Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Am I the only one who hated how Amber's dad treated Amber?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who hated how Amber's dad treated Amber?

I know no one posted this but get this out but.. I feel Amber's dad was a selfish prick. Like Amber didn't want to become a singer and actually want to become an assistant (correct me if i'm wrong since it's been awhile) but he just bluntly forces her and threatens MC that if Amber doesn't become a singer, he'll not invest in the Label, Like selfish much? I mean heck, when giving the choice to either put up Amber's or her ex's song (I forgot his name and literally trying to remember his name) I always chose the ex just to anger her dad even that's a bad ish choice for the story, but in the end I actually chose the ex to respect Amber since I feel Amber shouldn't be treated like that and get respect of her own career choice, and not be a Singer if that's not her fling.

I know! That clearly wrong to force somebody do what they don't want to do!

Comment

• AlysaThornton
      AlysaThornton commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, it was clearly so wrong in so many levels!

I totally agree with you! He should have thought about everyone else, not just his daughter...

Comment

• AlysaThornton
      AlysaThornton commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! Like seriously I was mad when he dragged MC into it and make it hard for both of them.

But Amber is an ADULT. She is around 19 years old. She should have stood up to her father from the get go.

Comment

• AlysaThornton
      AlysaThornton commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like Amber's the kind of girl who's kinda of afraid to speak of her opinion around her family members. There was a couple scenes where she just stands there, shyly scratching her arm around her father. Not until MC helped her get her confidence, so in a way I agree with you but Amber's probably hasn't actually spoke up before, making her dad seem controlling.

• Ensignia
      Ensignia commented
      Editing a comment
      Even after this happened, he didn't accept it at first, because he thought he knew what was best for her. Her father wasn't controlling, so much as he was misguided. He tried to give her what he wanted for her, and couldn't come to terms with the fact that music was HIS dream, not hers.

But that's the theme on this story. Having shy, defensless girls and being forced to do something you don't want to do

Comment

• Ensignia
      Ensignia commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the entire music/film industry.

I think that it represents the vulnerability that many people in the public eye, particularly young women, face. The fact that Amber didn't want to speak up is in many ways similar to the way that many young women who are sexually abused to not speak up for years. (I know that the two issues are hardly comparable, but the idea of being forced into a position you aren't happy in is the same.) It comes from both fear of what this person could do to you, and also fear of being looked down upon afterwards, which people should not have to go through
    Last edited by Ensignia; 11-06-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

If he loved her he wouldn't of forced her but then he thought it might of been the best for her. I understand why she didn't speak up as she's in the public eye and anything she does would be judged be everyone

Comment

What story is this? Seems juicy.

Comment

• AlysaThornton
          AlysaThornton commented
          Editing a comment
          Demi Lovato. It's one Episode's stories. I HIGHLY recommend!
      Working...
      X