Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Need HELP with animated overlay!! :S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need HELP with animated overlay!! :S

So, this is my first time trying to incorporate an animated overlay to my story, I've read the animated section in the guide but there are some things that I'm trying to do that are not explained in it (or may not be as clear to me as I thought). I'm trying to make the CAR SIDE LIMO ride in and then stop in front of the hotel. This is how my script (for this scene) looks like:

EXT. JUVIE BELLVUE HOTEL ENTRANCE - DAY
    @zoom reset
    &DOORMAN spot .25 85 450 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND DOORMAN faces right
    &EMMA spot .25 210 455 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND EMMA faces left AND EMMA is idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop
    &PAPARAZZI1 spot .25 120 445 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND PAPARAZZI1 faces left AND PAPARAZZI1 is takephoto_camera_happy_loop
    &PAPARAZZI6 spot .26 150 450 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND PAPARAZZI6 faces left AND PAPARAZZI6 is takephoto_camera_happy
    &PAPARAZZI4 spot .24 179 447 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND PAPARAZZI4 faces left AND PAPARAZZI4 is takephoto_camera_happy_loop
    &PAPARAZZI5 spot .25 235 450 in zone 1 at layer 1 AND PAPARAZZI5 faces left AND PAPARAZZI5 is takephoto_camera_happy_loop
    &PAPARAZZI9 spot .25 290 450 in zone 1 at layer 0 AND PAPARAZZI9 faces left AND PAPARAZZI9 is takephoto_camera_happy_loop

@pause for 0.7

NARR
    30 minutes later.
    &overlay CAR SIDE LIMO create
    &overlay CAR SIDE LIMO shifts to -10 20 in 5.5 using easeinout
    &overlay CAR SIDE LIMO scales to 1.5 1.2 in 5.4
    &overlay CAR SIDE LIMO rotates -6 anchor point 0 -0.2 in 5.5
    &overlay CAR SIDE LIMO opacity 1

Now, my questions are: how can I make it seen as the limo goes in the background slowly? And what can I do to make the limo in layer 3? Because I'm trying to add characters (paparazzi) as shown in the first picture. I got the limo to stand in a somewhat okay position, so if someone can explain to me how to get it to ride up that point or even a little further that would be amazing!

Thank you in advance!!

You need to first place the overlay offscreen, then shift it to the spot in the scene. To layer the overlay, use the code

@overlay OVERLAY to layer #

Comment

• Jane Vent
      Jane Vent commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you so much!!! 😊😊
Working...
X