No announcement yet.

How to run fast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! I didn't know about the "stands position" part. I'll use that!

Comment

Oh ok . I tried haha

Comment

Glad I could help.

Comment

How do I run faster and still follow the character? (at the same time)
          I still don't know how to run faster.
          Someone please help.

Comment

Sorry, that's not possible. However, you can do:
            @CHARACTER runs offscreen right faster (for the character to exit right), and offscreen left for the characer to exit left.
            However, you cannot run and follow at the same time. Sorry about that.

Comment

Actually, there is a way.

@follow CHARACTER to screen POSITION in zone # AND CHARACTER is running

It works better on a looping background though, since your character only has to do the running action.

Comment

Both are correct. Caroline is right in a way, because if you want a character to run FASTER, then you cannot follow the character. But, if you want to follow the character running at a normal speed, Mooshoo is correct.

Comment

Hey,
                  I've been seeing people running faster than normal in some stories (like the Captain's daughter ....)
                  How can I make that?
                  Thanks!

Comment

• WL.
                    WL. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In future, please search for answers before posting a new topic.
                    Thanks!

I've merged your thread with the others.

Thanks for bringing this to the top KP. This might prove useful in my current story!

Comment

LOL OH yeah! this works SO much better!

Comment

@CHARACTER runs to POSITION faster

Comment

There is also another command:

@CHARACTER enters from POSITION to POSITION in INSERT AMOUNT OF SECONDS HERE

If you want to adjust it to your own speed. If you want someone to run a tiny bit faster than someone else, make the amount of seconds in the 0.9s section.

Even at 0.99 it seems too quick though...
                        Last edited by tastypastryparty; 05-24-2016, 02:57 PM. Reason: realization

Comment

I was wondering if there was a specific coding method for running faster that could be used in the Episode Ink style. I have tried the codes listed in this thread, but all of them end up bringing up coding errors.

Comment

• ENIOLA
                            ENIOLA commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm having the exact same issue!

So I tried every command listed here and none work for my ink style story. I was wondering if there had been any recent commands to make your character run faster I've seen it in so many recent ink style stories so I know it's possible.

Comment

• luvbird4evaWRITE
                            luvbird4evaWRITE commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If you use spot directing,you can control how long it takes a character to get to a spot.

To make a character move to a position at a certain speed, use this code:
                          @CHARACTER walks to POSITION in TIME
                          or
                          @CHARACTER runs to POSITION in TIME

TIME is the amount of time (in seconds) you want it to take for the character to move to whatever position. It can be anything.

Hope that helps let me know if you have any other questions!

Comment

• Mia_Tumblr
                            Mia_Tumblr commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Doesn't work

• annafh
                            annafh commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hmm... maybe an example would help. Try something like this:
                            #Make sure the character has already been placed in a position!
                            @CHARACTER walks to screen right in 1 AND CHARACTER does it while run <-- depending on the animation style, the animation might be different!
                            or
                            @CHARACTER runs to screen right in 1
                        Working...
                        X