Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

App Suggestion: Age/Age Limit Option/Rating.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App Suggestion: Age/Age Limit Option/Rating.

(THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO HARM OR OFFEND ANYONE)
    Hello, everyone! I'm sorry in advance if this topic has been spoken on. I know that many episodians in the community are very concerned about guidelines and tend to get stressed over them. A way to fix this? Maybe the episode team could do an age question or make it so authors can set their story to users only being able to read them if they're a certain age or having the option to rate their stories (Ex:R, E,PG-13). I know this could be problematic because some people lie about their age (not judging), but It'd be good for people to read stories/write about very serious experiences.Now, I know you're probably thinking that people will break the guidelines among these changes.Although, this would be a great addition for the writers who want to suggest the everyday problems in life.Such as rape, abuse, and racism (not abuse these topics). There is no way to get across the 50,000+ stories that could possibly break guidelines. Anyways, the reader would be at fault for lying about their age and or stepping out of their comfort zones to read stories that might suggest something they might not like (this doesn't include someone reporting someone actually breaking a guideline). I think the setting the rating part would be best because we don't want our younger readers reading things that might change their point of view on life or how they handle situations. Even if the episode team adds the age question there could be a warning to go with it if they're reading a story with a rating that isn't suited for their age group. If you're reading this, thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Eleanor2468; 06-05-2017, 02:01 PM.

This Post Doesn't Pertain To Anyone That Would Like To Go Into Bad Or Gory Details About Any Of The Topics Listed Or Not Above. Specifically For Authors That Mean Well And Don't Want To Harm Others.

Comment

Aww yes, I agree to this! That way there might be less reporting as well!

Comment

• Eleanor2468
        Eleanor2468 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank You <3

The only thing that offends me is the excessive use of capital letters when not needed, lol. I'll be escalating this one now. Thanks for the input.

Comment

• Eleanor2468
        Eleanor2468 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, ill fix them now, lol.

Support!!! Like the first post!!

Comment

I wish I saw your post earlier, I just posted the same thing yesterday! I think every chapter on Episode should be reviewed by Episode and rated.

My suggestions:

G = Suitable for everyone

Y7= Suitable for kids over the age of 7

MA= Mature Audiences only

Or at least have D, L, S, V, FV on the top left corner of the title page (Suggestive Dialoge, Crude Language, Sensuality, Violence, and Fantasy Violence)

Comment

• Eleanor2468
          Eleanor2468 commented
          Editing a comment
          I Love These Ideas!

• Anirra_K
          Anirra_K commented
          Editing a comment
          I like your spin on things! Everybody show support so Episode makes the change!!!!

• Steph Patrick
          Steph Patrick commented
          Editing a comment
          JasmineGirl101 THE RATING LIST YOU GAVE IS PEEEERRRRFECT! Easy to understand!

Support! This could help a lot!

Comment

Support!! Love the idea!

Comment

Eleanor2468 The problem isn't having a warning in the beginning of a story. But episodes has a warning already screen for us to use. The problem lies with the team and the readers the E.T (Episode Team) hold double standers as far as it goes with having mature an adult content When it's one of their stories it's 100% ok to have sex and gang violence but when an everyday writer does it then its a problem. My advice is to lead by example. If you're going to say we can't have an adult situation on a story then also show that with your stories.
            With kids reading mature stories on the app they obviously know there reading something that they shouldn't and if the writer puts a mature read sign in the beginning then its all on them. They know they shouldn't be reading it. And the blame shouldn't be on the person who wrote it if they secured their bases.

The another thing they could do I us the tag bar we have on the portal to use a rating seeting this will work since I never use it because I don't know what it's for. But hey could turn it into a drop down menu and have us select rating... That would be my peace to it all.

Comment

• Eleanor2468
              Eleanor2468 commented
              Editing a comment
              I Know, But This Would Make It So We Wouldn't Have To Go By The Guidelines For Some Of The Things Because We Have Ratings.

• Steph Patrick
              Steph Patrick commented
              Editing a comment
              The guidelines do not need to be changed! There is PLENTY of stories that have used enough loopholes in the guidelines to create some very...er...
              "unwholesome" stories. The ratings should be used for CURRENT guidelines... not as a way to push them further. An overall rating and checklist of contents explaining that rating would be superrrrr

Bumpinggggg :]

Comment

Support!!!!

Comment

Support!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Support!!!

Comment

support!!!!!

Comment

This is a great idea, you definitely have my support!

Comment

Working...
                      X