Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Assets released and news about our upcoming new style.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image.jpeg

I played PLL a while back and I don't recall the style being that different. I Think it even had the same animations. And they're still releasing new Mean Girls and Demi Lovato episodes and they're in ink. I don't think Ink's gonna disappear.

I don't think it's bad at all.
    Attached Files

Comment

• KittyCat2
      KittyCat2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. The style is very similar to ink (although I prefer the more realistic faces + smoother look), so I don't think it will completely replace the style.

• GiGi is Me
      GiGi is Me commented
      Editing a comment
      They haven't released a Demi or Mean Girls episode in ages.

• B. Al Hunter
      B. Al Hunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I think there is gonna be more Demi, at least. They typically release two half- seasons with about twelve episodes per Story. So Demi season one had the pilot twelve episodes and glammy drama. Demi season 2 had the europe tour and the album release drama. And Demi season 3 had twelve episodes with MC's first tour. So I'm guessing they'll give us at least 12 more to finish Season 3.

Great but we need more ink hairstyles and outfits too!

Comment

Ooo​​​​​I can't wait for this..I'm too excited.I love the Pll style

Comment

Okay, am I the only one against the idea of a new style? Scrolling through the replies to this, I see that I'm alone with an exception of like 5 other people.

I'm so worried that this style is going to take over the INK style. Honestly, Episode, sorry for this rant, but these new styles are getting kind of frustrating. First of all, I rarely ever see anyone fully request for a new style. Having a choice between the ink and classic was cool, but being that now everyone only has an eye for ink, just releasing a new one with barely a year and a half of this new one just seems rushed. (aka, I don't want a style to completely overtake a style that hasn't even existed that long. Seeing the downfall of classic was a depressing thing to watch) And also, something that frustrates me is that there are SO. MANY. amazing requests on here in the Features+Art Suggestions forum, and you guys ignore them for what seems to be something no one asked for in the first place. You've prioritized like 10 things total that the forum suggested in like the 4 years I've been here. Some that have over 200 replies for support don't even get a second glance for being taken into consideration. The profile feature is one of the only things you guys have created in a LONG TIME because of customer demand. And once again, I'm not saying that people necessarily wouldn't want a new style, I'm saying that the fact that you guys keep spending your entire time creating things that aren't requested just really frustrating.

It took weeks for me - as well as many people who were used to the classic style - to get used to even ink and for us to decide that we liked it. So what I'm getting at is that many of the people who support the idea of a new style are people who claim that "no one likes this style anyway so it won't overtake ink"...but they forgot that for months, a lot of people didn't like the ink style either, but then after everyone got used to it...it was ALL that was being created. The PLL style is incomparably inferior to both ink and classic, as the characters are just boring. They should have been special to the PLL story because it was literally made for them.

Sometimes I wonder if the whole point of that Features + Art Suggestions forum is to give your customers the faux illusion that their ideas are being taken into consideration, when really it's just being ignored altogether. And not only this, but most of the suggestions in that thread are asking less than what the Episode Creators are making for themselves.
        Last edited by AbbyGG; 04-20-2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• myarmyofmonkeys
          myarmyofmonkeys commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the problem with ink and classic is it's old software. It's kind of like an old computer that you just cant upgrade. They can't make stuff for it as quickly etc, and the new style is an upgrade on new technology that will be easier for them to work with. Personally I don't LOVE the art, but I am hoping it means more fantasy elements and that they can answer our requests for things and make stuff for us quicker. if they make me legit elf ears i'll stay, but if there are still no elf ears in PLL style i'm done lol

• JessicaSwift
          JessicaSwift commented
          Editing a comment
          No, I feel completely the same. It is really demoralising to be honest. What is the point of making suggestions when we are utterly ignored? Just because there is a technology change, it doesn't mean that they need to change the art. How can they make such big changes without actively asking the users. It doesn't make me feel very valued or respected as a stakeholder.

• AbbyGG
          AbbyGG commented
          Editing a comment
          JessicaSwift The "new technology" card just seems to be an idea that people are throwing out there to blindly defend The Episode Team. Classic lasted a good 4 years, and INK has lasted barely a year and a half (and keep in mind that that is more popular than classic, too). And also this statement doesn't even make sense because people are claiming that it's "not even that different from INK", so if you're using new software obviously it wouldn't be similar? Logic not found. Also, not to mention that they don't look upgraded at all. What people are calling more realistic is just the illusion that the Episode Team created because the style was literally made for the PLL cast. In reality, I felt like when I had the choice to customize my character, I could do polar opposite choices for how I wanted her to look like and she would somehow still end up looking the same. And you could argue that this is because the style is new and that they haven't done a lot with it yet, but when we were first introduced to INK with the Demi Lovato story, basically The Episode Team had given us all that was there besides some hidden skin colors and skirts and stuff like that.

That reminds me, too, how the hell are they going to a farther step in diversity when they're proposing a style that makes characters look like brothers and sisters no matter what features you give them? I honestly don't even know where they're going to go with it, and I hate it so much. Again, sorry for the rant.

So....you're just going to ignore all of the useful suggestions in the forums that have been around for years and instead make a completely new style (ink has only been around for 1.5 year) that nobody asked for? Mmkay.
        I mean, all these pregnancy stories and we don't have a baby animation and we can't have a baby background. Smh.
        *Pours Tea*
        Last edited by LusciousLavenderxox; 04-20-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Okay peeps...

Just wanted to say something, and I hardly do when it is not related to one of my own stories. I will keep it brief. No one ever moans and complains when the latest cell phone is coming out. Technology moves at the speed of light now days, so get used to it. Who says the Episode staff didn't listen when we moaned? I'm betting that they did. Perhaps they found a new style that would accommodate both Classic and Ink style users. Did anyone ever think of that? It takes a while to do this kind of animation. You think you have a hard time just getting your character to move across the screen? Think about what it takes to code every aspect of your individual imaginations? It is a lot of work.

So I am just saying I came along after Classic was gone. Ink Is what I am used to so Ink is what I like. The same with Classic users. So when the new style comes out, how about we embrace it and keep it moving? Why do we want to hold back process when it comes to Episode, and would die to have the newest version of the IPhone?

Think about it.

Comment

• JessicaSwift
            JessicaSwift commented
            Editing a comment
            I get your point in some ways but there are a few flaws in this argument. The change in the background technology would not mean that they would need to change the artwork, they are doing this because *they* like the new art style, not because they are responding to the consumer needs that have been clearly stated on the forum. This was decided without any consultation with existing, paying customers which personally I find a bit shocking.
            I personally hate the new style, I stopped reading PLL because of it and when it embeds in, I will probably stop using Episode entirely. It is a real shame, but I think that after I finish my new story I probably will look for a different platform. I love the community, I love the app itself but there are too many unresolved frustrations for me.
            Last edited by JessicaSwift; 04-21-2017, 03:46 AM.

• GiGi is Me
            GiGi is Me commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, we never really know when it will be released. Just because they talk about doesn't mean it will be released the next day. I mean, it will hopefully take over ink (If it does) when everyone is used to it. Much alike Ink, which no one liked at first. Maybe we will get used to it?

• JessicaSwift
            JessicaSwift commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe GiGi is Me but for me, I think I will leave when PLL takes over. I don't want to be involved with it and I am frustrated with the lack of meaningful communication PocketGems has with their customers. I am sure a lot of people left once Classic was made obsolete, to be replaced by new people and I will just be replaced by someone else.

...I am so excited for the new style...Hope to have them soon...When are they releasing it??

Comment

Working...
          X