Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

How do you make characters walk & talk at the same time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make characters walk & talk at the same time?

Hi, I'm looking for the commands to make them walk & talk at the same time? I saw it in a story once and was wondering.
    Also, I think I saw a tutorial for it but I can't find it. Thanks

There's the command talkneutral_walk or you can use the command @CHARACTER walks to position AND CHARACTER is talk

Comment

@follow CHARACTER to screen position in zone # AND CHARACTER is talkneutral_walk

CHARACTER
      I'm talking AND walking. MAGIC!

(Might work)

Works better with looping backgrounds though, since normal ones only have 3-4 zones. But you can't have 2 or more characters walking and talking at the same time, though. It can only work on looping backgrounds.

Comment

thanks, ill try that

Comment

So if you use a looping background, what zone do you have to use to make them walk continuously? I mean : "@follow CHARACTER to screen position in zone #" (what is that "#"?)
          Please help :3
          I'm like really new lol

Comment

• Joycepisode
            Joycepisode commented
            Editing a comment
            @follow CHARACTER that you will follow the character to a different zone and zone # is the zone number 1,2,3, etc.

@CHARACTER1 enters from left to screen right and CHARACTER1 does it while walk
          @CHARACTER2 enters from left to screen left and CHARACTER2 does it while walk
          @CHARACTER1 is talkneutral_walk and CHARACTER2 is talkneutral_walk

This will do the thing
          P.S. Make sure you are using a LOOP backround.

Comment

How do we know we are using a Loop Background?

I was trying to do something like..

EXT. URBAN STREET - NIGHT

NARRATOR
            I waited a bit thinking that maybe he will wait for me.. maybe talk to me and get my number.
            He didn't. At least, there was no sight of him anywhere.

@KRISTINE enters from left to screen left

KRISTINE (talkneutral_walk)
            (Hmm.. Maybe that was all just my imagination then..)

For some reason - my character was walking and talking the background isn't moving, lol...

Comment

• CynthiaStacy
              CynthiaStacy commented
              Editing a comment
              It will say "loop". Like INT. FASHION HALL - LOOP.

Thank You Cynthia!

I actually thought the "LO" - was meaning for LOOP - didn't realized it has to be LOOP - itself... got it, thank you!

Comment

Use the code (walk_talk_happy) or (walk_talk_phone) <---if you're character is using a phone while walking.

Comment

You need to use the animation talk_walk_neutral.

Comment

Oh I was looking for this thread, I was posted my "walk and talk" post this morning. I'm trying to have the NARRATOR talk while my character is walking. Is that possible? Thanks.

Comment

Is there a different code for this - with the INK version?

Comment

I'm really confused on how to do the walk and talk command. I think I have the INK version. When I make my character walk and set the behavior to a talking one at the same time, she just glides while moving her mouth and then the speaking bubble still doesn't show until she's done gliding. It's so confusing. Help!

Comment

Kimmy_Marie126 msaishakristine alix_ranaye I'm pretty sure you can do this:
                        &CHARACTER walks to x y z
                        CHARACTER (walk_talk_happy)
                        Bla bla bla.

or

&CHARACTER walks to spot x y z AND CHARACTER is walk_sad
                        NARRATOR
                        Bla bla bla.

I hope this helped!

Comment

How do I get a character to talk and exit off the screen at the same time, But when the character exits the screen the speech bubble is still on the screen to read? Please help, people have recently been putting this in their stories!

Comment

• Dara Amarie
                            Dara Amarie commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Have them exit and do the action "walk_talk_happy" at the same time, then use the ampersand sign, &, instead of the at-sign, @.

&CHARACTER exits left and CHARACTER is walk_talk_happy

CHARACTER
                            Blah blah blah.
                        Working...
                        X