Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Resolved: Known Issue with Debug Menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolved: Known Issue with Debug Menu

**UPDATE**

This has been resolved. Please make sure your app is upgraded to the most current version (722 or higher). You check your version in Settings, below your Support ID. It will look something like "Version 722 + 464,0". The first number is your version number.

Thank you all, again, for reporting the issue and being patience as we fixed the issue!

Love,

The Episode Team

----------------------------------------------------

Hello Episodians!

Thank you all so much for reporting the issue with the debug menu, our team is hard at work fixing it. In the Create tab, in your Playable Stories, the debug menu has been replaced with some buttons that WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT PRESS. The buttons include “perform4R”, “Fetch From Portal” and “Alter Time”. Pressing these buttons can severely inhibit your game’s saved progress. Again, DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTONS (however tempting it might be ).

Thank you so much to those who have reported the issue! We appreciate your patience as we fix this issue.

Love,

The Episode Team
    Last edited by Trinady; 11-14-2017, 04:48 PM.

Can you atleast explain what these do in general besides "breaking saved progress"?

Comment

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      They will literally break your saved progress by deleting your saved game account. If you have already pressed the buttons we'll have to wait and see until the fix is released if your account information is okay.

Please remember to save your account information in your settings area!

Well it's a bit late for that warning... lol

Comment

Late yeah, I try them already as soon as they were out. But my story is still here. It’s not deleted. 😬 What story progress? 🤷🏽*♀️😞😭

Comment

• Trinady
        Trinady commented
        Editing a comment
        Not story progress, game progress. It will effect your saved game progress. This is related to your gems, passes, the number of stories read and your gained experience.

I'm still confused about what you mean by "break your saved game progress."
      Should I be saving all my scripts in a word document?

Comment

• EliseC
        EliseC commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm confused too. Do they mean our progress with reading stories? Or something to do with our own stories?

• zetti91
        zetti91 commented
        Editing a comment
        All your stories that you read you’ll lose the progress so for example if you’ve read 46 chapters of a story then it’ll be reset to 0 I assume.

• Trinady
        Trinady commented
        Editing a comment
        Clarified above: Not story progress, game progress. It will effect your saved game progress. This is related to your gems, passes, the number of stories read and your gained experience.

I wanna press them so bad now...

Comment

I'm in a state of slight panic DX Looks like everyone pressed them right when the update was available. I wish we would have gotten a warning before the update or right when it was released ;_;

Comment

• Trinady
          Trinady commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately, we weren't aware of the issue until it was reported to us! (I had only just updated this afternoon). We're working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I think I pressed just one, but I’m not sure, first or second. I got notice something about not being on portal and it can’t be done. 🤔
        My gems and passes are still here, and all my read stories. 😞

Comment

What about those who don’t read the forum and don’t know about it? 😬

Comment

• charlotteg
            charlotteg commented
            Editing a comment
            They are trying to spread the word on Instagram as well. 😬

Trinady a question, what are these buttons for?
          What can we do with the buttons, at least if the issues are fixed?
          For now I don't press those buttons.
          Last edited by EpisodeGirl25; 11-08-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

charlotteg there’s no warning on Instagram 🤔

Comment

• Beeble Hope
              Beeble Hope commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi! It's in the creators IG story and many people have reposted the story.

This isn’t related to this...
            But is the PPL font available now?

Comment

Hey Beeble Hope ...I’m following their IG account &episodecreators (Cass & Liz), but there’s nothing there.

I also follow &episode, but they haven’t posted this either.

Is there any other account?
              Last edited by CoraMae Jones; 11-09-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• charlotteg
                charlotteg commented
                Editing a comment
                Episodecreators posted it on their Instagram story. It might have disappeared by now. Evilrose.episode posted it on her story as well. 🤗

• Beeble Hope
                Beeble Hope commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi! @CoraMae Jones

It's still there in their IG story. I'll send you a screenshot cuz I can't upload it here.

I got another Episode update on my iPhone this morning and so I updated however the three buttons are still visible. I just wanted to let you know just in case that update was supposed to fix things!

Comment

• Trinady
                Trinady commented
                Editing a comment
                The update for this fix isn't out yet. We'll let you know! Thanks

@Bebble Hope thanks for sending me photo!

I understand now, that’s from 24hours stories. But I never read those. 😞

Comment

• Beeble Hope
                Beeble Hope commented
                Editing a comment
                No problem!
            Working...
            X