Question Regarding Content..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Content..

Hello! I really hope this is the right place to post this.

So, I want to make a story based off of a roleplay with a friend. However, this roleplay takes place in the Supernatural universe (the TV show). It barely includes characters from the actual show (and in the story, it wouldn't at all), and the main characters in the story are original. The only thing that they have to do with the show is the type of creature they are.
    This story would NOT include any of the characters from the show, save for a mention of their names.

So, my question..
    Is this okay to publish? I'm a little unclear on Episode's guidelines regarding this content. If anyone could please clear this up for me, that would be awesome. Thank you so much!

I'd say this is a great question to ask our support team, so I strongly suggest submitting a ticket. If you're unclear about what is and isn't allowed, it's always best to contact Episode directly and discuss this with a support agent.

I've personally never seen much of the show, but from what I've seen/heard, most (if not all) of the creatures featured in the show are creatures that already exist in the real world. I don't necessarily mean werewolves and vampires and demons exist, but they exist in folklore, legends, and fairy tales around the world. Chances are, the creature(s) you're contemplating featuring in your story most likely won't prove to have any copyright issues.

Again, it's always best to double-check with Episode directly, so be sure to follow that link I gave you and submit a ticket describing which aspects of the show you might reference. They'll be able to confirm or deny if it breaks the guidelines or not.

Have a good one,
    Ashlynn

Comment

If you want to ensure this will be alright, I highly suggest contacting episode team first - here
      Then you know for sure

Comment

Working...
      X