Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANIMATION: American Sign Language

ANIMATION: American Sign Language

As a high school student, I have been given the chance to take ASL (American Sign Language) and my World Language. Also, I have been on Episode for years, and now find it a little strange when there are “deaf” characters, yet no signs as an interaction. Don’t take me wrong, that would take a hella long time to code and such. Its just, there are many members of the deaf community, and I feel it would add more diversity to Episode.

Even if it is simple ones such as:
    ASL_THANKYOU
    ASL_NO
    ASL_YES
    ASL_SAD
    ASL_HAPPY

Hey hey, these examples are kinda sucky, but I still firmly believe it can bring so much more diversity. It would be great to have a character who is deaf, and we could see them sign just a little bit. It would honestly rock my world.
    American Sign Language is such an awesome, fantabulous language, for your information. I would 11/10 recommend it as a high school or college course. Love learning all about it.
    Hope this isn’t asking for too much. This just popped into my head and I said, “I must write this down somewhere”
    Have a fabulous day!
    Last edited by SnowflakeCookie; 01-11-2018, 09:57 PM.

Like you said, it would take a heckuva lot of work to code, but the idea does sound really interesting. I'm all about encouraging more diversity in these stories, diversities of all kinds.

Comment

I totally support this! I've been working on a story that includes a deaf and a mute character who are supposed to interact in sign language but it's so hard to find non-speaking animations that could somewhat pass for sign language. I would love it if Episode added some ASL animations.

Comment

S u p p o r t !

Comment

Aww, I was just about to suggest this!
          What a great idea!

Comment

Sooo support!! 💖.

Comment

Hey, would you be requesting this for LL or INK? I'm wondering because I'd like to add this into my thread for LL Suggestions!

Comment

• SnowflakeCookie
                SnowflakeCookie commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess LL, because that is what they will be continuing with in the future?

Bump (10!)

Comment

Working...
              X