Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Heroes & Villains: The First Creator's Contest of 2018!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first, I felt that I wouldn't join because I don't have an idea. However, now I have the greatest idea for a villain/hero sci fi story!! I am soooo entering this

!!GOOD LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE ENTERING!!

Comment

• tingy
      tingy commented
      Editing a comment
      To you as well! Can't wait to read it! I'm entering too!

I'm definitely entering this, already got something planned out! haha, good luck to all other participants!

Comment

I'm entering I already started writing

Comment

Liz My main main character is not necessarily the "hero" or "villain", but I have a second main character that comes in later on in the story that may be considered as one. Would my story still be able to qualify for the contest?

Comment

• Zoe_Writes_Episodes
          Editing a comment
          I think that your story would qualify! Have fun creating!

I'm a huge fan of superheroes of all kind so my expectations are gonna be set really high for these stories. May enter if I manage to finish on time.

Comment

I have an idea of ​​a history in which there is a war and the characters would not be heroes directly, but would be people trying to save other people and stop the war. Would this story be valid?

Comment

• Zoe_Writes_Episodes
            Editing a comment
            vepisodev I’m sure it can in some way as long as there is a good and a bad lot of characters!

Liz If the story is about a person in a gang, would he be counted as a villain as he’s basically rude and evil?

Comment

Already finished two episodes! So I take it I’m taking part aparently Good luck all hope to see some amazing stories!!!

Comment

• Zoe_Writes_Episodes
            Editing a comment
            JAEatonstories I’ma fast writer throw me a message if ya need a hand

• JAEatonstories
            JAEatonstories commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the offer

I haven't decided if I'm going to enter for sure yet. The idea I have has turned out pretty complicated

• Zoe_Writes_Episodes
            Editing a comment
            Ok JAEatonstories, im sure if you do create an episode it will be epic! I'm always here if you need a hand or on instagram my username is Dragon_Girl_Games

I started writing today as well. I love the hero/villain idea! 👏 Chapter 1 is really coming along, i cant wait til i can publish it😀
          Last edited by Chida; 02-04-2018, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Could you write more than one story, but different story plots? I am extremely fast at writing stories, especially since this is three episode. Which will take me what like 10 days?

Comment

• Zoe_Writes_Episodes
              Editing a comment
              //Passion// I’m not sure it’s usually only one episode per competition but what about trying to write a longer episode?

• Entisar.episode
              Entisar.episode commented
              Editing a comment
              No, you can only submit one story for each contest. Choose the best idea and then develop it! Or, you can combine them somehow

• EliseC
              EliseC commented
              Editing a comment
              Three episodes are the minimum amount required to enter but you can write more than that if you want.

Can you remind me (and everyone else) how much of a popular song we can use in our stories without violating copy right??

Comment

• Zoe_Writes_Episodes
              Editing a comment
              Hi JessicaBegonia technically using any sort of copy righted music without permission from the original creators is a violation of use as far as I am aware. You might want to check with someone else to be sure!

• Entisar.episode
              Editing a comment
              "Songs and Brands
              One-time use of a very limited amount of song lyrics may be allowed. Characters may sing these or they can appear coming out of radios, etc.
              Passing references to brands are allowed. An example being: “I love Oreo cookies.”
              Brands cannot be a plot point or drive the story."
              That's what it says in the content guidelines but I am not sure of how many lines you can put

• catsharp53
              catsharp53 commented
              Editing a comment
              "Quotes song lyrics (more than 5 lines or the chorus)"

Taken directly from the "Are there potential TOS violations present?" portion of the grading rubric.

Hi! I hope you all are doing fine!! Does anyone know how to make video or a video trailer for your Episode story which can be posted on e.g. Instagram?

Comment

• Entisar.episode
              Editing a comment
              I've heard that action director is good, but I am not sure if it's available for iphones, but it is available for android for sure.

• DIVAINA
              DIVAINA commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you darling! Entisar.episode

• Entisar.episode
              Editing a comment
              You are always welcome!

I am entering!!! Already started writing

Comment

That moment when you got your plan for the story and 2 episodes written but don't know what the hell to title it as😭

Comment

• Chida
                Chida commented
                Editing a comment
                If u tell us what its about, maybe we could help u?

• CaramelLatte19
                CaramelLatte19 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Chida but I think I got the title that I'm happy with for right now.

• CaramelLatte19
                CaramelLatte19 commented
                Editing a comment
                And I'm back to square one cause I dunno #conflictions. I'm gonna list titles can you guys tell me what title would make you say "oh interesting let me at least read the pilot"

X marks the spot
                Dealing with Mr X
                Black Claw
                Fighting the Devil

Liz, If I had an unpublished story that I'd been working on prior to this contest's release, could I complete it & publish it as a contest entry?

Comment

Working...
              X