Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short Story Contest 2017 (Official Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Story Contest 2017 (Official Thread)

I know this is really early, but I really wanted to start it before I leave on another camping trip where I won't have access to the internet. Besides, it means more time for you to write. So, without further ado, let's begin!

--

Hello everyone, and Welcome to my Short Story Contest! I hope you are excited as I am!

The theme is: Nothing.

I initially wanted to have a specific theme, then I realized I want you to have all the creative freedom. If you don't have any ideas, or are just curious, here are some of the themes I was going to use:
    • You can write anything as long as it is in second person
    • A not-chosen one story
    • Heroes
    • Deadly Secret
    Even if I want to give you creative freedom, there still has to be rules.
    1. All entrees are due Wednesday, the 26th of July. That is a little over a month to write. You are welcome to turn it in any time before then!
    2. Entrees must have between 100-875 words. (But, I'm very lenient. You can have 95 words, or 880 words or something close. I won't worry about the exact word count.)
    3. You can submit up to 2 stories, no more.
    4. If you submit 2 stories, only one can be in the top 3.
    5. These ARE NOT episode stories. They will be traditionally written as a book would be.
    6. No ‘descriptive’ sexual scenes
    7. Swearing is allowed, but please keep it to a minimum
    8. I'm in the mood for happy stories. You shouldn't have nothing bad happen, and you don't even have to have a happy ending, but please, nothing too dark.
    9. Please no hard feelings! This is just for fun. You are still wonderfully amazing and talented even if you don't win.
    10. If you have any questions please ask!
    When you are finished, please submit your entree(s) here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

Also, here is the rubric I will be scoring your stories off of, if you want to see what I'm looking for.

Happy Writing!
    Last edited by SillyCupcake22233; 06-29-2017, 10:19 AM.

Quick Question: For this contest, do we write it traditionaly, like write the setting, write the everything, or Epsiode style (choices, spot directing)?

Comment

Ooh, this sounds fun! Can't wait to get started.

Comment

I'm gonna try and enter!

Comment

Bumpity bump bump

Comment

Oh wow, this is exciting! I am going to start brainstorming right now. My short stories are usually pretty dark, so coming up with something lighter will be a great challenge.

Comment

• SillyCupcake22233
            SillyCupcake22233 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good One of the main points of this contest is to challenge you and strengthen your writing muscles.

One time when I entered a short story contest, you were allowed only 350 words, but you could submit multiple entrees. A lot of people submitted a part 2 to their stories with their other entrees. Let me say; I wouldn't be against it.

Comment

• KittyCat2
            KittyCat2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was wondering about this…I've written my story but it's around 1,000 words, and I can't really take anything out to make it shorter. Would it be alright if I submitted it in two parts?

• SillyCupcake22233
            Editing a comment
            Yes, but no more than 2 parts.

• KittyCat2
            KittyCat2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay, thank you! This is really helpful because I definitely have more to put in my story.
            Last edited by KittyCat2; 07-01-2017, 08:04 PM.

Seems interesting! Might join

Comment

Bump, so it doesn't get lost!

Comment

Bump! You have about 16 days left to write! Good luck!

Comment

Bump! You have about 13 days to write!

Comment

Bump!!!! 10 days left!

Comment

Bump! About 4 days left. I may expand the deadline, just because I've gotten only 1 entry!

Comment

I'm extending the deadline to Wednesday Aug. 9!

Comment

Has this been cancelled?

Comment

• SillyCupcake22233
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, it has so to very few people ever submitting. I’m very sorry. However, I’d just like to say that your story was really good

• catsharp53
                        catsharp53 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hahah no worries! I was just cleaning out my subscriptions and remembered that I'd entered this and hadn't heard anything in awhile
                    Working...
                    X