Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

The ranting thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a short rant

I really hate how often my parents try to protect me from 'vulgar' literature.
    I understand why they do; I, personally, wouldn't want my child to read some of the things I want to read
    but there has to be a point where it ends. I was watching a comedy show one time, and my mother walked in, watched 5 lines, then banned me from it. why? because 1 character was making a whole lot of sexual jokes - the jokes themselves weren't funny, but the fact that the character was repeatedly making them was - and my mom doesn't want me to witness those things. here's the deal though: I am a teenager in 2017.
    because we have access to social media, the internet, etc., what was 'mature' when she was in high school is now included in every day high school boy jokes. this is even shown in movies. what was R back then is PG-13 now. it's unfair to compare her high school experience to what she thinks high school is like now. no matter how many times I tell her 'I hear plenty of sexual jokes at school', she won't be able to understand that I really mean it, because she didn't go to high school in 2017.
    but also... I'm not a toddler anymore. there are some things that my parents think I don't know and shelter me from, that I already know. I'm not claiming to know everything ever, I'm still learning, I'm still at school. but that doesn't mean I've never heard the f-word before.

I might edit this later to add some stuff, but.. yeah. thanks, ranting thread!

Comment

• anime
      anime commented
      Editing a comment
      i understand how you feel, and i understand how your mom feels too.

all in all, she just wants to keep u safe and make sure u don't grow up with bad influences, but of course, there has to be boundaries because you can't be sheltered all your life, you know?

sitting down and talking with your parents one to one and explaining that you won't be influenced by the things you see and watch and that you know better, and then explaining everything you said here to her and coming to some kind of compromise would be really beneficial. good luck!

• brinn
      brinn commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, it's a tricky subject cause there's not 1 correct side. we're both right to some extent.
      I agree though, I think the best solution would be to compromise! I talked to her about the book and gave her most of the reasons why I should still be able to read it at my age...
      she agreed, but she wants to read the book while I read it too. I'm happy because I get to read the book, and then she is fine with it because she will see all of the material too.
      thanks anime!

• hello ranting thread

it's been a while

*inhale*

I am really effing tired of being called "white" or "American" because...

- I am super light
    - I like American shows and food and wahtnot
    - I don't like my own 'culture' (I'm effing sorry I don't like kpop it's just not my taste bajeezus sorry I like Imagine Dragons)

I was effing raised in America so FORGIVE ME for watching American shows, eating American food, and freaking liking American music

And it's not my fault I'm super light that I'm whiter than my white friend ok but guess what I'm not freaking white or American, I am effing Asian so get it through your tiny little skulls >

It hurts sometimes to hear it because it makes me feel like less of an Asian and it really sucks because it gets annoying really fast

I usually just laugh it off but sometimes people say it to me rudely and I wanna say stop but they'll just keeping going so I just sit there and take it

because I know that it's not a good reason to get mad and I'm not really a mean person

*sigh*

I'll always know I'm Asian and they can't change that.

Comment

• TheBluGeek
      TheBluGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks anime

your words are really helpful and it’s reassuring to know others know how I feel. I’ll try to talk to them if they say it again

• Cam Boulder
      Cam Boulder commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I don't know much about this issue but what anime said seems pretty helpful.

Aside from speaking out I would like to remind you that races, just like labels, are something yours and no one else can label you as something you're not or take away who you are. I remember you mentioning something about a friend of yours saying that you don't like your culture for not liking k-pop but... in my opinion k-pop has stopped being something inherently Korean to become part of pop culture in general, it's now become just another music genre and there's absolutely nothing wrong with preferring some genres over others. I mean, I don't have to like crap like Despacito to be considered Colombian, I don't see how you should like k-pop to be Korean.

Liking American foods and shows is actually pretty normal, not only Americans do, and that doesn't make you "white" or "American". And even if it wasn't something already practiced almost globally then there wouldn't be anything wrong with you because that's the context you grew up in!

• TheBluGeek
      TheBluGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Cam and I agree

No one should be forced to like Despacito to be Colombian or anything like that

I’m glad people here are super nice and helpful ^.^

• Bye, I'm deleting Episode & going away from this website & the Episode Writer's Portal. Too much stress, horrible Episode support agents, and life.

Comment

• anime
      anime commented
      Editing a comment
      i don't kno you that well, but i hope your stress alleviates soon and that things improve! ♡

• hey friends and lurkers i've noticed some people say things along the lines of "i'm not commenting on the ranting thread because my problem is too small".

no matter how seemingly insignificant, you're welcome to talk about it! any size problem is worthy enough to bring here! and we have this rlly rad community that will always help out!

if you need to rant about dropping your potato salad yesterday, i'll sympathize with u and talk about how i dropped a bowl of strawberries and nearly cried.

Comment

• I'm not really one to rant but, I kinda needed some outside perspective on my situation. I had a friend let's call him "KC", we've been friends for about 8 years but the last few years I have been sorta rocky. He helped me when I had the worse heartbreak ever & he was just there for me whenever I needed him, & I was the same way when he needed me or wanted to talk and hangout I was always there. After my father passed away a few years ago I did become distant towards KC but he understood why & gave me some space. During this time I reconnected with a friend from college "LH' (who is now my husband) but anyway, LH and I became closer over time and even though our friendship had to go back to being long distance ( I moved back to Houston & he's from New Jersey ) we still skyped and Facetimed daily. So the summer he finally asked me out at this point we've been communicating with each other for at least a year and some months . Then obviously we started dating. This is where my friendship with KC gets messy, he reached out to me to check on me and I told him about my new relationship & he was supposedly "happy" for me but .... the minute I told him I was a few months pregnant, he literally lied and said it was HIS kid & this caused my relationship to suffer a lot & I ended up having a miscarriage. And I was miserable for the next few months and I closed everyone out & KC claimed he was just "joking around" but I wasn't buying it, then LH wanted to make things right but i needed time honestly. Fast forward to some time later my relationship with LH was back on and KC was distant again until recently, THIS IS WHAT PISSED ME OFF Y'ALL ----> KC texts me " I hate you" & honestly I'm shocked so i'm like "why", and he said his sister passed away & he's been trying to get in touch with me (BULLSH*T) and i've been ignoring him ( The Lies Smh ) so i'm still trying to be the supportive friend that I am. LITERALLY the next day he just cracking jokes and acting like we still super close then I'm like well can you apologize for ruining my relationship ( i didn't tell him about the miscarriage yet) he was like no honestly I FORGOT all about that. Honestly i don't want him in my life anymore. I haven't been truly happy in YEARS my depression is finally under control ( i've been depressed since I was 12 going on 13, I overdosed twice & had a very tough battle with alcoholism before I even hit 17 it was bad. But now i've been sober for 9 years from the pills and almost 6 years since I had my last drink ( alcohol ). I'm married and I just want my daughter to arrive in the spring in a stress free environment . But some people think I'm wrong for not wanting KC in my life anymore, what y'all think? First of all, If you read all of this YOU the real MVP & I Love You!! No seriously I really DO, YOU'RE AMAZING!!!

Comment

• Cam Boulder
        Cam Boulder commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think you're wrong in not wanting him in your life. Sure, you had your good times and were very good friends at one point, but that doesn't mean you have to stand his bullshit just for old times' sake. It seems that he tends to bring negativity to your great life and you don't deserve that.

I think that if he actually wants to reconnect with you he would make an effort to heal what has happened between the two of you instead of searching for you when he has problems, and I don't think he's done that yet.

So... yeah. Kick him out, at least until he shows he wants to do things well.

• This isn’t really a rant but I was reading some other people’s rants and honestly the replies are so supportive and nice, like people wonder why I spend so much time on my phone, the internet etc but maybe it’s because people are just so much nicer here? They listen to me, they offer helpful advice. I love this community so much because it’s made me happier and feel like I belong so much more than my friends.

Comment

• anime
        anime commented
        Editing a comment
        i originally was going to leave after my visit and plan to never return again for a long time, but seeing so many supportive people on my thread just made me wanna stay & contribute to all the positivism too!

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        So so true.

• Lum
        Lum commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree! The ranting thread is especially so warm.

• Okay so I have been going through these rants a lil bit to see what is up in everyone's lives. So anyway I want to make a rant. So here it goes.

This isn't really about me but whatever. I am sick of the world right now. Like seriously. #equality We were all created equal (I accidentally typed evil but realised *_*). It doesn't matter about your race, your religion, your sexuality, your beliefs, your gender. Why? Because we are all human. We are different and the same. So to those people out there who can't understand that EOIGHCSPOEPW!

So I am christian or catholic to be precise. And there is so many things I don't agree with this religion. Like seriously stop being so against people who aren't heterosexual. It is not something that can be 'fixed.' These people are who they are. They aren't anyless. There is NOTHING wrong with them so shut up. God created everyone to be equal. He said to love your neighbour (i.e everyone) as you love yourself. Then these people are not doing that. I am not churchy or anything but I have been baptised. But seriously I have been past churches with signs out the front saying vote no because of God and blah blah blah (we are having a plebiscite in my country for LGBT+ marriage). Like why are we deciding whether these people are worthy to get married. IT IS WRONG! They deserve to be with the love of their life just as much as we are. It is inhumane to be deciding for them. And another thing about the catholic religion I can't stand it the priests not being able to get married. OMG! This has made some of them sexually abuse children. I WANT TO SCREAM WOEIFHIJADSPOI!!!

My next issue is racism. It does not bloody matter what your skin colour is. Because it is just a colour. It does not matter what culture you come form because it is just a culture. We are still human. So stop judging people because of it. We come from all over but we are all still HUMAN. WE ARE THE SAME. SO STOP SAYING PEOPLE ARE BELOW YOU BECAUSE OF THAT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T.

Now religion. It shouldn't matter. People have different Gods but that doesn't matter. Stop putting hate on people of the Muslim religion because of ISIS. They aren't all terrorist so stop treating them like it. They are lovely people. They have the same interests as you and me. The same goals. The same hopes and dreams and etc. Just because some people wear hijabs and other headdresses doesn't make them a terrorist. It is just part of their religion. Their culture. So stop being so judgemental. Because all I see from these people is love. Not hate.

Now gender. This is probably the only thing I can relate to. I am honestly sick of sexism. 'Of women being below men.' We are not an object. We are the same as men just with a different build. We are as smart, as determined, as talented and as valued as men. It doesn't make us anyless capable. Some girls can't go to school because of this and that makes me MAD. I am lucky to have the opportunities I have. But these girls deserve to have a future. But not only that there is sexism a bit towards man. Not as much I don't think but still. Just because a man wears make up or a skirt doesn't make him unequal. That is who he is and he should be proud. And also those who are transgender. They are still equal. They shouldn't be treated or feel any less important because they felt the need to change genders to be happy. I want to give them a clap on the back for figuring out who they are. Who they want to be. For figuring out that makes them happy. And to be comfortable in their own skin. And those who are genderfluid. It doesn't matter what gender you are whether you go by male or female or neither we are all still human and equal.

So everybody just stop and treat everyone how you want to be treated. Because this world is forever changing. We are growing and developing. And one day I hope there is equality everywhere. A world with peace. And I hope it comes sooner rather than later. All you need is HOPE.

[Sorry if I offended anyone with any of this rant. Probably to many of you I have got it easy as the only thing I experience is sexism as a female but am fortunate to come from a country who mostly treat genders equal (except in being paid and other stuff)].
      Last edited by Mia Turner; 11-05-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• phoebe.epi8
        phoebe.epi8 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with every word of this!

People who say Muslims are terrorists are wrong - yeah, maybe most terrorists are Muslim, but stop generalising a whole religion because of that. It's not their fault.

I am also catholic - and I also agree with everything you said about that! LOVE IS LOVE. In the Bible it says to love and accept, and I know it says gay sex is wrong, but it also says not to touch a woman if she's on her period? That's something to think about. The Bible isn't always followed.
        Being LGBT+ isn't a cry for attention. It doesn't MAKE a person. It doesn't CHANGE who the person is. STOP DECIDING SOMEONE'S LIFE THAT YOU AREN'T EVEN GOING TO BE IN. What would you do if everyone stopped legalising straight marriage?

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly, it is a human right. (Finally someone responded after all that typing ) phoebe.epi8

• So I have been thinking... I'm currently unemployed so I can't really do much other than thinking and I have come to realize something. During my entire life I have been told by friends, family, teachers, more or less strangers that I'm quiet and it has always been said in a negative tone. Like being quiet is nothing to be proud of. Then I just agreed with them and said: "Yes I'm quiet and I will work on it". But why? Why do I have to work on it? Why does people have such a problem with me being quiet? I was a great student. I did all my homework, got high scores on all my tests and got high marks on my essays. Still, they had to comment on the fact that I was quiet like it was something negative even though it didn't affect my grades. What was the point? For years I have heard this comment and for years I have believed that me being quiet is something bad and has made me feel insecure and felt like something was wrong with me.

Then my friends. A few months ago I graduated, and though for most this times mean a fun time filled with parties and drinking, I had dreaded it for a long time. I don't like parties. My friends does. I listened to their stories about how they got drunk, threw up, slept with guys they couldn't remember the name of the next day. I didn't mind. But then one of my friends starts talking about a guy she talked to and said something like: "He was very weird because he was quiet". Of course she didn't direct it towards me but it sort of felt like it. They are fully aware that I'm not very talkative and it's hurtful when someone throws out a comment like that. By experience I know that people can't help it if they don't talk much. Some people just don't say more than what's necessary.

Yes, a few years ago I was very quiet and I didn't dare doing anything without my twin sister. But then I moved away, at sixteen, far away from everyone I had ever known. Then a year after I moved again, this time to a foreign country to live with a family I had never met before. I have achieved so much despite being "quiet". Yet, I can never shake off the feeling that I'm somewhat less of a person because I don't talk much. I'm wondering how many more people out there is losing confidence in themselves because they are constantly told that being quiet is something bad.

I don't know if this is because I live in the Western World or if this is a thing all over the world. The only time I can remember someone actually saying something nice of me being quiet was when I was at a Buddhist temple in London. A monk told me that he found my presence calming while the others who were with me commented on how beautiful everything was.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing or am I all alone in my thoughts?

Comment

• anime
        anime commented
        Editing a comment
        i'm pretty quiet & shy myself, but i've been working on it because personally i CHOOSE to socialize more and get to know more people. notice how i said "choose", in all caps lol. i have friends that are much less talkative than i am, but they keep that quality of themselves because they want to.

if you don't see a problem with being quiet, and if it doesn't affect your every day life negatively, don't try to change something that isn't broke! i can tell you that being quiet isn't bad. when you're not as loud as others, it just shows that you're more thoughtful. it also shows that you're more respectful and reserved, which is not a downside at all.
        you have achieved a lot and you are not less of a person because of the less words you speak. sometimes even the shortest sentences or smallest words can have so much meaning & impact.

unfortunately, there will always be people that can't see through your, or a quiet person's point of view because they're extremely sociable and extroverted and simply can't relate. they probably can't imagine going hours without talking ahaha. it's pretty annoying i agree, but just know that they aren't you, and only you can decide the best for yourself. don't let a negative comment shake you from being the best person you can be.

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        Omg yes! I honestly a lot of the time just don't know what to say. And it kind of makes me feel bad. But I guess I kind of came with drawn because of an issue I went through. But I see my friends all be out going and yeah. But as anime was saying I am also choosing to socialize more.

But it doesn't matter whether if you are quiet or outgoing because it is what makes the world go around. We can't all be the same.

lol I have a twin sister too.

• Cam Boulder
        Cam Boulder commented
        Editing a comment
        I can relate to your situation, but instead of calming sometimes my silence is seen as judging or threatening. I agree with both anime and Mia on how being quiet is not something bad, and anime's advise on using your perception is the best advise you can get. I honestly like quiet people better, they are the ones who can make you feel comfortable just by being there and that's priceless and being told you are calming is one of the best things someone can ever tell you so own it, be the quiet woman that can make others feel calmer just with her presence, be yourself.

• does this even count as a rant?? im so hypocritical for asking since i just made a whole post about how it was okay to rant about anything here but i'm unsure!! oh well!
      to anyone that has a tumblr:

i've always made it a plan to make a tumblr to post my art & get back into drawing, and even possibly sell some of the stuff that i post on there on other sites like redbubble.
      i created one literally a few seconds ago and it has an intro and its first post and my alias and everything, but boy was it stressful and anxiety-inducing ahahah

i actually made an art tumblr a long while ago but i just looked back on it and saw how cringey it was and how bad my art was and i'm just pretty afraid i'll look at this new tumblr acc like that again.

i'd really appreciate it if we could follow each others blogs & just b mutuals???? i don't wanna be lonely lmao

my tumblr is darlingmochi if anyone would like to check it out!!

Comment

• CatterPie_Blue
        CatterPie_Blue commented
        Editing a comment
        bRUH

you made the thread

i don't think you have to be unsure about posting here

(I'd follow your tumblr but I don't have any social media except Wattpad... is that even social media?)

• i have two rants but I'll do this one first

okay, so there are these kids at my school who have this "[insert 'founder's' name here]-ian empire" on Google +, right? it's basically just a meme page for them to joke around on. there's only really one active user on there (further referred to as T), though, and this has led the 'founder' (further referred to as A) to call him out all the time, since he posts a lot. and I mean a lot. (his memes aren't even really funny, but that's not the point.) T decided that A was a dictator (which I feel bad for A about since T also decided I was a dictator when I kicked him out of several of my Google Hangouts chats for cussing and saying inappropriate things) and decided to make his own empire- T-ian empire to post whatever memes his heart desires. okay, fine, whatever. I don't like T, but he can go do his thing and that's cool, as long as he isn't obnoxious about it. but
      noOOoooOOoooOO!
      T decided to rub his newfound memish liberty in A's face and posted multiple times on A-ian empire advertising his own group. people began to join that one, and A was pissed. he started talking about the rules (which didn't even appear anywhere on the Google+ community??) and kicked T out of the group. other members of T-ian empire took it upon themselves to defend T multiple times, writing ranty comments insulting A (who was being a brat but nowhere as awful as T, who I'll get to in a sec) and generally being horrible, toxic people. only once did I see anybody speak up against this (an older student who lectured the members of both T-ian and A-ian empire in a very long post) and he was quickly chewed out by immature douchebuckets who felt the need to inform him that he was a "sarcastic piece of sh*t who is only doing this to get attention". ew, I know.

the worst part is that people are egging this kind of behavior on! my friend J (who other friends often feel hangs out with people like T and A so she can garner popularity) in particular was telling A that he was a terrible, terrible person and was being mean and oppressive towards T. I still can't believe she would engage in this kind of immature argument when she complains about T and A daily- especially since she is defending T, who has been confirmed to grope girls at school. wtf? just because she likes his memes doesn't excuse his horrible personality. I'm all for being good to people no matter what they've done, but... some people just don't deserve sympathy, period. I'm seriously doubting even hanging out with J. it disgusts me. and she's not the only one doing this!

I can only hope that this will be resolved soon... it sickens me to even look at my Google+ feed.

Comment

• AwesomeAnon
        AwesomeAnon commented
        Editing a comment
        Screw T, and, I'm not sure if this would help, but have you thought about showing a teacher or something?

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        In my opinion A, T and J doesn't seem to be the best of people. Seriously T, groping girls?!? That is not on. Females deserve more respect. No offence but from what I've read J seems to be attention seeking and fake (but that is only my opinion from that rant). And to me A and T are just being petty (which is the definition of teenagers to me).

• Here is my rant:

-
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      Life

Comment

• So this rant isn't that deep as my last rant, but I was just scrolling through my Instagram feed & minding my business. I see a post about a video is being made for a song that I love to just sing out loud for fun ( SZA x The Weekend ). I go to make a comment but the only comment that was there was a woman stereotyping & degrading women for liking that song. Basically, her tone was very derogatory. Me being me, I just told her it's no reason to degrade women over a song by calling them ( Ho*s, B*tch*s, Wh*res etc ...) that's like people stereotyping her as illegal over her name ( Rodriguez I believe it was). My whole point was a song like that does NOT DEFINE every woman in general, just like everyone with her name isn't illegal & if you are that's not my business it's more important stuff going on in the world. So at this point, she stuck on stupid & searching for dumb, I don't like repeating myself when the point is clearly being missed. So she plays the race card told me I'm black & I'm a hoodrat so before I blessed her with a block, I wished her nothing but the best since she was still bothered by the "illegal" example, I had to tell her "First of all, sis I'm biracial ( Bahamian, Thai, Creole, & African American ) and I'm from the hood but my financial situation been straight & I like that song but I'm a college grad ( summa cum laude ) I have two businesses and I'm a biochemist. I'm not about to sit up & act like I'm better than anyone cause I'm not all I was trying to get her to understand was that she, not superior cause she doesn't like a song or agree with the message. If you can't have a mature conversation to see my point as well then you deserve to get blocked. IDC !!!! Now I'm off to enjoy my mother's birthday ( it's my off day too !!) Have a great day or night everyone!

Comment

• Maggdizz504
        Maggdizz504 commented
        Editing a comment
        She sounds like a great person (Note my sarcasm) Unfortunately those kind of people do exist and they see it as their personal task to make sure that others know what they think no matter how degrading and mean their opinion may be. Also those people tend to not be able to see things from another person's point of view, making it difficult to have an discussion as they have already made up their mind and will never admit being wrong. The best thing you could have done was to block them because people like that will only give you a headache.

• Okay I really need to rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO BLOODY SICK OF PEOPLE THINKING TWINS, TRIPLETS, ETC ARE THE BLOODY SAME PEOPLE. SURE IF YOU ARE IDENTICAL YOU SHARE THE SAME DNA BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU THE SAME PERSON!!!!

WE HAVE OUR OWN THOUGHTS, OPINIONS, LIKES, INTERESTS, ETC!!! JUST BECAUSE WE LOOK THE SAME AKJIFWEUFINEW!!!!!!!!!! UGH! I feel like SCREAMING! I swear if someone else says to me 'oh, you know if you and your twin sister married identical twins then had kids they would be the same person.' WELL GUESS WHAT? NO THEY BLOODY WOULDN'T!!!! Sure they would probably share the same DNA BUT, they are completely different people. AND if someone else says 'you're bascially the same person.' I will literally rip my hair out.

WHY?!? BECAUSE DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW THAT MAKES ME FEEL???? It makes me feel less valuable then everyone else around me. That I have a 'double' and if I were to die that would be okay because there is another of me. It doesn't make me feel unique. And you know what? EVERY SINGLE PERSON is UNIQUE because they are different in their own ways NO MATTER if they look the same or have the same DNA!!!

AND STOP TRYING TO CONJOIN OUR NAMES OR CALL US TWINS OR TWINIES. ADDRESS ME BY MY OWN BLOODY NAME. I AM ONE PERSON NOT TWO. WE ARE TWO PEOPLE NOT ONE!!!!! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I CALLED YOU AND YOUR SIBLING A CONJOINED NAME??? I KINDOF UNDERSTAND IF PEOPLE MIX US UP BUT PLEASE JUST LEARN WHICH IS WHICH IT'S NOT THAT HARD. AND I MAY LOOK 'SIMILAR' BUT THAERE ARE BLOODY DIFFERENCES IN OUR FACES. IT IS LIKE ME CALLING YOU YOUR SIBLINGS NAME. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?

OH AND I WAS WATCHING A GAME SHOW ON TV AND ONE OF THE QUESTIONS WAS WHAT DO TWINS SHARE SO ONE LADY WAS LIKE A GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE HER HUSBAND IS AN IDENTICAL TWIN AND BLAH BLAH BLAH. AND I'M LIKE HOLD UP NO NO NO!!! NO THEY DON'T WE ARE REGULAR HUMAN BEINGS WE DO NOT SHARE BOYFRIENDS/GIRLFRIENDS!!!!! I SWEAR 'M ABOUT TO BASH MY HEAD INTO A WALL IF I HEAR ANYONE ELSE SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

You know one thing is that I have always dreamed of getting a boyfriend and getting married and having kids and etc. But I feel as though I will probably never fall in love or have a boyfriend because no one will want to be with me because I am according to everyone else 'bascially the same person.'

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND WITH YOUR OPINION I AM GOING TO LOSE IT
      Last edited by Mia Turner; 11-15-2017, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly, why can't other people see that @Annebelle H.

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry tagged it wrong😅 Annabelle H.

• Maggdizz504
        Maggdizz504 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have experienced it to some extent. Me and my sister are not identical so it only looks like we're siblings rather than twins. It was much worse when we were younger. We have never looked very alike but my mother insisted on buying the same clothing to us for years, even if we didn't have the same kind of style. In several photos me and my sister wear the same kind of clothing just different colors and have our hair in the same way. I didn't experience it very often that we were referred to as the same person but I was always reminded that I had a twin and people always compared us with each other.
        When I started in a different school far away from everyone it was so nice because people didn't even know I had a twin and I didn't have to feel like people were always comparing me to her.

• Originally posted by Mia Turner View Post
      Okay so I have been going through these rants a lil bit to see what is up in everyone's lives. So anyway I want to make a rant. So here it goes.

This isn't really about me but whatever. I am sick of the world right now. Like seriously. #equality We were all created equal (I accidentally typed evil but realised *_*). It doesn't matter about your race, your religion, your sexuality, your beliefs, your gender. Why? Because we are all human. We are different and the same. So to those people out there who can't understand that EOIGHCSPOEPW!

So I am christian or catholic to be precise. And there is so many things I don't agree with this religion. Like seriously stop being so against people who aren't heterosexual. It is not something that can be 'fixed.' These people are who they are. They aren't anyless. There is NOTHING wrong with them so shut up. God created everyone to be equal. He said to love your neighbour (i.e everyone) as you love yourself. Then these people are not doing that. I am not churchy or anything but I have been baptised. But seriously I have been past churches with signs out the front saying vote no because of God and blah blah blah (we are having a plebiscite in my country for LGBT+ marriage). Like why are we deciding whether these people are worthy to get married. IT IS WRONG! They deserve to be with the love of their life just as much as we are. It is inhumane to be deciding for them. And another thing about the catholic religion I can't stand it the priests not being able to get married. OMG! This has made some of them sexually abuse children. I WANT TO SCREAM WOEIFHIJADSPOI!!!

My next issue is racism. It does not bloody matter what your skin colour is. Because it is just a colour. It does not matter what culture you come form because it is just a culture. We are still human. So stop judging people because of it. We come from all over but we are all still HUMAN. WE ARE THE SAME. SO STOP SAYING PEOPLE ARE BELOW YOU BECAUSE OF THAT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T.

Now religion. It shouldn't matter. People have different Gods but that doesn't matter. Stop putting hate on people of the Muslim religion because of ISIS. They aren't all terrorist so stop treating them like it. They are lovely people. They have the same interests as you and me. The same goals. The same hopes and dreams and etc. Just because some people wear hijabs and other headdresses doesn't make them a terrorist. It is just part of their religion. Their culture. So stop being so judgemental. Because all I see from these people is love. Not hate.

Now gender. This is probably the only thing I can relate to. I am honestly sick of sexism. 'Of women being below men.' We are not an object. We are the same as men just with a different build. We are as smart, as determined, as talented and as valued as men. It doesn't make us anyless capable. Some girls can't go to school because of this and that makes me MAD. I am lucky to have the opportunities I have. But these girls deserve to have a future. But not only that there is sexism a bit towards man. Not as much I don't think but still. Just because a man wears make up or a skirt doesn't make him unequal. That is who he is and he should be proud. And also those who are transgender. They are still equal. They shouldn't be treated or feel any less important because they felt the need to change genders to be happy. I want to give them a clap on the back for figuring out who they are. Who they want to be. For figuring out that makes them happy. And to be comfortable in their own skin. And those who are genderfluid. It doesn't matter what gender you are whether you go by male or female or neither we are all still human and equal.

So everybody just stop and treat everyone how you want to be treated. Because this world is forever changing. We are growing and developing. And one day I hope there is equality everywhere. A world with peace. And I hope it comes sooner rather than later. All you need is HOPE.

[Sorry if I offended anyone with any of this rant. Probably to many of you I have got it easy as the only thing I experience is sexism as a female but am fortunate to come from a country who mostly treat genders equal (except in being paid and other stuff)].
      Sorry if It seems I'm stalking you right now, I just keep finding threads you've recently replied to. I assume this was to do with the equal marriage postal vote that happened in Australia...

...And I'm so happy to say: YES WON 61.6%! I'M SO HAPPY. I'M NOT EVEN LGBTQIA+ BUT I STILL CARE A LOT ABOUT THIS!

I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS STUPID VOTE FOR SO LONG. AND NOW AT THE END OF THE YEAR THERE WILL BE A VOTE IN PARLIAMENT!

alright just a small rant from me.

Comment

• AwesomeAnon
        AwesomeAnon commented
        Editing a comment
        That's awesome!!!

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        Same! I am really happy about this because it is one step closer to accomplishing equality.

• update on my previous post:

okay, well, the whole thing has not blown over as I hoped/expected. in fact, it's just gotten to be more of a nuisance...

T and A are really going at it right now. honestly, it's pretty ridiculous. I don't know why A is wasting his and others' time doing this (like Mia Turner said, they're really just being petty at the core of it all), especially since he sarcastically asked if the people in the T-ian empire are mice or men (read: the members of the T-ian empire are uncivilized rodents) which is... just not right. when you get down to it, T didn't do anything that could have provoked this besides make his own meme page. this pisses me off a lot- T may have done awful, awful things but nobody deserves to be mercilessly insulted on the internet because of something as silly as this. seriously, they're treating it like an honest to goodness war- sending "soldiers" and "spies" to make derogatory jokes and insults about the other groups. they're getting a lot of people unnecessarily involved, too, inviting literally everyone they know to their groups and pitting friends against friends. it's disgusting. if anyone cares, J is still fanning the flames; she keeps defending T on the A-ian empire but insulting him too (or at least liking and commenting LOL on posts making fun of him)?? I'm really confused about her motives.

addressing AwesomeAnon's question: I'm a little wary of telling teachers, since, well, there's not really anything they can do. they're not doing this inside school, only outside, and they aren't doing anything serious enough to get them in serious trouble... yet. it might sound kind of sad that I have such low standards for my school, but I don't think they'd do anything even if this was inside school, anyways.

so... yeah. there's my bit. it wasn't as long as last time, since it's basically all the same stuff going on except a little more extreme. I'll keep posting updates as this crappy situation continues.

Comment

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        Ugh, that's horrible. These two need a reality check, they are fighting over something so stupid. I feel bad for you and everyone they are dragging into this. Sadly no matter what there is always going to be people like that. I hope everything sorts itself out soon

• AwesomeAnon
        AwesomeAnon commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow… this situation just sounds so stupid. I think continuing to not get involved is the best thing to do for now, and hopefully it’ll fizzle out.
    Working...
    X