Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Open Beta for Episode Spotlight Format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!

Comment

Yessss!

Comment

I actually don't read the other app (choices) because I don't prefer this style, but I imagine it is easier to write in. Personally, I love writing and coding, but I'm a mega nerd If I'm being honest, I won't read the stories written this way. I mean no offense, but I just perfer my stories to be very cinematic. I can't even read stories that are poorly coded, I just cringe, lol.

Comment

• CaitlinRumble
          CaitlinRumble commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a shape. I really enjoy Episode's animated style too since it's so engaging, but when it comes to quality of storytelling, Pixelberry/Choices has Episode beat 100 times over. XD

Honestly, love this because it's evident it's going to be easier to use for newer writers. I think I'm going to prefer to read it with the bodies normally, rather than Spotlight, but I can see why you'd want it. Love how hard they work for us <3

Comment

This sounds cool!

Comment

I feel like this could be amazing for use in flashback situations!

Comment

By the way, question: when you get the loseFlag command working to toggle Spotlight, will it work for other flags in our story as well? For example, if a character picks up an item at one point during the story (say, "gain book") but it's possible for them to lose it depending on the reader's choices ("loseFlag book"), will that be possible? Or will we still have to create separate flags for that sort of thing ("gain lostbook")?

Comment

Hey! Could someone tell me how to change my font to italics in an Episode story?

Comment

Oh yeah... I remember this sort of, This came a came around when I was having a break from episode.

Back when the style was only classic did there use to be chat rooms on the main stories because I swear there was....

Comment

• a.n.o.n.y.m.o.u.s
                    a.n.o.n.y.m.o.u.s commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't remember chat rooms, but there was an option to refer passes to friends back then? Unless you're talking about before that.

How do you get to cinematic? I could see how in this same post on my phone yesterday but on my desktop today I'm searching and searching the post and I can't find it...

Comment

• Trinady
                    Trinady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We're working on a feature that will allow you to switch back and forth (Spotlight, then "Cinematic" then Spotlight, etc).

• a.n.o.n.y.m.o.u.s
                    a.n.o.n.y.m.o.u.s commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Trinady Oh, okay! When this post was first released I saw it but then when I tried it it gave me an error so I was confused. Then I forgot it, tried to look on my phone and desktop, couldn’t find it, and asked this question ahha!❤️

This looks great. Can’t wait for it!

Comment

Working...
                  X