Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Content Guidelines

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinady A little confused again, so I have to ask for your help.
    Are stories based on abuse relationships allowed? Watching and reading about abusing husband in every chapter? And nothing changes? Wife is hurting, but she comply.

As I understand in guidelines is written: Torture can not be shown or described on screen. We can say it happened, but story can not base on that.

Comment

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey! This sounds like it could cross into "gratuitous". I would recommend contacting support and reporting the story in question. Thank you for your help!

• CoraMae Jones
      CoraMae Jones commented
      Editing a comment
      As always: Thanks Trinady! 😘😘😘

Originally posted by CoraMae Jones View Post
    Trinady A little confused again, so I have to ask for your help.
    Are stories based on abuse relationships allowed? Watching and reading about abusing husband in every chapter? And nothing changes? Wife is hurting, but she comply.

As I understand in guidelines is written: Torture can not be shown or described on screen. We can say it happened, but story can not base on that.

I would suggest putting a warning at the beginning of the story if abuse is mentioned.

Comment

• CoraMae Jones
      CoraMae Jones commented
      Editing a comment
      I once read by Episode Team here in forum, that it doesn’t matter if there’s any warning sign - what’s allowed is allowed and what is not - it’s not. 🤷🏽*♀️ Having a warning sign doesn’t mean author can write against guidelines.

• stronglcves
      stronglcves commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think it's against guidelines, as many featured stories have more inappropriate content. The warning sign is just for readers to let them know that if they're not comfortable with the content, they should exit.

Trinady Liz
    I hope Trinady or Liz will answer ☺️☺️

Comment

• brinn
      brinn commented
      Editing a comment
      have you submitted a support ticket yet? they'll be able to help you with your specific situation.

• Jeremy
      Jeremy commented
      Editing a comment
      The best thing you can do is submit a ticket in regards to any questions you have about the guidelines. Hope it helps and you get your questions answered.

Hi! I want to write a story loosely based off of a musical (I'm really using the bare bones of the plot so I'm assuming it should be fine, ESPECIALLY compared to other stories I've seen on here) and it involves accidental murders and the MC stages them as suicides to keep herself from getting in trouble. I won't be depicting any blood or gore in the story. There won't be any depictions of people hanging themselves either. I also won't be cursing much in the story if that means anything, as I don't curse much in real life. The MC doesn't really want to kill people (hence the "accidental" part of the description) but sometimes it isn't her fault and she's an unwilling pawn. There is also a relationship in the story (not really romantic) where the MC is being used. I don't want this to seem like I'm glorifying the situation she is in and make it very clear that the MC is not happy with anything about that. The story basically follows her throughout this time period and how everything affects her life. I put a warning in front of the story and warned readers of the sensitive topics very clearly and advised them to stop reading or not read the story if they find anything too intense or uncomfortable. The story isn't glorifying murder in any way.

The parts of the plot from the musical I'm basing this off of are:
    three mean girls who "adopt" MC
    "off" friend who is kind of crazy
    accidental murder of one of the girls

I haven't gone too far into the script yet, but as there is a murder, I will try to describe what is happening as well as I can without being too descriptive as it is essential to the story for the reader to know what is happening. I have changed a fair amount of the original content I'm basing this off of, and I have seen stories on this app that are somewhat based off of or very obviously based off of other stories. If you need any clarifications I will be happy to help! Thank you in advance for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by night_owls View Post
      Hi! I want to write a story loosely based off of a musical (I'm really using the bare bones of the plot so I'm assuming it should be fine, ESPECIALLY compared to other stories I've seen on here) and it involves accidental murders and the MC stages them as suicides to keep herself from getting in trouble. I won't be depicting any blood or gore in the story. There won't be any depictions of people hanging themselves either. I also won't be cursing much in the story if that means anything, as I don't curse much in real life. The MC doesn't really want to kill people (hence the "accidental" part of the description) but sometimes it isn't her fault and she's an unwilling pawn. There is also a relationship in the story (not really romantic) where the MC is being used. I don't want this to seem like I'm glorifying the situation she is in and make it very clear that the MC is not happy with anything about that. The story basically follows her throughout this time period and how everything affects her life. I put a warning in front of the story and warned readers of the sensitive topics very clearly and advised them to stop reading or not read the story if they find anything too intense or uncomfortable. The story isn't glorifying murder in any way.

The parts of the plot from the musical I'm basing this off of are:
      three mean girls who "adopt" MC
      "off" friend who is kind of crazy
      accidental murder of one of the girls

I haven't gone too far into the script yet, but as there is a murder, I will try to describe what is happening as well as I can without being too descriptive as it is essential to the story for the reader to know what is happening. I have changed a fair amount of the original content I'm basing this off of, and I have seen stories on this app that are somewhat based off of or very obviously based off of other stories. If you need any clarifications I will be happy to help! Thank you in advance for your help!
      Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately this thread is not a place for the team to answer your questions in regards to your story content. For feedback the best place to ask these questions is here. Please make sure to include as much details as possible and the reading team should be able to assist you.

Thanks.

Comment

I love that the main message here is to be respectful and tactful.

Comment

Working...
        X