Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Tips, Tricks, & Advice For New Or Soon To Be Authors

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to writing and I can not find how to make my character use her finger to make like quote gesture with them while talking?

Comment

• Apes
      Apes commented
      Editing a comment
      We have one available only for males, and it's talk_airquotes

• Nikita94
      Nikita94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, really needing one for a female, is there anything close to it for a female?

Hi Natalya, I was wondering if you could help me with how to make the main character customizable please? I am really clueless on how to do that. Thanks a mill!

Comment

You put a lot of effort into this! I needed this to help me remember how to use somethings. Thanks!

Comment

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5173979191050240 - Thanks for tips I used them! have a read peeps xxx
      epi: torix

Comment

• NATALYA
        NATALYA commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be sure to read your story sometime today!

• AnimationA
        AnimationA commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks hon x

This really helped, thank you!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I would like to make my characters walk and the background move at the same time, like they're really going somewhere. How is that possible?

Comment

• Starlight8
          Starlight8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I know that part, but what do you write to make it possible? I'm using INT. STAGE - DAY

• Apes
          Apes commented
          Editing a comment
          This is not a looping background.

• Starlight8
          Starlight8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, okay, I will come back later to discuss about that, I gotta sleep.

Katelynn keeps sitting above the chair instead of in it but Mark sits just fine. I tried switching their sides but it didn't make a difference. Do you know how to fix it? Here's what I did:

INT. COZY RESTAURANT - DAY
        @transition fade in black in 1
        #beat ends
        #beat starts

NARRATOR
        They almost didn't let us in but when we explained what happened they stepped aside and even offered a discount on whatever we wanted

#beat ends
        #beat starts
        @KATELYNN enters from left to screen left THEN KATELYNN is sit
        @MARK enters from left to screen right THEN MARK is sit THEN MARK faces left
        #beat ends
        #beat starts

Comment

• NATALYA
          NATALYA commented
          Editing a comment
          I've seen this with other stories, it's a glitch I think. Maybe try to see if anyone else is having this problem under the Report A Bug section. You might also want to try spot directing her.
          Last edited by NATALYA; 11-02-2017, 05:54 PM.

• Dara Amarie
          Dara Amarie commented
          Editing a comment

• Kate752
          Kate752 commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay thank you

How long does it take to write a relatively long episode with advanced directing, in your opinion?

Comment

• NATALYA
          NATALYA commented
          Editing a comment
          It really depends on your story, the choices, what you want to happen, if this or that happens, etc etc. It also depends on how fast of a writer you are.

I have a couple of questions, and they're slightly complicated...

1) I'm trying to provide a customisation page for my readers, but it's only showing up with a few options... Is there a way to obtain the full customisation preset, as used by most authors in episode, rather than the limited preset I've been given? The main character's name is MAIN.

2) What is the points system, and how do I implement it into my stories? I want to use it to build relationships with other characters in my story. (It was mentioned in season 2 of beyond the stage and it seemed like a really efficient idea.) Can I do this? If so, how?

Comment

• Ensignia
          Ensignia commented
          Editing a comment
          Edit: I've managed to get the full preset, but I still need help with the points system <3

• NATALYA
          NATALYA commented
          Editing a comment
          I will be honest, I'm yet to use the point system, but, I know how to. The point system is complex branching that uses points to basically keep scores on characters. I would suggest looking at a guide on a website by the Episode Knitters because they can explain it better than I can.

Here is the link to their website:
          https://episodeknitters.wordpress.co.../point-system/
          Last edited by NATALYA; 11-05-2017, 04:29 PM.

• Ensignia
          Ensignia commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks <3
          I've found a guide to help:
          http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...0-point-system

Hopefully people will see this guide for help

how do i make a character cook? also how do i make a character drink ? i'd like to know how to change the color of my story theme. any help please

Comment

• Catsie
          Catsie commented
          Editing a comment
          (If your story is ink) You could use tinker_loop_rear for cooking, for drinking you could use drink along with a prop. As for your story, you will need to make a new story called either Demi Lovato (for purple theme) or Mean Girls (for pink theme). I hope that helped.
          Last edited by Catsie; 11-12-2017, 05:22 PM.

Catsie thank you very much.

Comment

Love this! It's so thorough and will definitely help up and coming authors! :-)

Comment

Thank you so much you helped me so much!

Comment

Working...
            X