Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Having an Overlay problem * Help! :S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having an Overlay problem * Help! :S

This is so basic but I can't seem to get it right. I'm using the ice cream parlor background and I can't get the characters to stand in front of the counter no matter in which layer I put them (ZONE 3). And I don't have any script errors to know what I'm doing wrong.

This is how the script looks like:

INT. ICE CREAM PARLOR - DAY
    @zoom reset
    @speechbubble reset
    &pan to zone 3 in 9.3
    &RANDOM1 spot 1.2 118 57 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND RANDOM1 faces left AND RANDOM1 is idle_notepad
    &RANDOM7 spot .98 89 165 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND RANDOM7 faces right AND RANDOM7 is eat_cupcake
    &RANDOM8 spot .98 165 165 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND RANDOM8 faces left AND RANDOM8 is eat_cupcake
    &RANDOM9 spot 1.2 85 120 in zone 3 at layer 3 AND RANDOM9 faces right AND RANDOM9 is rear
    &RANDOM10 spot 1.2 235 120 in zone 3 at layer 3 AND RANDOM10 faces left AND RANDOM10 is rock_baby_prop_loop
    @add Yellow Baby Bundle to RANDOM10
    &RANDOM12 spot .69 140 90 in zone 3 at layer 4 AND RANDOM12 faces right AND RANDOM12 is eat_cupcake

*INK*

Thank you in advance!

You need to layer the overlay.

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAY at layer #

And since the overlay is part of the background, use the background name as the overlay:

INT. ICE CREAM PARLOR - DAY with INT. ICE CREAM PARLOR - DAY at layer #

Comment

• Jane Vent
      Jane Vent commented
      Editing a comment
      Dara Amarie Thank you so much! you're amazing I just assumed that the default layer was 1 or something like that and didn't know about using the background name as the name of the overlay. Thank you!!
Working...
X