Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Please Save Your Account Infromation!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Save Your Account Infromation!

Hello Episode Community,

Android is getting ready to release a new update: Android O. Our team has been testing this new update and have uncovered a bug that could potentially have an impact on your Episode app progress. If you delete and reinstall the Episode app after upgrading to Android O you will likely lose your progress in the app.

We are working on a way to resolve this issue, but in the meantime we want to encourage EVERYONE, but especially Android players, to save their game information. This is located in the “Settings” menu near the bottom of the main menu.

Once in Settings, scroll to the bottom. You will see your Support ID and your Restore Username and Password. You should save BOTH of these pieces of information.

You can save this info in a couple of ways: 1) Screenshot it and save it on your device or email, or 2) email it to yourself via the “Send Info” option below the Username & Password.

Selecting “Send Info” will prompt you to enter an email address and, voila!, all done! When it comes time to restore your saved progress on a new device, enter in the appropriate information by tapping “Enter Info” and your saved progress should load up on your new device!

Once you’ve restored your previous game, you should be able to log into your Episode Profile and Writer Account.

Please note: Device transfers cannot work when moving from Android to iOS or vice versa. In these cases, there is no way to restore your old game, however, if you have the old Support ID, please contact Support--they may be able to transfer the existing currency on that account.

As always, if you have an issue, please let us know via Support.

Love,

The Episode Team
    Last edited by Trinady; 08-11-2017, 02:22 PM.

Will the Android update uninstall Episode?!?

Comment

• Liz
      Liz commented
      Editing a comment
      It shouldn't. It should only be an issue if you delete or uninstall the app itself. Otherwise upgrading from N to O should be okay.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

My episode game on my brand new android device only has four tabs, Home, Mean Girls, Demi and Settings. I can't read anything or edit my stories! I sent a support ticket to Pocket Gems...

Comment

• ZinniaMae1
        ZinniaMae1 commented
        Editing a comment
        When that happened to me I just waited for the next update and it fixed itself so just wait

• Sabrina Auteberry
        Sabrina Auteberry commented
        Editing a comment
        ZinniaMae1 Yes that happened with me too. Thank you

My sister has a similar issue... she can sign in, but then she still doesn't have a profile or access to user-created stories!

Comment

• Sabrina Auteberry
        Editing a comment
        Jeremy I submitted a ticket about a week ago, but still didn't get any response. It is very frustrating. I can't check my profile or read user stories! Also, to see my own stories after I edit them on the portal I have to email myself their link and it takes longer than it should.

• Jeremy
        Jeremy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sabrina Auteberry I am sorry for any delay. Please PM me the email address associated with the ticket. Thanks.

• Sabrina Auteberry
        Editing a comment
        Jeremy Actually my ticket was replied to yesterday and my problems fixed. Thank you!
    Working...
    X