Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Layering bug in certain scenes. Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layering bug in certain scenes. Help!

I think there is a bug in my layering. In 2 of my scenes, I had one character at layer 0 and another at layer 1, but the character at layer 0 would be in front of the character(s) at layer 1. I tried to change layer 0 to layer -1, but that didn't help at all. What do I do?
    Attached Files

This may be something to ask those who often help others in the "Directing Help & Tips" section. I'll move your topic/thread over to that area of the forums, and hopefully someone will be able to provide some insight into this!

Comment

It's best to place characters at the beginning of the scene and layer them there. When you have a character enter the scene using the "enters from left/right to screen ----" command, the character automatically gets bumped to the very front layer. So you should place the waiter offscreen in the beginning of the scene where you layer him at layer 0, then have him walk to screen center later on.

Comment

• kahotshot
        kahotshot commented
        Editing a comment
        I just tried that. It didn't work. He'll still be in front of the main characters no matter how may times I put "@WAITER moves to layer 0".

• Dara Amarie
        Dara Amarie commented
        Editing a comment
        You're gonna have to make your characters walk to spots then. The "walk to screen position" command seems to bump them to the top layer once they're done walking. Try:

@WAITER walks to spot 1.28 160 0

• kahotshot
        kahotshot commented
        Editing a comment
        I put him walking to a spot position and it looks like he actually stayed in the correct layer. Thank you.
    Working...
    X