Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

How to delete a story?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete a story?

How do you delete a story?

You can't :/

Comment

There is no way to delete a story!

Comment

Your best bet is to go into each episode and delete the text, then change the story title to "Deleted." Hopefully they'll add support to delete unwanted Episodes, soon

Comment

I already sent my story in to be publish but I decided I don't like it. How do I delete it

Comment

You can't delete a story if it's been published or shared.
            Please read this guide.

Comment

Hi, and thanks to all of you to try to help me *or just find out* of how to delete a story.
            I have created a story, but now I find it really boring (yeah, I find my very own story boring. Curious, right?). My story has, so far, 4 chapters, and no plot *I swear, no plot at all*. In my story, you're just a rich girl assisting to middle school, who has a terribly annoying sister and two parents strict as militars; while in school you have only two friends, who the first day they became BFF (kind of really accelerated); one of them is a stupid blonde, and the other one is a smart ginger who is always babysitting (maybe?) the blonde, to watch out if she's doing some stuff that could just kill all of them *I'm just pointing out the hair colour as a way to identify the girls, I'm not saying that all blondes are dumb and all gingers are some smart nerds*. ANYWAY, and finally back to our main theme, I want to know how to delete my story. Please help ASAP.

Thanks to all you, all help is appreciated.

Comment

• WL.
              WL. commented
              Editing a comment
              Please read the directing FAQ and search for an answer before starting a new thread.
              Only start a new thread when you cannot find an answer. This question is listed in the FAQ, and there's also a link to this thread there.

If you have anything else you wish to clarify please also post on the existing (i.e. this) thread instead of a new one.

Thanks.

• Paris.Writing
              Paris.Writing commented
              Editing a comment
              Carocarolina26 If you don't like you're story and want to write another you can delete the codings and change the title.

And maybe, how to delete an unpublished and unshared episode?

Comment

• WL.
              WL. commented
              Editing a comment
              It's okay. Just be aware and don't do it again. Or try your best not to, anyway. I know stuff happens sometimes.

I'm sorry that I seem very harsh, but there was a recent case where a user blatantly ignored the rules despite repeated reminders and warnings. You definitely will be given chances and reminded a few times before anything bad happens.

• Carocarolina26
              Carocarolina26 commented
              Editing a comment
              By the way, can you give me a link of some thread that explains the advanced character placement (like with complicated spots like "CHARACTER is in 23.234.38320 spot 0.4" or whatever, the Episode's guides didn't really fill me up with the information I need.

• Cassie0
              Cassie0 commented
              Editing a comment
              @Carocarolina26
              http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...questions-here
              Check this link out and hopefully you find what you need.

How do you delete your story? I want to delete my bad ones but I can't because it won't let me.

Anyone who helps will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

If my story is not published or shared (https://pg-story.appspot.com/write/story/Derp_t) there should be a delete button right?

Comment

• WL.
              WL. commented
              Editing a comment
              The link can only be viewed by someone with access to your account, so posting that link doesn't really help.
              But it could be because the delete functionality is currently messed up due to the new update, according to what Cass has said.

Originally posted by Cass View Post
              3) It does sound like this new version messed up our Delete functionality a bit, but the devs are taking a look at it now and we'll bring it back soon (how soon depends on how complicated the bug is - could be in the next day or two, could take a week or two. I'll keep you posted).

I literally just clicked New episode, It's completely blank. I can't even delete it. What's up with that?!
            https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/story/Derp_t/4

Comment

Do you know of any way to delete a story? I mistakenly created one that I now want to erse.

Comment

• WL.
                WL. commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi, and welcome to the forums. I've merged your thread with the existing one. In future, please read the directing FAQ (it's a Sticky on the first page of the directing forum) and search for related topics before you create a new topic. You should only create a new topic if you cannot find an existing one related to the question you wish to ask. This particular thread is listed in the FAQ.

Thanks!

If you didn't create a new episode in it, you should be able to see a red delete button on the top right corner above the "Check Fanmail" button.
              If you made a new episode, I'm afraid you can't delete it. At least for now. They said they're working on fixing this in the future.

Comment

The title tells you everything.How do you delete stories in epsisode writer's portal? I don't know how to delete them.Please help! Thanks!

Comment

• WL.
                  WL. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi,

Please read the directing FAQ and search for an answer before starting a new thread in future. This question's listed in the FAQ. Also, please check when you make a new topic that it's not a duplicate, even if you get some error the first time. More often than not, the post actually goes through despite the message saying otherwise. You accidentally created two topics on this, one of which I've deleted.

Thanks!

http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...delete-a-story

There's already a thread on this. You can find the answers there

Comment

Working...
                X