Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

December 2017 Creator's Contest: STAR POWER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it have to be USA based or could it take place in a different country?

Comment

• Liz
      Liz commented
      Editing a comment
      There are no restrictions on where your story takes place.

My bday is on december

Comment

• GiGi is Me
      GiGi is Me commented
      Editing a comment
      Dat's random.

• Suaibah
      Suaibah commented
      Editing a comment
      I knowwwwwww

i got a really good idea for a story but i got zero time to make it

Comment

• CamilaGraphics
      CamilaGraphics commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, but I'm gonna try and squeeze it in my schedule ._.

Can I have multiple swoon-worthy singers? So like a whole band used technology to raise to fame as teens? I reeeally hope this is possible Liz

Comment

Liz Is it okay if the celebrity friend later turns into an enemy?

Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Comment

• PrincessZelda
        PrincessZelda commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the same thing! I have an idea for that but Im scared that we cant.

• Zerda.episode
        Zerda.episode commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you can, because why not?
        You just have to make sure you have an celebrity in the Story,
        the rest is up to you

Good luck with your stories

PrincessZelda Annabelle H.

• Annabelle H.
        Annabelle H. commented
        Editing a comment
        Zerda.episode

Thank you!

Liz, I have a question: Does the story has to be *about* the world of fame, or can it be about *anything* as long as it's set in the world of fame, and/or has one of the character archetypes?
      Last edited by Alissonian; 10-20-2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• CamilaGraphics
        CamilaGraphics commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the plot must revolve around fame and any type of storyline that has to do with it like struggling to become famous or having your image ruined etc.

Does the story have to be fully complete?

Comment

• MeganTinista
        MeganTinista commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Liz View Post
        11) There is no length requirement for this contest. You only need to have 3 completed chapters published by the entry deadline. You may not substantially alter or change your first 3 chapters after the deadline (other than to make minor corrections), but you may publish additional chapters after the submission window closes.
        So no it doesn't have to be complete only the first three episodes need to be complete.

This doesn't seem very "Christmasy" to me for a December contest, oh well I'll add the Christmas aspect

Comment

• NaomiRose
        NaomiRose commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah a New Years one makes sense, idk maybe since they're trying to increase diversity they didn't want to do a Christmas theme since a lot of readers (including me) don't celebrate Christmas?? idk 😊

• CaitlinRumble
        CaitlinRumble commented
        Editing a comment
        Have they ever done a Christmas contest? The first ever contest I remember was a Halloween one they did 3 or 4 years ago, but I don't remember an official Christmas one... then again, I was off episode between 2014 and 2017...

• GiGi is Me
        GiGi is Me commented
        Editing a comment
        They did a Secret Santa one, I believe. I think it was last year?

Liz I have a question. Would bullying effect the guidelines? I wanted to have my MC get bullied in the beginning before of the bullies finds out the MC's secret talent and help them become a singer.

Comment

• NaomiRose
        NaomiRose commented
        Editing a comment
        Not positive but I think it would only be against the guidelines if it encourages or endorses bullying in any kind of way, at least because that's what the general guidelines are. If it's done in a way which doesn't paint bullying in a good light, I think you're fine!

Does the MC have to be famous? My story is going to be a scary and the MC was going to meet someone who was famous and her friend is famous. So would it count?

Comment

• xxepisodewriterxx
        xxepisodewriterxx commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm highly sure that the MC has to be famous, since it revolves in a "Stardom" world. But, he/she could be a rising star, trying to rise into the fame.

I have a few more questions.
      1. Do you read all the stories that are submitted to the contest?

2. Do reads matter?

3. How many chapters do you read? Is it the only first 3?

Sorry for asking such questions. I've never entered a contest before, so I want to know how it works.

Comment

• xxepisodewriterxx
        Editing a comment
        You are not required to read all the stories, and the winners are halfly based off of how many readers FINISH the story. For example: Bob has 20,000 readers, but only 5,000 finished it; Katy has 5,000 readers, and 4,500 of them finished the story; therefore, Katy has a better chance of winning than Bob.

• Moe3232
        Moe3232 commented
        Editing a comment
        xxepisodewriterxx So when episodes review the story. How many chapters are they going to read? Does it only have to be 3?

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        I am not quite sure but I think they read all of them to mark your story and see if it is written well, has good directing etc. Because it isn't based purely on how many people finished your story as xxepisodewriterxx said. Plus they aren't going to only rely on what the readers thought? Or do they...

Is it okay, if it's a comedy and is only a LITTLE bit offensive? Like, at one part, people were fighting about sexism and it makes a tiny joke about gay people. (There is no joke, actually, but I'm afraid people might see it as one.) Liz

Comment

• Stephanie_M
        Stephanie_M commented
        Editing a comment
        A good rule of thumb is if your joke makes fun of someone for their gender, age, race, nationality, sexuality, religion, etc. it’s better to keep it to yourself. Just in general.

• xxepisodewriterxx
        Editing a comment
        Stephanie_M Oh, alright! The character just says, "This place is also where people from different sexualites and races come together in peace..." And then it shows two men chatting with each other and complimenting each other. And in the sexism part...it's not really sexism but a girl was with some boys and they were arguing about underwear. :P So, I guess it really isn't offensive.

Hello Liz what a nice theme! And what an amazing opportunity you guys are giving to the possible winner(s)!
      I have some questions and was hoping you could give me a direct answer to this.

1. Does the MC have to be an actress/singer? Because I can see in the archetypes they are all famous in that kind of celebrity world. But I was wondering if it'd be possible to have the MC be famous in another way, like director, script writer, (film)music composer or maybe even a famous business man (think Bruce Wayne aka Batman).

2. In the Scarlet archetype it says: "...who isn’t afraid to speak out about politics, feminism and racial injustice in the United States." My question here is, since you answered to someone else's question on here that the story doesn't have to be set in America, if the Scarlet can speak her mind about all off the above in the country the story is set in.

Thanks in advance for you answers!

And happy writing to everyone!

Comment

• licet
        licet commented
        Editing a comment
        As for the first question I'm not sure. For the second question from what I understand the Scarlet can also speak her mind about all of the above in wherever your story takes place.

• coolandlazy
        coolandlazy commented
        Editing a comment
        As Liz said in a previous post you have to write the archetypes exactly how they are written so I believe the Scarlet must talk about the United States.

So, are the characters in our stories such as the MC and the archetypes celebrities that are fictional, considering that using actual real-life celebrities are against the guidelines?

Also, can we reference a story we have already previously published in the script, or have characters from one of our other stories make cameos?

(I hope these questions I'm asking make sense.)

Comment

• WoahKeira
        WoahKeira commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you asking if the celebrity can be a real-life celebrity?

• kahotshot
        kahotshot commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, even though I don’t want to use real-life celebrities. I want to create my own.

• CaitlinRumble
        CaitlinRumble commented
        Editing a comment
        Cameos by characters from your own published stories are allowed, and so are references to them. Contest winners have done so before, so I’m sure it’s fine. You’re just not allowed to submit a story you’ve already published as an entry.
        Celebrities must be fictional and created by you.

Liz Trinady Is there going to be released more limelight clothing soon? because I want to write in limelight but there is some clothing I miss like female shoes without heels I think that I'll write in ink because of that if there isn't going to be released more soon.

Comment

• Mia_Tumblr
        Mia_Tumblr commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, some sneakers would be nice 😊

• Trinady
        Trinady commented
        Editing a comment
        Art has it on their plate. Coming soon!
    Working...
    X