Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Content Guidelines

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a character that is lesbian, and she encounters homophobic people that bully her. They use the word "dyke" in reference to her, which could be considered an offensive term, however it is portrayed as wrong and offensive, and is only said once. Would this still break the guidelines?

Comment

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      I would recommend sending the scene to Support so they can look at the context. Thanks for asking!

But when Sin gives the MC head in Loving Bad it's fine?

proof:
    https://i.imgur.com/fcfZgyO_d.jpg?ma...&fidelity=high
    https://i.imgur.com/ASEIR6G_d.jpg?ma...&fidelity=high

A featured story all about having sex with a bad boy and being his "booty call". Soooo appropriate for a 13 year old.
    Last edited by hilaaa_; 08-24-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Vetpro.
      Vetpro. commented
      Editing a comment
      Right they allow some of the craziest things I've seen in featured stories. But boy, they like to crack down on user stories not allowing much of anything, might as well be sesame street for creators at this point.

• k.w.episode
      k.w.episode commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking the same when I saw this thread!

• maes
      maes commented
      Editing a comment
      But as an Episode story, it would have gone through levels of approvals before being released, no? So obviously it was greenlit before being published, right?

I was trying to write on mobile creation, and for some reason, the word "hospital" was flagged... I didn't see anywhere on these Content Guidelines anything that would have caused the word "hospital" to be flagged. Did I do something wrong?

Comment

• Brinckmyster
      Brinckmyster commented
      Editing a comment
      I got this response from Pocket Gems
      "Hi Brinckmyster,

Thanks for writing in! I'm sorry to hear this is happening in your story. In order to further investigate this, I will need the following information:

Your Writer Portal email.
      The chapter and line number where this is happening.
      Your story URL. Please note, this is different from your share link, and will be formatted like this: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/story/TITLE
      Thanks for your help!

Kellie

For more information on Episode stories, updates, or just to meet other players, be sure to check out our forum! https://forums.pocketgems.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Episode-General-Discussion"

.... if my problem is in MOBILE CREATION, why would I give you my WRITER PORTAL email? I have very purposely NOT done anything in the Writer Portal with that story because I want to use edit it on MY PHONE! Trinady should I really give them this information? I feel like if I do this, I'm going to lose this story in Mobile Creation.

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      Brinckmyster The Writer Portal email is what you use to log into the mobile creation tab. This can be your Episode Profile email, as well. They do understand it's on the app, not laptop, but before they can escalate, they need the correct information. Thank you!

• Brinckmyster
      Brinckmyster commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not convinced, but it appears that the issue is resolved, at least for now. Thanks for looking into it! Trinady

Censorship at it's finest

Comment

• hilaaa_
      hilaaa_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, about the celebrity thing, they have contracts with the celebrities to make stories about them. However, I agree with you on everything else.

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! If you believe you've found stories that may break our guidelines, we do encourage you to report them to Support! Thank you!

• Vetpro.
      Vetpro. commented
      Editing a comment
      more than 60% of the stories on your app do, including the featured ones... thanks!

Originally posted by Trinady View Post
    Hello! If you believe you've found stories that may break our guidelines, we do encourage you to report them to Support! Thank you!
    We would report these stories. We have reported these stories, but the Episode team doesn't seem to do anything on the matter.

Comment

• Vetpro.
      Vetpro. commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes!!!!!!!!! Amen on this!!!!

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      I can assure you that we investigate every claim (more commonly these stories are reported multiple times and thus have an investigation already under way). Please continue to report to Support so we can continue to investigate. We appreciate all the help we can get!

• maes
      maes commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of us are very confused because there seems to be double standards when it comes to such things. The exact same thing could happen in Story 1 and Story 2, and Story 1 gets the pass while Story 2 doesn't. It's happened often enough and yet it's still not consistent.

Trinady Hey! I have another really important question and I hope you'll help me in this dilemma.

When two characters in story talk, may one of them mention that the president is Ronald Rump?

Is that according to the rules?
    Thank you for your answer!!

Comment

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      Public figures (like politicians, civil rights leaders, etc) are ok to mention in stories. Thanks for asking!

Hey @Trinady,
    I am quite new to Episode and I want to get more involved in contests and stuff. I've heard a common rumor that you can only apply for contests if you live in the US, is it true because that's a tight restriction to be honest? I'm not trying to give hate, and if you have a reason that's too confidential to let people know why so limited (if it is true), I understand, but is it true that it is only limited to certain countries to enter?
    Thanks!
    EclorasMagnum

Comment

• Dara Amarie
      Dara Amarie commented
      Editing a comment
      This was only true to those who wanted to enter the Perfect Pitches contest and win the grand prize. For any other contests, anyone and everyone from all around the world can enter (unless stated otherwise).

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      Dara Amarie That is correct! Only the Perfect Pitches contest required you to be in the US for the grand prize. However, you could still enter for the chance to be featured!

Thank you guys SO much for the clarification. It is much appreciated and very helpful!! <3

I have one question though:
    I have been told that the f-word is pretty much not allowed at all in PG-13 rated things, as your app is rated. But I'm confused....how come marijuana usage and reference is allowed in PG-13, when it's still illegal in many US states, but the f-word isn't allowed? It seems disproportionate to me and I was wondering what the reason was. Thanks
    Save
    Last edited by PurpleHaze_1976; 09-28-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Man, I have never seen a group that complains more than Episode users.

Comment

Hi! I just wanted to check real quick if nursery rhymes etc. that are in the public domain are counted into the rule about song lyrics. An example would be twinkle twinkle little star and ba ba sheep, since I've seen more than five lines of those being used in stories before, and I'm a bit confused as to weather I'm allowed to do that too or not. Thank you for all your work though!

Cheers

Comment

• bolt2k
          bolt2k commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure that the only reason that song lyrics aren't allowed is because of copyright, but twinkle twinkle little star was made like, 2 centuries ago so it's public domain and has no copyright. So any song made before 1923 can be put in any Episode
          Last edited by Liz; 10-18-2017, 02:06 PM.

• LostGoldfish
          LostGoldfish commented
          Editing a comment
          bolt2k yeah, I kind of guessed that, I just wanted to make sure since I figured that it's easier and more painless than having to fix it later on.

Good day all

Some noteworthy points have been raised concerning content that contains harmful themes. I have seen some of these stories Featured by the Episode Official.

From a business perspective, it does you no justice to promote and/or allow said content to remain published. You are leaving yourself naked and liable for possible action.

I do not refer to one theme or story in particular. I have seen harmful content such as:
        • the glorification of statutory rape in stories such as those revolving around Teen student/Teacher relationships.
        • The glorification of rape culture
        • the glorification of emotional, financial and/or physical abuse in stories revolving around the bad boy narrative and with love interests who engage in gaslighting.

We live in a global climate of discrimination and persecution of minorities (referring to the social, political, and/or economic power of a group - not size). We have an epidemic of femicide and domestic violence in my country which is further perpetuated by the aforementioned themes. It would be dangerous of Episode Official not to address these concerns owing to the age of your target market.

Thanking you in anticipation of a clear way forward.

Comment

The story, SORE LOSER, violates your guidelines, why is it published?

Comment

• Jeremy
            Jeremy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi yolo1! Sore Loser is no longer available on the Episode app. If you happen to still see it, please submit a ticket to our support team. Thanks!

• yolo1
            yolo1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

In reference to the under 16 relationships, does that apply to those who are both under the age of 16?

Comment

• Trinady
            Trinady commented
            Editing a comment
            I would submit a specific example of what you're asking to Support.
        Working...
        X