Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Different "Limelight" Style?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Different "Limelight" Style?

    I have a question I've been thinking about for a while. I don't know if this is stupid or not or if this has already been confirmed.

    When PLL came out (and INK was still the most recent style) I was so interested in the new style. When Limelight came out, that was apparently the style that was used. It had the hair and stuff, but it looked different. This style was also used in the Dolan Twins story and a few other stories.
    I was wondering..

    1. Is this considered Limelight or a whole new style?
    2. Will Episode release this to us (the public)? I would love to use this style as I prefer it more than the current Limelight style.

    Below is two pictures of the new style and 1 of Limelight. Which one do you prefer?
    Last edited by stronglcves; 02-12-2018, 10:55 AM.

  • #2
    Bump! As much as I love the new limelight style, the “old” limelight style looks pretty awesome too! Maybe they could merge it with the current limelight style even!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm pretty sure this will be kept an an episode exclusive thing, where only they use it or has access to it.

      Comment


      • stronglcves
        stronglcves commented
        Editing a comment
        They already have their exclusive style (Art style) for when they want their characters to be as realistic to their real self as possible. I'm not sure why they would need to keep this an exclusive thing.

    • #4
      That's true... It looks a bit similar to LimeLight, though so I'm guessing that if anything they'd switch LimeLight out for that. I doubt that they've created an entire new style just for featured stories, though... I think it's a mix of hidden features.

      Comment


      • #5
        Limelight is a revamped, cleaned up version of the PLL style, that's why they look the same but have obvious differences. I'm pretty sure Episode has no plans of releasing the PLL style, and it will only be used for the Pretty Little Liars and Falling for the Dolan Twins stories (since they started and came out before limelight was released). You could kind of say that the PLL style was pretty much a test style, and now that Limelight is out, Episode has no future use for the PLL style anymore.

        Comment


        • stronglcves
          stronglcves commented
          Editing a comment
          That sucks, I really like the PLL style.

      • #6
        Yes! Thank you! No one else but you and myself (as far as I’m aware) have pointed this out! I really REALLY want to use this style because I think it looks better than the new Limelight style. The boys look cuter too.

        If anyone from Episode reads this; please do consider releasing this “hidden” style! I brought this up once before and a few others seemed interested as well. The way the Limelight characters look now and the limited character customization turns a lot of people away from using the new style.

        Comment


        • #7
          Originally posted by Saffron M View Post
          Yes! Thank you! No one else but you and myself (as far as I’m aware) have pointed this out! I really REALLY want to use this style because I think it looks better than the new Limelight style. The boys look cuter too.

          If anyone from Episode reads this; please do consider releasing this “hidden” style! I brought this up once before and a few others seemed interested as well. The way the Limelight characters look now and the limited character customization turns a lot of people away from using the new style.
          ^^^^!!!!! i love this style and want to write in it. i like LL but this style is prettier and more put together imo

          Comment


          • #8
            I hate the old style, lol. There's no shading on the faces (unless it's like, the Dolan Twins or the PLL characters) so they look super flat and lifeless. I really like the new LL style, it's much more refined and detailed. The old one pretty much looks like an unfinished version of the current one we use now.
            Although there are some hairstyles in the old style that I would really like to be released.

            Comment


            • #9
              Hi.
              I'm an INK kind of girl myself. But to me what LL's lacking most is some good eyes. Especially for the guys. They're just to small and "beady" for my taste.
              And then there's the fact that I just can't look passed the walking/running animation. Makes me crack up every time I see it. Who squates before walking? ROFL

              For the old syle I'm with CaitlinRumble. Looks like an unfinished version of LL to me. But I like the clothes and some of the 'special' hairstyles.

              But every style has its perks and flaws, right... I doubt we'll ever get one that's liked by everyone.

              <3

              Comment


              • #10
                Originally posted by CaitlinRumble View Post
                I hate the old style, lol. There's no shading on the faces (unless it's like, the Dolan Twins or the PLL characters) so they look super flat and lifeless. I really like the new LL style, it's much more refined and detailed. The old one pretty much looks like an unfinished version of the current one we use now.
                Although there are some hairstyles in the old style that I would really like to be released.
                true! there's a bunch of outfits on that style that i've seen in stories that would look totally cute in the new LL style

                Comment


                • #11
                  I love the older LL style better and I'm sad that we can't use it!

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    I personally think the «old» limelight males look cuter. The «newer» Limelight males just look odd, with big, crooked noses and small eyes. They look like they’re wearing eyeliner, and it’s difficult to make them look cute.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by Saffron M View Post
                      I personally think the «old» limelight males look cuter. The «newer» Limelight males just look odd, with big, crooked noses and small eyes. They look like they’re wearing eyeliner, and it’s difficult to make them look cute.
                      Agree! There were a lot of complaints about the eyes, and I personally liked the old LL males more.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Limelight is much better, but PLL style had characters who actually looked different.
                        Limelight characters are like twins.

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          I like INK better than LL rn because INK animations are much more expressive and fun. You can see the differences between every animation clearly. But in LL it sometimes looks like the characters have some kind of Noh mask on that stiffens their facial expressions😐 it's not very dynamic, like the INK ones...

                          Comment


                          • m-d
                            m-d commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Me too! Limelight is actually kinda gorgeous to be honest, and their cloths are just OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD, but Ink's animations are waaay better! Not even talking about animations like run_fall that is really useful, tones of dances, and all the other running animations. It also has stuff like idle/talk_smoking, apply_lipstick (and a prop to that) and BUNCH of other stuff that just make Ink better!
                        Working...
                        X