Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

FEATURE: A 'Random' Button to Create Characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEATURE: A 'Random' Button to Create Characters

Hey,

As much as I like to choose the looks of my main character and other important characters, I must admit it gets boring when you have to make large groups, like school classes.
    I would really like a button on the Character screen which randomly assigns hair, face, and skin tone (perhaps even a name, so you have script name CLASSMATE1 and a random screen name) to the character. Random outfits would also be great (so that it changes the CLASSMATE1_default every time), or maybe this can be apart in the Outfit section.

I know there are the basic characters that you could use if you don't feel like creating your own, but I don't want to use the characters everybody uses. Besides, a bit more variation would be nice for different situations.

I really hope you could consider doing this!

Yeah, sounds good. Maybe one where you don't even have to create a character. Like default characters, like the narrator. Even if there is a randomization button, it would get annoying having to add a NEW CHARACTER every time. Default characters, that you don't have to create.

Comment

Yeah that would be cool

Comment

This sounds like an awesome idea, especially when you have large groups of background people.

Comment

I agree! !

Comment

Absolutely agreed! I think it would be really useful so all the girls won't look too beautiful and the boys don't look all charming! It'll look more realistic that way.

Comment

I agree! It's very time-consuming to create a group of characters to make a scene seem more realistic.

Comment

I would defiantly use it since I feel when we are making characters we are making beautiful, yet unrealistic people sometimes.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ha. Me three months ago had a typo. :P

• Miss Molly
                  Miss Molly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "defiantly" Hahahahaha! You realise that's an actual word? This made my day!

Bump bump! This needs support!

Comment

I think this is a GREAT idea!!!

I SUPPORT!!

Comment

Bumping and supporting!

This needs to happen!

Comment

If this was done, Episode would have about fifty or so randoms. That would create fifty or so character faces and names that are way overused in stories. Sorry, but... I don't think so

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I get what you're saying, but this would be different. It wouldn't be bases. It would be something that COMPLETELY randomizes the character, so it's different each time. Basically, it wouldn't choose from a base. The character would shuffle RANDOMLY, and it would be completely different each time.

• Lauren
                        Lauren commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Okay... then support :}

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL. (10rule)

I need this so bad! Creating background characters that don't even have any lines is VERY time consuming....

Comment

Support! This will make creating background characters so much easier.

Comment

Support, we need this. But we shouldn't have like a database with certain possible looks / images, but we should have something like a COMPLETELY random choice that's not the same every time...
                          but then sometimes a girl with Skin 1 and lip Black will look really goth and creepy. O_O

Comment

Working...
                          X