Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

We’re moving forums!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We’re moving forums!

Hello Episodians!

Good news - we’re updating our forums! Soon we will be packing up our things here at vBulletin, and moving to a brand new site! We’re super excited and hope you are too!

“What will happen to my current forum account?”

Nothing! The plan is to transfer your existing accounts over to the new forum. Potentially your post count and badges will reset, and you may need to update your password, but nothing else should change.

“What will the new forums look like?”

We’re glad you asked! They’re pretty, clean, bright, and easier to navigate.

Behold!

“What will happen to the current forums?”

We are cleaning house and starting fresh in the new forums. During the move, we will only be taking a small number of essential posts. If you have a post that you really like or think is important to transfer please comment with the link below or to save it somewhere for your personal use. If you want to save a post you should do so within the next two weeks.

We’re very sorry in advance for any trouble this causes.

One more important note… we are using the move as an opportunity to update the rules for the forums in general and to clarify what’s expected and allowed in each of the subforums. We’ll unveil these new rules when the new forums are available.

Please leave your comments and feedback below!

Love,

The Episode Team

**UPDATE**

Are you going to move the 1,000,000 Replies thread or ones like that?

We hear how much you all love the 1,000,000 replies thread, we love it too! Unfortunately, the thread is too large to be moved so we can't take it with us. Additionally, while the thread is impressive with its nearly 50,000 responses, the bulk of them are not related to Episode. We mentioned in the new post that we would be unveiling new rules for the new forums and some of these include stricter guidelines around posts needing to be more directly related to Episode or a specific topic. The bulk of the comments in this thread aren't in keeping with the new rules and so sadly, this thread cannot make the move.

When can we see the new forums?

Absolutely. We are opening the new forums up to everyone very soon! You'll be able to post, check out the layout and play around with some of the new features. More details to come soon! Please note - because we are still testing and finalizing the new forums, any accounts or posts that are made during testing may be lost once the site goes live!

What should we expect during the move?

The move to the new site should take only a few hours. You may not be able to load the site for a couple hours before it’s fully on its feet, but once that is over, you’ll be able to explore and log into your account.

Keep an eye out for forum move status updates on @episodecreators.

Can we start a new account or delete our existing one when the new forums are live?

Absolutely. If you want a username change or to delete your current account and start over with a new one, that is a option.

Will be still be able to access the old forums after the move?

We’re working on away to keep the old forums up for a little while after the move. More information to come before the move!

**UPDATE**

We've opened up our test forums! Please check it out here, and leave us some feedback here.

Thank you!

Last edited by Trinady; 02-17-2018, 10:58 AM.

I love the new look! Can't wait to move

Comment

Will people still have access to threads in these current forums after the move?

Comment

• Dara Amarie
        Dara Amarie commented
        Editing a comment
        Trinady But will this current site that we're on right now still be accessible and will we still be able to view old threads here? Or will you guys close/delete this one when we move to the new forums?

• Trinady
        Trinady commented
        Editing a comment
        We'll be adopting the same URL, so as far as we know this site will no longer be available.

• Mia_Tumblr
        Mia_Tumblr commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh dear... 😬

What about all the current RPs and SGs that have sign ups going? Will they be lost?

Comment

• Trinady
        Trinady commented
        Editing a comment
        Currently, it looks like they won't be able to be moved.

• Kittenlove
        Kittenlove commented
        Editing a comment
        Nooooooooooo!!

Wow! It looks nice!!

Comment

Oh no! Will there still be role playing?

can you please move some roleplays there?

Comment

• Trinady
          Trinady commented
          Editing a comment
          The RP subforum will still exist! But, currently, it looks like they won't be able to be moved.

NOOOO THE 1M REPLIES THRE ADgoDDAMNIT

Comment

• Purple Rose
          Purple Rose commented
          Editing a comment
          Omg I didn't even think of that! D:

• Cricket Master
          Cricket Master commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I thought of.

• PechaBerry
          PechaBerry commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes please

Will this site still be accessible after the move or will it be like ‘Error 401: URL not found’ or something’s like that?

Comment

• OronaR
          OronaR commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d like to know about this as well...

• OronaR
          OronaR commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh wait look at the reply to Dara’s query, that should answer it.

Ngl I'm actually pretty sad about this... I've made a lot of great memories here and the fact that they're all going to be deleted... I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

Comment

• EpisodeGirl5678
          EpisodeGirl5678 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same! This is the worst.

• Mia_Tumblr
          Mia_Tumblr commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel ur pain! Screenshot everything 😭😭😭😭😭😭

When will the site change happen??

Comment

• Mehek
          Mehek commented
          Editing a comment
          They wrote two weeks in the first post on this

• Kittenlove
          Kittenlove commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I didn't see that

Will our progress on our episode stories still be there like will they still be published

Comment

• Mehek
          Mehek commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Only the forums are being moved, the Episode app is remaining the same as always.

Will there be a delete button for all stories with this new update? Because currently am needing one ASAP

Comment

I’m actually kinda liking this idea...

why?

1.) I can make some new threads and help out some people!

2.) It will be easier for admins to clear out the forums if any unnecessary posts are posted!

3.) We can start new ideas and all that new ideas.
          4.) Inactive Threads would be removed, which is good to clear space out.
          Trinady Is there gonna be a subforum for Cover Art, Backgrounds, or any artwork topics?
          And also, are you guys gonna keep the Official Background Sharing Thread?

Comment

• Trinady
            Trinady commented
            Editing a comment
            We're organizing it so our creators have a place to collaborate under the Writer's Community!

Could you link the thread you're referring to (Official Background Sharing Thread)? I'll double check if it's been added!

The idea is pretty neat, but I just had one of my pitch review threads close, and I just created a new one, and now for this to be gone too...😭 I’d really appreciate it if you guys could save my Pitch It to Me thread since it’s a bit of a bother having to start new ones again and again with not much evidence of my past work.

http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...genres-welcome

Thank you

Not to mention the 1 million replies thread AND the ranting thread. We have really been working hard to get to that number, and we have a concrete forum fam on the ranting thread as well. It would really be appreciated if these threads were retained.

Let’s get to 1,000,000 replies: http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...eplys/page3221

The ranting thread:
          http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...-thread/page40

Thank you once again!

Comment

• Trinady
            Trinady commented
            Editing a comment
            I would recommend 100% to save that thread in a doc (google drive or word doc) so that you can keep with you and repost when the new forums are out! We're sorry for the trouble.

Currently, it looks like those won't be able to be moved.

• anime
            anime commented
            Editing a comment
            i appreciate this post so much!! i'd also love if those two threads were retained, but i'll do what Trinady has said and copy the ranting thread in a doc and just make a v2 ranting thread just in case
            Last edited by anime; 02-11-2018, 01:30 AM.

Can pretty much all of my threads be saved and moved to the new site? They are VERY helpful and useful.

Dara's HELP THREAD for Directing & Coding
          Multiple Character Customization Templates (INK & Limelight)
          A Guide to Animating Overlays
          HOW TO: "Fade" Characters
          How to Let Readers Type in Their Own Name
          A Guide to Over the Shoulder Shots

Comment

• Mia Turner
            Mia Turner commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes one of the main thing I hope are that these threads are saved because they have helped so many people so much!

• Trinady
            Trinady commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the links!

• CoraMae Jones
            CoraMae Jones commented
            Editing a comment
            First and only thought I had after reading this news: I don’t care what can and can’t be moved to new site, but Dara’s threads MUST BE MOVED! ❤️
        Working...
        X