Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Is this a stupid question?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a stupid question?????

This may sound completely idiotic, but should I thank someone after every use of a background or overlay?

What I mean is, if I get say a living room or a kitchen background from someone (or something else I will use multiple times) do I thank the person who gave it to me after every use of it or only after the first?

Help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Moved this to Episode Fan Community as it's an Episode-specific topic. Carry on! ✌️

Comment

I usually do it once and at the end of the story like "quick shoutout to so and so for the background"
      some people I've seen do it every time so I think it's up to personal preference.

Comment

• MissSarahG1
        MissSarahG1 commented
        Editing a comment
        What I've been doing is saying thank you at the end of the first chapter of the first use of a background and then not again after that, do you think that's ok?

• Gimere
        Gimere commented
        Editing a comment
        That's how I handle it, so it should be fine.

• CaramelLatte19
        CaramelLatte19 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that sounds good enough.

I haven't had someone to create a background for me yet, however once you thank the person once I think that's good enough.

Comment

I've seen a lot of authors use the little pop-up menu (forgot what it was called) to credit the artist.

Comment

• Gimere
          Gimere commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the Reader Message.

I usually put it at the end as credits. Every episode that I use that background/overlay, I'll mention the artist's IG, but won't specifically state what BG/overlay it was. So just a general "Credit to x, y and z for various backgrounds and overlays". I use so many backgrounds and overlays from different people that it would be annoying to have a reader message pop up every time lol.

Comment

I just have a big massive message with credits at the end of each chapter.

Comment

Working...
          X