Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Universal Avatar is Here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Avatar is Here!

Hello Episodians!

The long awaited Limelight customization is here! We’re calling it the Universal Avatar. For this, two primary features going out:
    1. Ability to import your/your readers’ Profile avatar directly into the story.
    2. Ability to send you/your readers to the Avatar Creator for character customization (opposed to having to do it through the buttons, menus, and within the donacode).
    Note: This is used to import a reader’s Limelight profile avatar into the story.

“How do I use it?”

Fairly easily! With the below commands, you have the ability to import either the male or female avatar.

Donacode:

@CHARACTERNAME1 becomes female profile
    @CHARACTERNAME1 becomes male profile

For example, if the character is called ‘YOU’ and you want to import the reader’s female profile character the command would be:

@YOU becomes female profile

“What if I want to allow a character to be customizable?”

To send them to the Avatar Creator, the command below allows you to send the reader into the Avatar Creator to edit any avatar.

Donacode:

@CHARACTERNAME goes to character avatar

For example, the below command will take the reader to the avatar creator to customize the character YOU:

@YOU goes to character avatar

For the complete non-condensed instructions, please check out the directing guides (section 8.2 and 8.3 in beginners guide)! As always, if you have any issue with this feature, please let us know!

Love,

The Episode Team
    Last edited by Trinady; 11-14-2017, 05:38 PM.

The explanation really confused me, but this sounds cool!

Comment

• Trinady
      Trinady commented
      Editing a comment
      So instead of having strings of code for decisions and customization, you have a single line or two that will send them to the in-Profiles-Avatar Creator. If they don't want to let them customize, they can instead just insert the reader's Profiles avatar into the story.

It's pretty cool!

ahhh cool! I saw this in a story pretty recently and it looked really cool!

edit: I just realized I said cool twice but I'm not going to change it cause this new feature is still really cool.

Comment

Wow, this sounds awesome! Thanks for implementing this!

Comment

Welp, all those hours I worked on making all those limelight templates just went in the trash LMAO! This is an extremely easier way to customize characters which is totes awesome!

Comment

• CoraMae Jones
          CoraMae Jones commented
          Editing a comment
          No no no! We need your customization codes! 😧 Don’t you throw them away! I need them! 😮😱

• CoraMae Jones
          CoraMae Jones commented
          Editing a comment
          No no no! We need your customization codes! 😧 Don’t you throw them away! I need them! 😮😱 Even though I now learned how to make them, but it wouldn’t be without your help! And if they change them again, I’d again learn it from you. 🙁

• Dara Amarie
          Dara Amarie commented
          Editing a comment
          CoraMae Jones Aw thank you haha. Don't worry I won't throw them away They will always be there for people to use!

Thank you! 🙌🏽 This is soo much easier and takes less time; plus it won’t take up too many lines in the script either 👏🏽👏🏽

Comment

I love how much less code space this takes up. 😊

Comment

Yes, I saw this before in a story and I was so confused, but still!

Comment

Now I regret always using Ink for avatars...too late now...

Comment

• GiGi is Me
                GiGi is Me commented
                Editing a comment
                At least we know how Classic users felt when INK came out.

This sounds amazing!

But if there are multiple customizable characters (more than one female or male), how would that work? Or if you only want to make certain parts of the characters customizable? Sorry for all the questions. xD

Comment

• Trinady
                Trinady commented
                Editing a comment
                You can have multiple characters. It would be dependent on which code string you use. So you can have it be the default avatar ("female profile" or "male profile") and then you can also customize them. If you want to customize non-MC/YOU characters, then you would say "@CHARACTERNAME goes to character avatar".

Hope this helps!

You know what? I love you guys ❤️❤️😂

Comment

This is so amazing!!! Is there or will there be any way to make siblings or parents features the same as the character's customizations this way?? (like skin and hair color)

Comment

Wow, this is so cool! Thanks for making this!

Comment

This is great for the convenience! Unfortunately, I won't be able to use this at the moment as my templates include twins, younger versions, family members etc. Hopefully one day there will be a way to customise other characters automatically as I don't want to have to make a reader customise the same character three times lol.

Comment

• Mia_Tumblr
                      Mia_Tumblr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh yeah! How can the family have the same skin tone? 😫

• a.n.o.n.y.m.o.u.s
                      a.n.o.n.y.m.o.u.s commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just allow them to customize the family, with a code like this it’s not that hard...

• EliseC
                      EliseC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      a.n.o.n.y.m.o.u.s I never said it was hard. I just said that making someone customise the SAME CHARACTER 3 times (YOU, your twin, young you) is pointless and as a reader, I personally would hate having to customise all the characters that my current templates automatically create. (I'm talking about 20 characters or more all up, not just 3 or 4). I also can't have someone creating their twin and making a mistake since the two characters need to be identical. So even if the coding is easier, the actual application causes me more headaches so I'll be sticking to the templates for now.
                      I was one of the beta testers for this. I think the feature is great if you only want the main characters to change, but there are still limitations.

Originally posted by Dara Amarie View Post
                    Welp, all those hours I worked on making all those limelight templates just went in the trash LMAO! This is an extremely easier way to customize characters which is totes awesome!
                    Ooh, I'm sorry Dara. But if it means anything I used ur templates, and they were beautiful!

Comment

• Dara Amarie
                      Dara Amarie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you! <3
                  Working...
                  X