Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Let's Talk About... My Teacher, my Gang Leader!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading these reviews - I'm glad it wasn't only me It was so cliche and basic. I have read so many amazing episode stories and this one didn't make it in... Now you may think, "if you hated it so much, why did you play it?" Well, if anyone has read "Tangled Love" (Btw, is that still getting updated) my first impression was, ugh! But as I read it I got slowly addicted! However, this story, not so much... Episode can do better, to be honest

Comment

It basically combined two overused VERY bad cliches.

Gangs... and teachers.

RELATIONSHIPS WITH TEACHERS ARE INAPPROPRIATE. I cannot stress this enough.

People are taking advantage of that to make a "cool" story? No thanks.

Gangs... I don't even want to start. People are SO uneducated about them. I mean, before I write a story, I like to do my little bit of research on the whole plot...

Gangs aren't made for story purposes, they are real-life situations that kill people, steal people's items, use guns, etc. The fact that it's a trend now? Yeah.. nope...

Comment

I just had to check out this train-wreck of a story after reading the title lol I just had a feeling it was going to be crappy. "My Teacher, My Gang Leader"?!?! Seriously??
        I couldn't finish after the second episode. The dialogue was clumsy, the MC is annoying/unlikable, and the plot seems so unrealistic!
        Why do I bother reading Featured Episode stories?

Comment

I only read featured stories for the gems, but at the moment, even that's messing up, so unless I actually enjoy it, I don't read them. Haven't earned a gem in days, no matter how many featured stories I read.

Comment

I just read that story as a comedy.

Comment

I really can't believe that this is written by episode authors, I mean really? she kicks the guy and he faints? then the guy takes her car, broke into her house, made himself comfortable and she totally had not reaction, bruh whaaaaaat? oh and I forgot you chose don't kiss him, after a while, how can I forget that kiss...
              Last edited by piyi; 12-30-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

He mentioned that he went to jail lol, I thought people who went to jail don't get jobs so easily, especially as teachers. I've read all the chapters because I was bored and I laughed so much, everything was so cringy.

Comment

• Mehek
                  Mehek commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can get a job if you've gone to jail- I have one teacher who literally actually was in a gang-infested school for most of his life (though he never joined one as far as we know) and he ended up in jail over a misunderstanding for a few years, and just last year, he got nominated for a major national award.

It's not easy or realistic and background checks will be a LOT more intensive, but it is possible.

• Cosyd
                  Cosyd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mehek but from what you said, it was an accident? Alena I see what you're saying

• Mehek
                  Mehek commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cosyd jail time shows as jail time still, no matter the story behind it- he's told us it's really luck and hella skills that got him the job he has and few other schools would've hired him

It wasn't the worst story, but I noticed that even when I didn't do an action with a character, in another scene it would say I did it, or that my character did it.

For example: In the beginning, my character did not make out with the teacher, but in another scene it said she did?
                Towards the end when the brother is laying on her lap, he is going to say something but doesn't actually say it (because I didn't pay for the gems to do CPR) and at the hospital he says he told her he loves her?

It was weird.
                I don't even remember how the story ended.

@stronglcves this is kinda proof that episode does not listen to their readers completely. How many complaints have we had about these problematic story lines... and then the authors of the app go ahead and just continue making them.
                Last edited by LisaRose93; 12-30-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

If someone tells me they've read a story called 'My Teacher, My Gangster' I'm going to assume they have read a satirical work.

Comment

• EliseC
                    EliseC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There were moments in the story where I legitimately thought it was a parody.

• Lum
                    Lum commented
                    Editing a comment
                    EliseC Yes. I feel that the plot of this story didn't allow the author to write as well as she usually does and it limited her. Episode sometimes gives indications to paid writters on how to write their featured stories. She wrote the Demi Lovato: Path to Fame and part of Mean Girls, and both of them are MUCH better than this teacher story.
                    Last edited by Lum; 12-31-2017, 03:11 PM.

A Brief Summary of the First Chapter.

Best Friend: *calls the MC* Oh, I hope you're okay! [talks about the how the MC's tragic past because that's easier than actual character development or letting the story flow naturally]
                  MC: *customizes herself*
                  Best Friend: [insert joke]

[Three seconds later...]

*The MC finds a fight between an Attractive Man and other two men*
                  Bad men: I'm going to kill you
                  MC: No. *effortlessly fights against the two Bad Men even though they clearly have more experience on this type of inconvenients and they start agonizing*
                  *MC steals a red car*
                  Attractive Man: Can I go here, too? Even though I can be dangerous, because as you could see I was fighting against two equally dangerous men who threatened against my life. In fact, I could murder you since you are a witness of the illegal activities I'm involved with.
                  MC: Yeah, you can come too
                  *MC has the option of making out with Attractive Man*
                  Attractive Man: Bye *steals red car*

[The next day]

Gay Best Friend: I'm here talking about my ex boyfriend with no context of the conversation because the Episode team wants to avoid actual LGBT representation. Also, I'm Asian.
                  Best Friend: Yeah. Also, it's obvious I'm a PoC simply to distract the audience from realizing that a 99% of female protagonists on featured stories are white and there is no real diversity on this app, despite that ads on Tumblr show diverse characters, including homosexual couples and characters from various ethnicities and races. Btw, is that a new hot teacher?
                  MC: Is that........ MY TEACHER, MY GANG LEADER?

Comment

• Cosyd
                    Cosyd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol SO TRUE

• SZA
                    SZA commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wish I saw this before wasting my time reading that chapter lol

Sorry for bringing up the topic again, but I'm at the chapter with the flying cup of tea, and I kinda like the shade with Episode's obsession with bad boys. Otherwise though, the story seems to still play the plot straight.

Comment

• CaitlinRumble
                    CaitlinRumble commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I really want to know what you’re talking about, but I also don’t want to give this story the reader retention it would get if I read anymore chapters...

• ParkLow G.
                    ParkLow G. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It was around the 5th or 6th chapter. MC and Casey (best friend) were hanging in parking lot and Casey wanted to get together with Jeremy, Chris's brother and another gang member. IDK, I chose to promise to introduce her to him. Anyways, she expressed how hot 'bad boys' are (he in question has a motorcycle) and MC broke the 4th wall with like 'so does the rest of Episode' and cue flying teacup. Another poster said the same thing.

• CaitlinRumble
                    CaitlinRumble commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay, that is pretty funny😂
                    That’s for taking the time to explain to me🙂

I'm not gonna lie

this is the WORST episode I've ever tried or done

Comment

• Entisar.episode
                    Entisar.episode commented
                    Editing a comment
                    have you read Mr Popular and I? That story was way worse. Period.

Episode be like :

Drake 02022018153122.jpg

Comment

• SZA
                    SZA commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Omg!! I am crying!! Lol

• CaitlinRumble
                    CaitlinRumble commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is the greatest photo comment of all time. Hotline Bling will never stop being relevant.

Originally posted by Lum View Post
                  A Brief Summary of the First Chapter.

Best Friend: *calls the MC* Oh, I hope you're okay! [talks about the how the MC's tragic past because that's easier than actual character development or letting the story flow naturally]
                  MC: *customizes herself*
                  Best Friend: [insert joke]

[Three seconds later...]

*The MC finds a fight between an Attractive Man and other two men*
                  Bad men: I'm going to kill you
                  MC: No. *effortlessly fights against the two Bad Men even though they clearly have more experience on this type of inconvenients and they start agonizing*
                  *MC steals a red car*
                  Attractive Man: Can I go here, too? Even though I can be dangerous, because as you could see I was fighting against two equally dangerous men who threatened against my life. In fact, I could murder you since you are a witness of the illegal activities I'm involved with.
                  MC: Yeah, you can come too
                  *MC has the option of making out with Attractive Man*
                  Attractive Man: Bye *steals red car*

[The next day]

Gay Best Friend: I'm here talking about my ex boyfriend with no context of the conversation because the Episode team wants to avoid actual LGBT representation. Also, I'm Asian.
                  Best Friend: Yeah. Also, it's obvious I'm a PoC simply to distract the audience from realizing that a 99% of female protagonists on featured stories are white and there is no real diversity on this app, despite that ads on Tumblr show diverse characters, including homosexual couples and characters from various ethnicities and races. Btw, is that a new hot teacher?
                  MC: Is that........ MY TEACHER, MY GANG LEADER?
                  im cruing this is so... true

Comment

decided to torture myself with this "story" today (which, let's be real, is less of a story and more like a twelve year old's diary book where she writes all of her most weird and nonsensical ideas in) and.. wow. that was something.

i'll be real, i only did one episode. can't be bothered to spent keys on another, because of how... nothing it is.

we start off with our character apparently having been gone for a year (probably so she's nineteen and not an even creeper eighteen) because her father died (i think? i don't remember stories that aren't worth anything other than a momentary read) and our "best friend" apparently covered for us. which, is probably the most and only realistic part of this story because after the phone call it goes from "okay" idea to "what? why?" idea.

hot guy is getting beat up, and he's extremely cocky. right off the bat, it's obvious he's going to be that overdone "i'm bad but i'm also good and witty" cliche rather than anything interesting. they're threatening him and he's just being like "lol i'm cute sorry" like dude?? your life's at risk? you doing okay? anyways, apparently our character can fight to the tens because she just.. ends everything and it's like.. okay? why can she fight two likely gang members? and then she.. steals a car? i really don't know. how did she start the car, first of all. how did she have time to learn how to hotwire this car? did the hot guy do it? was there someone dumb enough to leave the cars in there? and like, whose car even is this? why would anyone leave a lambo-looking car, doors unlocked apparently, ready to be stolen?

so then we take the hot guy home. and we fall in love. like, just like that. which, really, no, that's not how love works. that's never how love works. miss thing is in lust with him and apparently that's love to her. okay, whatever. apparently out dad was a cop (WHY DID WE STEAL A CAR?? DID HE NOT TEACH US MORALS?) and then blah blah hot guys witty blah blah who cares. get options to kiss him and kiss him and take him into our house (!!!???? stranger danger girl) which i didn't go through with because... no. we GIVE him the car that we STOLE instead of TAKING it BACK to where it was before and now he's got a STOLEN car which means he's PROBABLY going to get arrested eventually or at least we are getting arrested because we're an idiot apparently.

now we go to school. we get the token LGBT character (which i'd be here for, especially since he's a femme gay like i am) but he's pretty much a side piece for this straight girl's fantasy so.. no go. and then the bombshell about the teacher being the hot guy and woooooaaah here comes the creepy teacher-student relationship.

how did episode think this story was a good idea? why did they think it was a good idea? do we need to check up on them?

Comment

Working...
                    X