Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Dara's HELP THREAD for Directing & Coding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help changing a characters appearance.
    How do I make one of the guys have bruises?
    How do I change hair/makeup?

Thank you!

Comment

• Dara Amarie
      Dara Amarie commented
      Editing a comment
      For the INK style, there is a bruised face called "Cade Bruised". You can change your male character's face to that with the code:
      @CHARACTER changes face into Cade Bruised

To change hair and makeup, this thread should help you: http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...-ink-limelight

• Miss Klee
      Miss Klee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Dara!

• Hi Dara Amarie , I still don't get the name display thing. I also would like to make the name editable. It doesn't work for me, here's what I wrote for now:

THE AUTHOR (talk_greet_neutral)
    Hi guys! It's me, the author!
    And you?

goto name_input

label name_input
    input What is your name? |What is your name?| Done(ARIA)

(My character's original name is Aria, just in case)

Comment

• Dara Amarie
      Dara Amarie commented
      Editing a comment
      Editable as in you want the reader to be able to go back and change the name if they didn't like the name they entered?

• Hey Dara. I like your new profile by the way.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could explain Universal Avatars for me? I tried re-reading it but it still confuses me a lot.

Comment

• Dara Amarie
      Dara Amarie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

So basically, instead of adding the whole customization template into your script, all you need to do is put "@CHARACTER goes to character avatar" into your script and that small code leads you to the avatar creator (the same place where you customize your profile character in the app). So you no longer need to add so much coding in your script.

Or if you just want your MC to look like the reader's already made profile character, just put "@CHARACTER becomes female profile" or "@CHARACTER becomes male profile" in your script. That way readers don't need to customize their character, and the MC of your story will look like the reader's profile character instead

• Chidimma
      Chidimma commented
      Editing a comment
      Dara Amarie What if they don't have a profile? Won't that cause some sort of glitch?
      And you're welcome.

• Dara Amarie
      Dara Amarie commented
      Editing a comment
      If they don't have a profile then the default limelight avatar will become the reader's character.

• Hi!! So with the spot directing I don't have any problem, but when I start my scene in zone 4 for example and the character is on zone 3, the character that was on a specific spot appears on zone 4 instead of zone 3. Doy you know how to solve that?

Comment

• Dara Amarie
      Dara Amarie commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you putting "in zone 3" in the spot code for the character? What does your script look like?

• Solete
      Solete commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, i think that is it. Thank you so much!!

• Hi! I was wondering if you by any chance had the script template I am looking for.
    I have seen in a lot of stories that when the character wants to choose something to wear they have the options "formal, casual, comfortable, etc" and when the choose that they can choose some outfit on the sub-menu.
    Doy you know how to do that?

Comment

• Dara Amarie
      Dara Amarie commented
      Editing a comment
      Solete Briana M.
      I don't have one right now but I can create a template for you both

• Briana M.
      Briana M. commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay Dara Amarie thank you.

• Solete
      Solete commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you! If you do please let me know.

• Bumping...

Comment

Working...
    X