Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Episode's 2017 Diversity Standards

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liz Trinady I don't know if you check this thread, but would you please have a look at this?

http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...n-pll-season-2

The whole sensationalism around institutionalization doesn't match the promise of sensitivity, and it's really upsetting to people like me who have personal experiences related to this.

Comment

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much. We have posted a reply.

So happy about this!!! Thank you all so much.

Comment

Liz Trinady

Do you know when more diverse stories will start to be rolled out? So far only PLL has let you choose your sexuality, not to mention I am yet to see stories with other gay characters. Also, do you know if any stories will be reedited so that users can reset and start again as a different sexuality? And I know this sounds like a lot to ask, but have you considered adding code to make it easier for users to create stories where the player can choose their sexuality? Right now it's pretty sticky.
      Thanks.

Last edited by TigerGurrl; 07-01-2017, 05:33 AM.

Comment

• angelyrwrites
        angelyrwrites commented
        Editing a comment
        Demi Lovato also lets you choose your sexuality.

Originally posted by Liz View Post
      • We have begun work on a new story with a popular recording artist. In this story, you will be able to select the gender of both your character and your love interest.
      • In partnership with a major Hollywood studio, we are developing a story based on a hit movie that will feature a Korean-American fashion designer and business owner.
      • We are working with an active member of the community on a new game-show-like story with a hugely diverse cast, where characters’ ethnicities, religions, and backgrounds will be a part of the story and the roles they play on the show.
      • We’ve got a new story in development that focuses on the fluidity of gender identity and the gender-based standards that surround our society.
      when are these going to come out?! still super hyped

Comment

• Aloha Dee
        Aloha Dee commented
        Editing a comment
        The one based on the hit movie is Clueless, (Probably my favorite episode story yet!!)

I think we should be able to make our characters curvy, like Damian in Mean Girls, I would also love a wheel chair animation, and while we're at, it let's be diverse with species too and get some cat and dog characters!

Comment

• Romydjene
        Romydjene commented
        Editing a comment
        Omg yes to all of this!!!!!! Especially the sizing of characters and the wheelchair... I second your motion.

Originally posted by Clare R View Post
      GiGi is Me I completely agree! Different body shapes and types are definitely important and it would be great if episode also represented that. However it could be a hard feature to include...
      Originally posted by 01000010 01001000 View Post
      Liz I think I may have an idea for you. I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I'll put it out there anyway. Many companies have found that a good way to create goods and services that appeal to diverse consumers is to. . .HAVE A DIVERSE TEAM! It's clear that Episodes hasn't gotten it right because the Episodes team and company is predominantly white. You want to get an authentic feel for a mixture of people from different backgrounds and beliefs? Hire them! Only people of color can accurately depict what it's like to be, think, act, and feel as a person of color. Trust me, I'm a gender-fluid, Mexican "female." I will not react to certain situations the same way as say. . .a white, heterosexual female? You know, the default MC to most of your stories.

If you have a diverse team and you're still getting it wrong than I'm sorry, but it's a lost cause.
      As a genderfluid bisexual and disabled girl who is overweight, I agree women and men of all shapes and sizes need to be in the game as well as all sexualities (including transgender and tranvestite) and disabilities such as bipolar disorder, cerebral palsy, high functioning autism and Aspberger's Syndrome, anxiety, depression, OCD, and other disabilities. Not the stereotypical Aspie or high functioning autism nerd, and NOT the stereotypical nonverbal person with autism and NOT the sterotypical savant. Represent people with high functioning autism or Aspberger's Syndrome, who function like typical teens except they have difficulty talking to people and fitting in with other people, such as getting teased, and bullied as well as having a few friends or isolated socially due to "cliques". Just to make the game more realistic.And also there needs to be characters who ARE disabled and LGBT, because there are people who are disabled and LGBT.

Comment

Liz TrinadyJeremy Cass Thanks for publishing yet ANOTHER straight romance this week, Episode.

Comment

i love that ya'll are working here, hopefully in the future you'll release a featured story with an uncostomizable african american female protaganist in ink.
          because there aren't any stories like that yet and it kinda sucks tbh. representation is important. <3

Comment

• GoodMorningToki
            GoodMorningToki commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I agree....

• Romydjene
            Romydjene commented
            Editing a comment
            Girl, I've been saying!!!! It does get super annoying when 98% of the time, on this app, for all their major stories (with or without customizable main characters or even recurring characters) you only see the same type of people being represented over, and over, and over, and over, and over (lol, you get the point) again.

But, until a real change in their representation presentation happens, you should totally check out some of my stories if you haven't yet. I don't usually self promote...but hey! I don't really get much views on them considering I don't really cater for the mainstream audience...

Hy guys am kinda having issues. When i read others stories is see a lot of themes, sound, them bowing but when i tried writing mine i couldn't find any of that pls i need help ASAP

Comment

• Trinady
            Trinady commented
            Editing a comment
            Please submit a Support ticket or post in the community.

Maybe this is just me, but, I'm a bit disappointing in the lack of male protagonists in stories. I would love to play a story as myself, as many do, but it's hard to do that when you're a transboy and there's absolutely no option to play as a male character in any of the featured stories. My only saving grace is the various user stories that let you choose your gender.
          I can get by reading the stories, by giving them other names and such, but still. I hope this doesn't come off as rude. Thanks.

Comment

• CatterPie_Blue
            CatterPie_Blue commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you, tbh. Right now there are not many stories with a male MC. I only know of one with a Male MC(then again I haven't read many Episode stories in awhile). That one is "Rock N Roll Revolution" (which is actually, imo, the funniest story on Episode). Anyways, definitely didn't come off as rude, and I think there should be more male MCs as well.

Liz Trinady

I want to ask bout demi lovato on season 3, I want to say not as I was thinking it would be.

I love season 1 & 2 but on season 3 it just stop at the middle of their struggle on develop their production. And it didn't show any progress on how they succeed on their ideas in the last episode.
          And I remember that there is one of their singer got jealous and betray them for signing contract with competitor production. But in the end, neither and no one who can given a good explanation to her, so I felt the story end in cliffhanger.
          I said this because I loved the stories so far and I want to giving encouragement to the author. I love all author in Episode and I think they have each of their unique thinking on their stories.
          So, I hope it would be for new season 4 demi lovato of the continuation of their doing, I hope you can reconsider my proposal to continue the story on Demi Lovato season 4 story.

Thank you, I hope I'm not too harsh on my words.

Comment

I was wondering in regards to Episode’s plans to release more updates for Limelight; are you guys planning on releasing the character creation style you have in featured and Episode produced stories? For example the character creation in Clueless, PLL and Crush on Mr. Bad Boy? It would be really cool if we were able to use those features in our stories.

Comment

Working...
          X