Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Assets released and news about our upcoming new style.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great but we need more ink hairstyles and outfits too!

Comment

Ooo​​​​​I can't wait for this..I'm too excited.I love the Pll style

Comment

Okay, am I the only one against the idea of a new style? Scrolling through the replies to this, I see that I'm alone with an exception of like 5 other people.

I'm so worried that this style is going to take over the INK style. Honestly, Episode, sorry for this rant, but these new styles are getting kind of frustrating. First of all, I rarely ever see anyone fully request for a new style. Having a choice between the ink and classic was cool, but being that now everyone only has an eye for ink, just releasing a new one with barely a year and a half of this new one just seems rushed. (aka, I don't want a style to completely overtake a style that hasn't even existed that long. Seeing the downfall of classic was a depressing thing to watch) And also, something that frustrates me is that there are SO. MANY. amazing requests on here in the Features+Art Suggestions forum, and you guys ignore them for what seems to be something no one asked for in the first place. You've prioritized like 10 things total that the forum suggested in like the 4 years I've been here. Some that have over 200 replies for support don't even get a second glance for being taken into consideration. The profile feature is one of the only things you guys have created in a LONG TIME because of customer demand. And once again, I'm not saying that people necessarily wouldn't want a new style, I'm saying that the fact that you guys keep spending your entire time creating things that aren't requested just really frustrating.

It took weeks for me - as well as many people who were used to the classic style - to get used to even ink and for us to decide that we liked it. So what I'm getting at is that many of the people who support the idea of a new style are people who claim that "no one likes this style anyway so it won't overtake ink"...but they forgot that for months, a lot of people didn't like the ink style either, but then after everyone got used to it...it was ALL that was being created. The PLL style is incomparably inferior to both ink and classic, as the characters are just boring. They should have been special to the PLL story because it was literally made for them.

Sometimes I wonder if the whole point of that Features + Art Suggestions forum is to give your customers the faux illusion that their ideas are being taken into consideration, when really it's just being ignored altogether. And not only this, but most of the suggestions in that thread are asking less than what the Episode Creators are making for themselves.
        Last edited by AbbyGG; 04-20-2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• AriAndLana
          AriAndLana commented
          Editing a comment
          I think its okay for everyone to have their own opinion...but it can go a bit far when you begin to illude to Episode's motives or intentions in an ill light. I don't know of another app that is as interactive with its communtity as Episode is.

NEWS FLASH! This is THEIR app. And it didn't take a few days to build. It takes time; time I'm sure they spent improving things that WE, the community DID ask for.

I get that there is fear of extinction for INK and Classic, but Episode is just releasing a new style, not making some public statement that they don't care about what we want...but the reality is, they don't need to ask for our permission to release it. I don't know why everyone is acting like Episode needs to run their ideas by us. All they're doing is giving us the option, not forcing us to write in only this new style.

And, if this new style takes over, it will be because that's what the community wants, just like how they wanted INK over Classic. But there is no need to insult what people have worked hard on to make your point sound valid. It just comes off as entitled, or dare I say spoiled.

-Ari

• AbbyGG
          AbbyGG commented
          Editing a comment
          AriAndLana - My post was not to come across as rude, but rather informative and addressing my confusions with this new feature. So I apologize if my rants get a little unnecessary. But perhaps you're not aware of what a forum is. Literally the definition is a place where ideas or topics on a particular issue can be exchanged. AKA if I don't like something Episode does, I'll comment on it. That's the whole reason Episode created a forum...to know what their readers think of it. Meanwhile, you're going on multiple people's posts on here just to make sure that we know that you disagree with it, which really seems like the unnecessary move. If you made a *separate* post saying you're totally fine with what their doing, I wouldn't interfere with it. And I would respect it.

And also regarding the new styles taking over, I'm almost on Episode's side here - simply stating that making a new style will have the community completely disregard their previous works, which by the way, are much better than the ones that they're introducing. And no, you can't blame Episode for that. You're right.

And it seems that Episode seems to forget about their forums, too - not listening to their customers when they purposely set aside an entire forum that gets like an [underestimating] amount of 25 requests per day. Believe me, I am completely aware that this is their app and they can choose to do what they want with it. But unlike other apps, they've built up a reputation almost that they listen to their readers and take their own suggestions, when they really do not. And my original post is based on an estimated *fact* that they have prioritized such a small amount of requests that the forum really doesn't even serve a purpose. In fact, I would be more satisfied if they completely disregarded the forum than keep it with no acknowledgement.

Yeah, you can disagree with me, but take into consideration that I've been here for basically 4 years. I've seen what they done and haven't done and something they haven't done is do anything with that Feature + Art Suggestions sub-forum. And yeah, if wanting one or two things that have hundreds of support comments and have been around for years makes me spoiled, then yep. I'm a spoiled brat.
          Last edited by AbbyGG; 05-29-2017, 11:22 AM.

• AriAndLana
          AriAndLana commented
          Editing a comment
          @AbbyGG
          I understand that to see suggestions go unanswered can be upsetting. I'm not disagreeing that Episode could do better, but if you notice, all my comments are just addressing when people take their opinions and start to use them as facts when in reality they are only speculations.

Now, if I am speaking igorantly, and you happen to be an Episode worker, who knows what and all that they are working on, please correct me and let me know. But it seems that people are speaking on what Episode is doing so confidently, which leads me to ask "How would you know that?".

And I know very well what a forum is. I'm actively writing on one now, so I do know what it is...but I like to think that this forum is for sharing ideas and opinions (having healthy interactions), not coming at the motives or intentions or integrity of Episode itself. Saying "they're going to get rid of INK" or "they don't care what we think since they didn't ask us" seems like assumptions to me. But then again, all of us tend to make assumptions.

Now, I don't really have an opinion on whether they release the new style or not, which is why I didn't post my own seperate comment. I think that the new style is nice, maybe not the best, but I don't think it's hideous (but I know that's just my opinion). And I know people may feel that since they're customers they should have been asked first; but as a consumer, you buy the product presented to you. You have a right to be upset, but to come at the intentions of the producers of the product without any given evidence is a reach. And considering the overshadowing amount of excited comments to dissatisfied comments, I don't think those that are upset are the majority.

My only concern is the comments thats seem to take their opinion further than necessary. Those kinds of comments are what I would deem unnecessary. My whole point is, let's not jump to such harsh conclusions.

Voicing that you don't like the new style or that you hope they don't get rid of INK or forget about it is 100% valid. And I want to clarify that I'm not just addressing you, so if some things I'm saying don't apply to you this is why. I was just caught off guard by how many people seemed to be assuming or guessing things without any valid reasons. And I only share in hopes to enlighten others to how I see things. I don't see why some people are upset. If a restaurant added a new burger to the menu without asking them, they wouldn't complain. Now, if they obviously replaced that person's favorite burger for their new one, then I can see the reasoning, but that is not what Episode has done. Though people may assume that is going to happen, that is not grounds to accuse.
          -Ari

So....you're just going to ignore all of the useful suggestions in the forums that have been around for years and instead make a completely new style (ink has only been around for 1.5 year) that nobody asked for? Mmkay.
        I mean, all these pregnancy stories and we don't have a baby animation and we can't have a baby background. Smh.
        *Pours Tea*
        Last edited by LusciousLavenderxox; 04-20-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Okay peeps...

Just wanted to say something, and I hardly do when it is not related to one of my own stories. I will keep it brief. No one ever moans and complains when the latest cell phone is coming out. Technology moves at the speed of light now days, so get used to it. Who says the Episode staff didn't listen when we moaned? I'm betting that they did. Perhaps they found a new style that would accommodate both Classic and Ink style users. Did anyone ever think of that? It takes a while to do this kind of animation. You think you have a hard time just getting your character to move across the screen? Think about what it takes to code every aspect of your individual imaginations? It is a lot of work.

So I am just saying I came along after Classic was gone. Ink Is what I am used to so Ink is what I like. The same with Classic users. So when the new style comes out, how about we embrace it and keep it moving? Why do we want to hold back process when it comes to Episode, and would die to have the newest version of the IPhone?

Think about it.

Comment

• AriAndLana
            AriAndLana commented
            Editing a comment
            @JessicaSwift
            I do my best to respect everyone's opinion, as I'm sure you do as well, so please don't take offense. That is not my intention. But I'm a little taken back by your comments.

Are you saying that because Episode is releasing sonething that they didn't consult YOU on, that you're going to go find some other app to use because you don't like their choice?

If I were Episode, I don't think I would care too much about spending hours upon hours workin on implementing your suggestions if that is the mindset you have.

I'm a Classic author, and I thought INK was great until they released it to the community. Classic moved to the back and Ink took its place ... But I had to realize that if the readers and writers didn't like the style, they wouldn't read or use it.

Episode won't force us to write in this new style, and they can't force readers to read it, so maybe we shouldn't jump ahead of ourselves based on hypotheticals. The new style will either be a hit or a bust. We'll have to wait and see, but we DO have the power to decide that, based on whether we write/read with it.

-Ari

• JessicaSwift
            JessicaSwift commented
            Editing a comment
            AriAndLana
            Firstly, your opening gambit is incredibly patronising. I am sure you don't mean it to be, but it is how it comes across.

Secondly, I am a paying customer. I have every right to voice my unhappiness. It isn't their app that they make from the goodness of their hearts, it is a product that they *sell* to me. If any company had the same attitude to their customer opinion or "mindset" that you just voiced for me, they would quickly go out of business. Successful companies are agile, they actively engage their customers, listen to them and anticipate their needs. You don't do that by being sniffy when your loyal customer base is becoming disaffected.

It isn't because they haven't asked me personally, it is because they haven't asked the used in general. This is the first game app I've had, where the company doesn't actively ask for feedback from their users. CrowdStar for example does it regularly on their updates and uses the feedback to implement changes to their games. When PocketGems don't do this, it is frustrating and dare I say it, a little bit rude.

Episode can easily force uses out of Ink, the same as they did Classic. Stop writing Featured stories in Ink, stop adding assets... nobody from the Episode team have once stepped in to reassure users about the future of Ink and that silence is deafening.
            Last edited by JessicaSwift; 05-30-2017, 02:42 PM.

• AriAndLana
            AriAndLana commented
            Editing a comment
            @JessicaSwift
            It's one thing to voice that you don't personally like the style, or that you even don't plan to use it...but the bottom line is, they are releasing. I'm not saying they shouldn't care about what you think, but if your stance is that of an ultimatum, then sadly I guess you'll stop using this app.

Now, I know you said you're a paying customer, but what exactly are you paying for? The app itself is free to download and use. You can literally use it as long as you want and NEVER have to pay a dime. But, if you're buying something then it's either passes or gems to read more of the stories people put out (not to have say in what they release.) I could see and understand the frustration you feel if you had to pay money just to download and use the app...but Episode has made it incredibly easy to avoid ever having to spend money using their app. You even have the ability to write your own story without ever having to pay some sort of membership fee or anything like that. AND there's even a way to get Episode to pay YOU! So I think those points show that Episode does value their consumers/readers/writers.

Again, I'm not saying you have no right to be upset or voice your frustration. I'm a Classic author, but, hypothetically, if I voiced that "if Episode truly valued their community, they would get rid of INK because so many Classic authors are sharing how difficult it is for them to compete for reads" or "it is hard to find Classic stories among the monsterous sea of INK" or "I prefer Classic, and if they keep INK up, I'm quitting the app"...my request would seem unreasonable. This is why...if the community doesn't want it, they won't use it. They won't write with it, and they won't read it.

An example I've previously used is a fast food restaurant. 1. If they released a new burger, no one would complain. They'd either order it, or they wouldn't; the restaurant can't force you to buy or eat it. But even so, if no one was buying or enjoying the burger, they would take it off of the menu. Problem solved.

People HAVE to pay money for the food (product)(Episode is free...) but they don't have a right to determine what's put on the menu. And I know restaurants should and do put out what the customers want...I agree that is what Episode should do as well. But, the majority of responses to this release have been more positive than negative. So, if Episode didn't release the new style (based off of the minority's opinion) then they REALLY wouldn't be listening to what the majority of the consumers, and writers even, want.

But just to clarify again...the products Episode SELLS you are passes and diamonds, not the story styles. The styles are completely free to read and/or write with. They don't HAVE to ask if we like it because they'll be able to see if we do or not. Just like with the previous Spotlight style, Episode saw no one was reading or writing with it so they got rid of it. It's seems to me that the disappearence of a style, based on the past, relies on the communties reaction/feedback, which is mostly positive from what I can see.
            And they haven't FORCED people out of Classic. There is still a large community of Classic readers and writers who still have the ability to read and write using their favorite style. I should know, considering I'm one of them.
            -Ari
            Last edited by AriAndLana; 06-01-2017, 06:11 AM.

...I am so excited for the new style...Hope to have them soon...When are they releasing it??

Comment

I have read many posts about how unhappy people are about the PLL style. I'm pretty ticked off about it too.
            But if you don't want to use it, don't. Whoever wants to use it can, but they're not removing INK or forcing anyone to use PLL.
            There is speculation that they're going to stop producing INK assets like with classic but we don't know that for sure.
            I think if INK stays popular we have nothing to worry about.
            But it's not like we can prevent the release of PLL, so suck it up.

Comment

• JessicaSwift
              JessicaSwift commented
              Editing a comment
              It is a weird attitude to say "Suck it up.". We are the consumers, it is our money that pays for the new style. Various companies have made changes that customers hated and they changed it back... and most companies do extensive market research and soft launches before foisting products on people. The customer should be at the centre of their strategy, not "We like the new style, so lump it" because it isn't about what the Episode office like, it is what about what we like enough to pay for.

Imagine your favourite chocolate bar. Imagine that the company changed the recipe and it tasted horrible? Would you suck it up and continue to buy it... or would you just start buying different chocolate bars?

• RogueNerd42
              RogueNerd42 commented
              Editing a comment
              They haven't completely changed anything. They're just adding a new style. They have not removed INK or stopped releasing assets nor have they ever implied that they were. You say their "changing the recipe" but it's more like they've started producing a new chocolate bar, you may not like it but other people do. And there are many others (not me) that are looking forward to the release of PLL.
              Last edited by RogueNerd42; 05-15-2017, 12:14 PM.

• Avery Sigler
              Avery Sigler commented
              Editing a comment
              @JessicaSwift

I disagree with your candy bar analogy. If a company starts making a new candy bar, some people may find it tastes horrible while others love it. Let's say that this style does grow in popularity. That doesn't mean that your candy bar wouldn't be made. It just wouldn't be as popular.

I just want to say, not to be rude, but this is how people who loved Classic felt when INK came out. I, for one, prefer Classic. However, INK has grown on me, as will the new style. It may grow on you, too. And if it doesn't? Then just stick with writing INK.

CAN'T WAIT 4 DA NEW STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I bet this is going to post in non-caps lock form lol)

Comment

• donutlover05
              donutlover05 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, it didn't! XD

I can't see my classic characters on the portal. HELP!

Comment

When INK came out they didn't remove Classic because they were mindful of the people that would still want to use that style. It's exactly the same situation with the pending one. I love INK more than Classic and I know that I'll learn to love the new one too! Thanks Episode

Comment

• JessicaSwift
                JessicaSwift commented
                Editing a comment
                Stephogirl1 As I said, this forum is a place to give feedback. You might call me a brat, just because I express my feelings about the style but it is better to speak up and be heard than just nod and go along with everything even if I am unhappy. That's not who I am, so maybe you should lay off.

• RogueNerd42
                RogueNerd42 commented
                Editing a comment
                JessicaSwift, We have heard your feelings on the matter! We got it! But your opinion is not the only one that matters!
                I don't want to offend you, but just because your loud and demanding doesn't mean that you'll get your way.
                There are other people that use Episode who want the new style, what makes your feelings more important than theirs?

• MariaXSonja
                MariaXSonja commented
                Editing a comment
                RogueNerd42 Amen.

Hi! Is there any deadline or date of release? Also I know you were promising some fantasy/warrior clothes for INK - do you know any time span when it may be released? Don't want to rush you or so, but I am waiting for it like ages thanks for reply

Comment

Hey there! I'm very sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've combed these forums a few times looking for an answer and I haven't found it yet.

I'm basically just repeating Jinxy's question: Is there a release date for the new style? I've noticed some newer stories using it, but it doesn't seem to be available for general use yet. I'm working on a story I'd like to publish, but if the new style may come out in the next few months, I would rather wait for it. Please let me know what time window we're looking at, if you can. If you can't, I understand. Thank you.

Comment

To be honest, I hate the new style! Like, aw hell naw! But its okay, because I know lots are very excited for this

Comment

The new style isn't too bad. The hairstyles look a little weird (as if they're wigs on a bald head), but I think I could adjust to the look if this becomes the new style. Still love my INK though!

Comment

• Lolakitty
                      Lolakitty commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I love all styles. 💖💗💖💗💖💗
                  Working...
                  X