Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having a Anti-Bot System on Forums/ Episode!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a Anti-Bot System on Forums/ Episode!

You can't go a minute without seeing a bot or two spamming in the forums section. Especially in General Chat. The would have names like "sdfgjdsghosdgjhskdgh" then make post like: What's Your Favorite Food? Tacos or" so people would click on it wanting to know what happens afterwards, and it takes you to some link....

Here's how this would work:

Option One:
    Episode would have a question showing an art style (let's say Limelight), and ask what the name of it is. If they guess wrong, they can't get in.

Option Two:
    They'd make us read some wavy letters, and type what it says.
    Option Three:
    Make us watch a video, and get the message at the end.

Hmmm, so in other word's, "enable captcha". Will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Wow these options wouldbe really cool if we had them

Comment

• DaAphmau =D
        DaAphmau =D commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with Zerda.episode. This would be really cool! Maybe a little bit annoying, but cool! Support!

• GiGi is Me
        GiGi is Me commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^
        That's true... But at least we wouldn't have to see those annoying spams anymore!

S u p p o r t !

Comment

Just a note to everyone here. Spam is common on 98% of message boards and forums on the internet. We will continue to keep looking into the best ways to try to combat it. Thanks again.
        Last edited by Jeremy; 10-13-2017, 05:17 AM.

Comment

This is an interesting suggestion; I agree!

Comment

Supppooorrrrttttt!

Comment

S-u-p-p-o-r-t!
              Even if it's something as simple as watching a video with a phrase in it, it would be good to have some anti-bot measures here.

Comment

Bump!!!!!!

Comment

SUPPORT
                  We need this!

Comment

Support!!!!

Comment

Chiming in on what Jeremy said, this is unfortunately very common on forums and on the internet in general. I can't begin to tell you how many spam bots I've seen on other sites, such as Tumblr, Twitter, and various gaming forums I frequent. We do our very best to catch bots and appreciate members submitting reports for those we might miss whenever we're not online. As a suggestion, please submit reports rather than interact with these spam bots and by no means should you call numbers they post or click on any links they provide.

We'll definitely look into the suggestion provided, but until then, let's all work to show these spam bots who's boss!

Comment

Working...
                      X