Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

What new script templates would you like?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new script templates would you like?

Hi Authors!

The team would like to hear from you all about what kinds of scripts template you would like or find most useful for Ink. We are looking to add to existing list of offerings soon. So what would you al like to see?

Thanks!

Maybe a simple branching script for beginners? It could encourage more authors to include branching, multiple outcomes from choices in their stories.

Comment

• B.S
      B.S commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, that's a very smart idea.

• missinglarrymoments
      Editing a comment
      Yes, definitely. It's really hard to work it out at first.

• Booklady1017
      Booklady1017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea Mystery Girl.

Hmmm, Choices, choices...
    I think some people would *REALLY* like a dressing game with different things the characters says after they've chosen it twice. For example; In Real Hollywood Annika would say something
    different after we've looked at all the outfits then we go back to another one and then annika says something different. If you know what I mean... Also sin't this thread supposed to be in the F+A suggestions?
    -Bailey

Comment

• Dark Hollow
      Dark Hollow commented
      Editing a comment
      But it's really simple! Here's how it should be

label dress
      NARR
      What do you want to wear?
      "First Outfit" {

if (tried_first) {

NARR
      It's really cute.

} else {

NARR
      What do you think?

gain tried_first
      }

}"Second Option" {

and so on...
      }

You can find this under the tutorial "Picking Names & Outfits"

• Booklady1017
      Booklady1017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you mean more complex choices? I haven't mastered that yet.

Concert! Like in Demi Lovato.

Comment

• xMoistBread
      xMoistBread commented
      Editing a comment
      There actually is the concert scene template out in the "best of scenes" guides tab.

• Little Potato
      Little Potato commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I found it a while before but thanks!

Using the phone background and how to make it look the characters are texting each other

Comment

If it's possible I would like a script template on harder choices / choices that affects your story. I find them really hard to do

Comment

It would be so much easier if you could add a script template of characters dancing, partying, and drinking in the background. Thank you for reading this!

Comment

• 1Blue_Shoe
        1Blue_Shoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree. I just used the party script template and changes everyones animation to some type of dance

• Booklady1017
        Booklady1017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love that idea! ❤️

I agree with many people here about branching. A script template would help many beginners.

Comment

• Booklady1017
        Booklady1017 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't know about the script templates. I just cut and paste from previous chapters I save. I'm checking them out when I can get to my desktop.

Spot directing at different distances and camera angles. Close up, medium shot, long shot, over the shoulder shot, whip pans, zooms, etc. (Stuff I'd like to incorporate but am too lazy to code every time!)

Comment

• IvynG
        IvynG commented
        Editing a comment
        God I'm late for replying 😂 But I do agree with this. It will be very helpful

Maybe something that goes a bit more in depth as far as spot directing and zooming. I feel like I've got the basics down as far as writing my own story, but I'm still struggling when it comes to zooming, spot directing and the advance branching in the coding. Thanks a million.

Comment

• liaperez1903
        liaperez1903 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can check out Joseph Evans's youtube channel. He has tutorials about spot directing.And it's super easy and useful!!!

More than a template, I think being able to have folders for characters to use in all stories would be great. A folder for a bunch of background characters would be awesome. For templates, I agree with the branching ones suggested.

Comment

This isn't exactly a NEW template, more of an addition to an old one, but what about a simple choice template where we could choose the number of options we write (between 2 and 6 maybe?) instead of just having one 3-choice template, and having to handwrite any more choices we want.

Comment

• Booklady1017
          Booklady1017 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that idea.

• Booklady1017
          Booklady1017 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Whenever I have to add more choices or delete choices, I always end up with the error that there is a bracket missing. Anyone know why?

Change Clothes without making a whole new outfit?

Comment

I was thinking like a template for what they did in Demi, when they had the dance battle...okay, let me restart lol

In Demi, when they had the dance battle, they had the band on the stage. I could go onto my device and use the spot helper, but it always distracts me and I never get anything done. So I was wondering if there could be a template for spotting like that, and/or spotting for various bed backgrounds because that would also be very helpful.
          There, I think I make more sense now lol. Hope that isn't too confusing.

Comment

Demi Lovato has point bars and depending on your actions they fill up. Instead of using the narrator bubble every time to tell how much points a reader received (and you can't even tell how many in total) it would be easier if it fills like in Demi's.

Comment

• Dark Hollow
              Dark Hollow commented
              Editing a comment
              YES YES! Or the clothing button! Of course if it isn't a only-staff feature; I would like to have it.

• EpisodeAron
              EpisodeAron commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes! That would be so cool!
          Working...
          X