Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Having an Overlay problem * Help! :S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having an Overlay problem * Help! :S

This is so basic but I can't seem to get it right. I'm using the ice cream parlor background and I can't get the characters to stand in front of the counter no matter in which layer I put them (ZONE 3). And I don't have any script errors to know what I'm doing wrong.

This is how the script looks like:

INT. ICE CREAM PARLOR - DAY
    @zoom reset
    @speechbubble reset
    &pan to zone 3 in 9.3
    &RANDOM1 spot 1.2 118 57 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND RANDOM1 faces left AND RANDOM1 is idle_notepad
    &RANDOM7 spot .98 89 165 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND RANDOM7 faces right AND RANDOM7 is eat_cupcake
    &RANDOM8 spot .98 165 165 in zone 1 at layer 2 AND RANDOM8 faces left AND RANDOM8 is eat_cupcake
    &RANDOM9 spot 1.2 85 120 in zone 3 at layer 3 AND RANDOM9 faces right AND RANDOM9 is rear
    &RANDOM10 spot 1.2 235 120 in zone 3 at layer 3 AND RANDOM10 faces left AND RANDOM10 is rock_baby_prop_loop
    @add Yellow Baby Bundle to RANDOM10
    &RANDOM12 spot .69 140 90 in zone 3 at layer 4 AND RANDOM12 faces right AND RANDOM12 is eat_cupcake

*INK*

Thank you in advance!

You need to layer the overlay.

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY with OVERLAY at layer #

And since the overlay is part of the background, use the background name as the overlay:

INT. ICE CREAM PARLOR - DAY with INT. ICE CREAM PARLOR - DAY at layer #

Comment

• Jane Vent
      Jane Vent commented
      Editing a comment
      Dara Amarie Thank you so much! you're amazing I just assumed that the default layer was 1 or something like that and didn't know about using the background name as the name of the overlay. Thank you!!
Working...
X