Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Tips, Tricks, & Advice For New Or Soon To Be Authors

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey! i'm trying to make a character drink but the red cup doesn't show up?
    eg: Char (talk_cup_neutral_loop)

Comment

LOL i'm so dumb I have to use a prop.
      But I don't really know how to use them so can please someone explain it to me? :')

Comment

• WinterMoon05
        WinterMoon05 commented
        Editing a comment
        To add a prop do:

@add Prop to CHARACTER

To remove a prop do:

@remove Prop from CHARACTER

(Obviously change ‘Prop’ to the name of your prop )

• ritamestre
        ritamestre commented
        Editing a comment
        WinterMoon05 thanks!!

• WinterMoon05
        WinterMoon05 commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem <3

I wanna have the Warning intro but I don't want to have any dialogue in there, so how can I just put it and then continue with the episode?

Comment

• WinterMoon05
        WinterMoon05 commented
        Editing a comment
        INT. WARNING THEMES - BOTH
        @pause for 10
        @transition fade out black in 2
        INT. BLUE - DAY

You can use pausing for however many beats you like. You can even add a choice to check the readers finished reading it. Sorry if this wasn’t what you were looking for.

• ritamestre
        ritamestre commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohhh niceee, I thought you always had to have at least 1 dialogue in each scene lol
        Thanks to you two <3

• WinterMoon05
        WinterMoon05 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, you don’t. And you’re welcome!

How does the outfit things work? (Not talking about choosing an outfit)
      Like I'm starting a scene and I want that character to be wearing that outfit, not the default one

Comment

• Cricket Master
        Cricket Master commented
        Editing a comment
        @CHARACTER changes into outfit

Srsly need help with making characters kiss!!

@JADE walks to upscreen left AND JAMES walks to upscreen right
      Jade faces right
      James faces left
      James is kiss_passionate_loop_rear
      Jade is kiss_passionate_loop

what did i do wrong?

Comment

• Zoe_Writes_Episodes
        Editing a comment
        Hey ritamestre try this code (letters are case sensitive)
        Jade walks to screen centre AND JAMES walks to upscreen right
        Jade faces right
        James faces left
        James is kiss_passionate_loop_rear
        Jade is kiss_passionate_loop

• ritamestre
        ritamestre commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey I already fixed it but thanks Hehe

I have another question tho.
        So i have this scene where they r kissing, and then transition fade out and another scene starts (at the school hallway)
        Jade (the girl character that was in the kissing scene before) is in that scene as well, and hmm I can't make her stop kissing LOL

• WinterMoon05
        WinterMoon05 commented
        Editing a comment
        @ritamestre

INT. NEW BACKGROUND - DAY
        &JADE stands screen right THEN JADE starts idle

(Change the positions and animation to what you want.)

I don't if it's just me but, I'm in the middle of a dialogue and the characters take so long to actually talk?
      Like Char1 says something and just 3 seconds after that the other character speaks. What am I doing wrong?

DAD (talk_neutral_loop)
      Good morning sweetie.
      @DAD is idle

MOM (talk_neutral_loop)
      Good morning dear! Did you sleep well?
      @MOM is idle

JADE (talk_neutral_loop)
      Yes mom, thanks.
      Jade is idle

Comment

• NATALYA
        NATALYA commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that may be because you have the @DAD is idle and @MOM and Jade is idle is idle commands after the dialogue. Try changing the @ to &, that way the characters should talk whilst other characters do animations at the same time

• ritamestre
        ritamestre commented
        Editing a comment
        NATALYA omg thank u so much ! This was really getting on my nerves Haha

• NATALYA
        NATALYA commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome! <3

What label do you use when you make the reader pick an outfit? It keeps on saying that the label "dressinggame" does not exist.

Comment

How do you put your story cover up on the story?

Comment

• Apes
        Apes commented
        Editing a comment
        Click on default cover on the main page of your story, it will take you to the page where you can upload your own covers

I need opinions ! I started writing my own story, and I chose Limelight to work with. But now, I'm not so sure !
      Limelight is the newest and doesn't have as much animations as Ink (i guess). But I really like Limelight characters tho.

Do I continue in Limelight or I create a new one in Ink? Plsss helpppp

Comment

• NATALYA
        NATALYA commented
        Editing a comment
        Do what you feel is best. Limelight has a lot more animations and clothes than INK and I know they'll keep on adding more Limelight stuff, while with INK they've kind of neglected it. And if you say you like LL characters, then go for it!

Ya girl need another opinion. :,)

I know the 'Customize Character' is really famous and everyone says you will get more reads because of that, but I don't really think that's true. If the storyline sucks but you can customize your characters, it doesn't really matters, I mean... what do you think?

So, as you all know (because I ask SO MANY DAMN QUESTIONS HERE) i'm writing a story, and I'm not giving the option to customize characters, because i imagined my characters as they are (i know this is what everyone says), and through the story they will have some changes (hair colors,etc), but right now I'm not really sure if I should give that option or not. Pls help me haha

Comment

• Starmoji1
        Starmoji1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Whatever you think is best. I personally don't have custom characters in the story I'm writing, and it doesn't change a thing.
        Personally, I wouldn't do it. Mainly because cc require you thinking of a million ethnics, and they always say that the character noticeably blushes (as a black girl, I don't even think I'm capable of blushing, or at least that hard.) To put it simply, cc stories are kinda unbelievable to certain races, and let's be honest, they're overrated. Now you don't have to listen to me, but that's just my thought. Don't want or don't need, then don't do.

• ritamestre
        ritamestre commented
        Editing a comment
        Starmoji1 Yeah.. I think the same way so I won't be putting CC. Thanks for the reply <3

• Starmoji1
        Starmoji1 commented
        Editing a comment
        ritamestre You're Welcome

Hi! If you could help me with something that would be great! How do you get a character to do a movement or a behaviour without taking?

Ex:
      Noah_think

Noah faces screen left

Noah (wave_extreme)

How do I fix this so that he does these movements without talking?

Comment

• Cricket Master
        Cricket Master commented
        Editing a comment
        Noah is think
        Alternatively
        Noah starts think
        Sorry for tagging you, Noah.

Hi! How do you allow the reader to customize their character in the beginning of the story? Ex: hair, eyes, nose etc

Comment

• WinterMoon05
        WinterMoon05 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a script template for Ink, although not for Limelight. If you’re using Limelight, I would visit Joseph Evans website Episode Life or there’s a new way to do it for Limelight (http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...avatar-is-here). People on the forums have made templates already aswell. Hope this helps.

Sorry for all the questions but does anyone know how to add tattoos to your character?

Comment

• Cricket Master
        Cricket Master commented
        Editing a comment
        I know there are tattoos under the female accessories in Classic, but I don't know about the other styles.

• WinterMoon05
        WinterMoon05 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are tattoos for males in Ink, under clothing. I think it’s called Lady Rose Tattoo. There are none for female in Ink yet and none at all that I know of for Limelight.

• Ryan
        Ryan commented
        Editing a comment
        You can also lend your support and input to this feature request for tattoos! http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...eature-tattoos ✌️

Thank you !

Comment

I'm stuck. I'm writing a new episode and in my previous episode I let the readers choose their characters look but when I made a new episode it just went back to the default look. Help, ASAP please!

Comment

• NATALYA
          NATALYA commented
          Editing a comment
          When you played through the episode, did you customize the character yourself? It will reset the characters back to their defaults sometimes when you preview episodes. But it should save reader's choices.
      Working...
      X