Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you had different thoughts when you read them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you had different thoughts when you read them?

When they mentioned something like "Fans love your hit single, but they need to be wearing it " I was thinking, "Merchandise time!" I thought I was going to marketing my single on clothing, shoes, and perfumes. I was NOT expecting a music video. How can you wear a music video? SMH.

I remember a poster saying," When they said,"Hot new Protege, " I got excited because I thought it was going to be a new live interest because Alex was seriously getting on my nerves and I was ready to dump him!" Turns out the "Hot new Protege" Turned out to be Maria's annoying little brother, who was being brainwashed by her into sabatoging my career."

I thought, "I deserve this!" Meant I deserved Callie's calling me out on national TV for not answering her calls. I thought I was being mature and respinsible by choosing that choice. Turns out, "I deserve this!" Means I deserve the fame, which is NOT what I meant! Turns out basically EVERYONE thought that too and were angered that it meant I deserve the fame. Someone did say something like,"I KNEW "I deserve this!" meant fame because there is an exclamation point at the end as if you are yelling defensively, whereas a period at the end would have meant you actually humbly agreed you deserved to be called out.

After arguing with my BFF I said"You're right," meaning that I was telling her I was wrong and she was right. Apparently, I ended up telling her to move out. What? Not what I expected at all.

When Prissy barges in my dressing room without permission, to help me choose my outfit, I chose, "What do you think?" Meaning I actually wanted her to help me choose my outfit. Apparently, I tell her off for barging into the dressing room which is not what I wanted.

So, how about you guys?
    Last edited by Karice; 12-06-2017, 06:10 PM.

I think you might be skipping the bubbles too quick. Usually whatever they write is pretty obvious in the context it is said. I think prissy asked if she crossed the line or something so you can answer "What do you think?", which sounds angry. Instead of just reading the options and making up your own context, read what the characters are asking beforehand.

Comment

• Karice
      Karice commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point. I do tend to skip bubbles really quickly at times absentmindedly.

I agree with you about Callie - I also chose this answer, and it wasn't what I expected. Sometimes there's lack of the context or sense, even if you read everything carefully, though I think it's problem of most of the games with dialogue options

Comment

In my opinion, the choices don't have a true meaning to them anyways. I haven't read most of the Demi series in a year, and the only thing I remember about that scene is that all the choices were bad and for the most part, EXACTLY the same. I understand how easy it is to get mixed up, especially since the world flips upside down with everything negative the MC says, while everyone ignores the horrible things everyone else does.

Comment

Originally posted by GiGi is Me View Post
        In my opinion, the choices don't have a true meaning to them anyways. I haven't read most of the Demi series in a year, and the only thing I remember about that scene is that all the choices were bad and for the most part, EXACTLY the same. I understand how easy it is to get mixed up, especially since the world flips upside down with everything negative the MC says, while everyone ignores the horrible things everyone else does.
        I didn't like the chapter where MC has the SMART idea to LISTEN to her song before pressing "send," and BFF and her listen to like 10 seconds of the song and BFF is like,"It sounds GREAT! Press send! " IIRC, MC says something like, "Shouldn't we listen to the WHOLE song before blindly pressing " send,"? BFF is like, "No,no,no, we don't need to need to listen to the whole song. Trust me, it's great!" MC is like "Okay, you are right," and blindly presses send. I remember thinking, "I'll bet something bad is going to happen with the song. I didn't even listen to it all the way through before pressing send." And I was right. It was later mentioned that only the first few seconds sound great and then it turns into crap. I KNEW just listening to the first 10 seconds was a huge mistake! I wanted to listen to the whole song but MC let BFF brainwash her into pressing send without even listening to the whole song. I hated that!
        ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X