Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

What is your FAVORITE User Story??

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your FAVORITE User Story??

We're doing our best to curate a list of the best stories out there and find better ways to share them with everyone, since we realize that some really good stories from up-and-coming authors can have a hard time making it to the top of the Trending list.

Let us know in the comments below what your favorites are, whether they're stories that have been around a while or new ones that you think deserve a little love

Oh, yay! This sounds like an absolutely great idea.

My personal favorite is Black Absinthe by Kay Elle. Great plot, great character development, great grammar and spelling, the works. And it's certainly unique from other stories I've read on the platform. It's been around for a few months now, but I definitely feel like it deserves a bit more recognition.
    Last edited by Caylie Moore; 03-08-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• lacey_
      lacey_ commented
      Editing a comment
      [Post Deleted - Please do not spam your story. We have a section of the forum for you to share your stories] - JB
      Last edited by Jeremy; 09-18-2016, 05:23 AM.

I think mystery and horror are very unrepresented even in the featured section, where my favorite story is Hunted. My favorites have been in those categories. Campfire is an amazing mystery story, and Don't Sleep is an awesome horror story. I am picky with what I read because I want something different. Black Absinthe is great too as said above.

Comment

• Jade I.
      Jade I. commented
      Editing a comment
      This means a lot! Thank you for mentioning my horror, dear

• rain_is_wet
      rain_is_wet commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg I love Campfire!! 😂😂

• littlekaracan
      littlekaracan commented
      Editing a comment
      I absolutely LOVE 'Hunted'. It was the first story I read and enjoyed.

I absolutley love Escape from Otherland, By Bee Zez, the plot is just so unique and well thought out, so different from everything else currently trending on Episode! Grammar, Spelling, Characters, everything is flawless!

Comment

I am SO happy that this is being done! Thank you so much for creating this thread and soliciting our opinions on stories that are our favorites (either long-time favorites or unappreciated gems), which gives us a chance to allow stories that are less read to be recognized!

My favorite story overall was a tough decision -- but ultimately it has to be "World on a String" by R.A. Ross. It is a unique and mind-blowing Sci-Fi / Romance / Thriller story that has an amazing plot(s), incredibly well-developed characters, and crazy plot twists. The directing is flawless! Best of all, your choices truly matter and can mean the difference between life and death. This story has made me sob and scream with joy -- I just can't express how amazing this story is. When I first read it after finishing the tenth episode, I couldn't stop thinking about the story... I had that empty feeling for days It's just... wow.

Other stories that I love, which are incredibly unique and amazing stories! It's hard to organize them by genre, because the stories I enjoy have a mixture of many genres.

"Colorless Reality" by Vik B. >>> Fantasy / Romance / Thriller
      "The Vanishing Act" by Ash B. >>> Fantasy / Mystery / Romance / Drama / Comedy
      "Dollhouse" by Rachellydia >>> Mystery / Thriller / Romance
      "Vigilantes" by Layla Vex >>> Action / Drama / Romance / Thriller
      "The Day I Died" by Skyler B. >>> Drama / Historical Tragedy / Romance
      "Experiment Earth" by Vic B. >>> Sci-Fi / Romance
      The "EvarCrine" Series by Aisha A. >>> Fantasy
      "Bewitched" by Miss Piranha >>> Romance/Fantasy
      "The Unknown" by Hannah R >>> Thriller / Drama
      "Strange Fruit" by Kay Elle >>> Romance (I also enjoy the other two stories by this author: "Soldius: Unity" and "Black Absinthe")
      "Don't Sleep" by Jade Iredale >>> Horror / Mystery
      "Hate That Boyband" by Aisha A. >>> Drama / Romance
      "Enslaved" by Mary Galvan >>> Thriller / Drama / Romance
      "A World Without Men" by Mary Galvan >>> Drama / Romance / Thriller
      "Remirus Academy" by Miss Piranha >>> Fantasy / Romance
      "The Old Maid Adventures" by Jade Iredale >>> Comedy
      "Campfire" by Beth C. >>> Mystery
      "Home" by Ryan B. >>> Drama
      "One Story Too Many" by Miss Molly >>> Drama / Romance
      "String Me Along" by R.A. Ross >>> Romance / Drama

I noticed a similar poll on Instagram, and I hope it is recognized that the responders to the Instagram poll are basically aligned with the Trending Section, so their opinion would induce relatively little change to the status quo. Indeed, I think most of the Instagram populace hardly scratches the surface beyond the top 10, and so their opinions of favorite User Stories does not reflect anything different than the trending section. Curious to see what comes out of recommendations made in this thread by forumers that have relatively higher standards for quality stories.

Thanks again for doing this! Can't wait to see what comes out of it... and OMG FORUMERS LET'S SHOW EPISODE WHAT OUR GEMS ARE! C'mon... step it up!

Gen

Comment

• MaryGalvan
        MaryGalvan commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG GEN THANK YOU! You're too sweet!

• qwerinc
        qwerinc commented
        Editing a comment
        Gen! Personally my favorite story is Dripping Mascara And to everyone else, PLEASE read DripMas because it's hands down the best story on Episode! Gen is the most eloquent, heartfelt, talented and committed writer ever!

• Candy Sugar
        Candy Sugar commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi can anyone help me please? I'm looking for story that i forgot the title and gone from my shelf. If anyone recognize this tell me the title please *note: the name was not customize so it come from the story except the player that we play"
        the story is about there's girl who broke because of her boyfriend trick her she worked 2 jobs as flower girl and bar, one day there's guy named "Alex" who buy flower from her and met her again at the bar so he wants to help her financial by gave 5k just for talk.
        there are other character name: Vincent(Alex's father), Levi(Alex's mother), and Lydia(Alex's ex)
        Please help

Too many to choose from x3 My second story should be coming out today or tommorow tho, personally not as good as thoses one Gen listed above (and her stories are amazing *-*)

Comment

• GenevieveM
        GenevieveM commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw!! Good luck with your story!!

Originally posted by Wolf Dancer View Post
      Too many to choose from x3 My second story should be coming out today or tommorow tho, personally not as good as thoses one Gen listed above (and her stories are amazing *-*)
      What's it called so I can look out for it? I'm sure it's great along with your first story!

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaTee View Post

What's it called so I can look out for it? I'm sure it's great along with your first story!
        It's called Living With Empty Minds xP

Comment

• AngelCries19
          AngelCries19 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi! Please check out my stories - Descendents, Descendents: Rogue and Odd Girl - leave me comments on what you think?!
          I'll check out your story and do the same for you if you like?!

Thank you!! xox

Christine thank you so much for listening to our frustrations and working on improving things! It's really appreciated.

Thank you GenevieveM for that glowing review. Lol

Omg I typed out an entire list of stories and it didn't save. I guess I'll try again. 😞

Comment

One more time....

Most of these have already been mentioned, but I'm guessing that you're looking for the stories that are repeated, so here we go...

"The Vanishing Act" by Ash B. Been around awhile and is extremely underrated. Needs lots and lots of love.

"Colorless Reality" by Vik B. Been around awhile. The Episode team needs to check it out because of the amazing spot directing.

"Valentine's Day: Matchmaker" by Layla Vex. Fairly new.

"Dripping Mascara" by Genevieve M. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how long it's been around.

"A World without Men" by Mary Galvan. Been around in the trending section for awhile.

"Strange Fruit" by Kay Elle. Anything by Kay Elle. Kay Elle is an up and coming author that needs to be checked out ASAP.

"The Crumbling Masquerade" by Ms. Ahblingada. The characters and plot twists are amazing. Fairly new.

"Cliche Love" by Maria PWD. Brand new.

"Don't Sleep!" by Jade Iredale. Been around awhile.

"Vigilantes" by Layla Vex. Been around awhile.

"Rocket Science" by Katie S. Been around awhile.

"The B-Team" by MeMyselfandI. A well used Spotlight story. Been around a few months.

"Venomous" by Hannah D. Been around for a few months.

I'm sure I've forgotten some, but it's a start.

Comment

• GenevieveM
            GenevieveM commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Ross!!! I really need to get started on some of those other stories you listed!

• Jade I.
            Jade I. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much Ross for mentioning my horror!

• MaryGalvan
            MaryGalvan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the shout-out!

Originally posted by Wolf Dancer View Post
          It's called Living With Empty Minds xP
          I will most definitely look out for it!

Comment

I agree with mirrormirror, Campfire and Don't Sleep are some of the best user stories. Mystery/horror doesn't get enough love from people on the app.

Comment

Hmmmmmm....

I would have to say my favorite stories are:

"The Bet" and it's sequel "The Dare" by B.H.
              I love it! It's so cute, funny, and real life all at the same time! The sequel is fairly new, but the first one has been around for a while.

"Dripping Mascara" by Genevieve M.
              It. Is. So. Beautiful! You'll go through like 700 different emotions while reading it. And you might get really attached to the characters, and have a strong urge to slap A CERTAIN character in the face. (I'm not saying who.)
              It's been around for a while.

"The Old Maid Adventures" by Jade Iredale
              It's hilarious. And Suela really knows how to shake to da lemon pledge XD
              Also been around for a while.

And finally....

"Love's Finest" by Jaella F.
              It's cute, with a bit of "I will slap the shit outta you if you get on my nerves." XD And I totes ship Jattie! (Read to find out)
              I honestly don't know how long it's been around...

Alright I'm done!
              I mean, I have more, but the list would go on FOREVER.

Comment

• GenevieveM
                GenevieveM commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks so much for the glowing review, Atlanta!! This is so sweet, and I'm really touched that you are so invested in my story!! and OMG whoooo?! LOL I want to know!!

Personally, I am wary of one of those stories you listed because I've seen screenshots that show very graphic sexual scenes -- but that's just me I guess? Regardless, thank you so much for enjoying my story and listing it among your favorites!
                Last edited by GenevieveM; 03-13-2016, 09:54 AM.

• Jade I.
                Jade I. commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you so much so much for enjoying my comedy, dear!

I also agree with what Gen said above.

Currently, I'm just loving The B-Team, ANON and Hitchcock and Lynch: The L Case.

Comment

R.Ross and GenevieveM thank you so much for mentioning my story!!

Some of my favorite stories are:
                • Don't Sleep by Jade Iredale (Horror/Thriller)
                • Rocket Science by Katie S. (Comedy/Romance/Adventure/Sci-fi)
                • Vigilantes by Layla Vex (Action/Mystery/Thriller) and Matchmaker, Matchmaker (Romance/Fantasy) also by Layla Vex
                • World on a String by R.Ross (Adventure/Romance/Sci-fi) and String me Along (Romance) also by R.Ross
                • The Vanishing Act by Ash B. (Fantasy/Mystery/Romance)
                • The Lost Bow by A.R,Stone (Fantasy/Adventure)
                • The B-Team by MeMyselfandI (Comedy)
                • Family Affairs by Aurizle (Mystery/Thriller/Romance)
                • Black Absinthe by Kay Elle (Thriller) Also by Kay Elle: Strange Fruit (Romance/Comedy) and Solidus:Unity (Fantasy/Adventure)
                • A world without men by Mary G. (Action/Adventure)
                • Through the Lens by Arielle Carson (Drama/Romance)
                • Dripping Mascara by Genevieve M. (Romance/Fantasy)
                • The day I died by Skyler B. (Drama)
                • Cliche Love by Maria PWD (Comedy/Romance)
                • Dear Diary, I Killed Someone by Raven (Comedy/Romance/Drama)
                • Will you bleed, My Valentine's by Pseudoname (Horror/Thriller/Comedy)
                Last edited by Vik Blot; 03-10-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• MaryGalvan
                  MaryGalvan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for commenting my story!

• Episode.author50
                  Episode.author50 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Woo woo! I can finally comment on each comment to personally thank people for mentioning my story! And you're my first. XD
                  Thank you for mentioning my stories!

Now on to the others. This might take awhile. Hehe

• A.R.stone
                  A.R.stone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so much for mentioning The Lost Bow!
              Working...
              X