Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot directing in different zones (Guide)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been eyeing this thread & guide for a bit. Thanks to EpisodeMichelle for taking the time to compile, develop, create and maintain this. It seems to have been very beneficial to lot's of authors. I have gone ahead and stickied this in the Directing Help & Tips section.

Comment

• EpisodeMichelle
      EpisodeMichelle commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jeremy! Glad some users are finding it helpful.

thank you so much for sharing this. I was so glad when I figured this out a while ago... Although I do it a bit of a different way. I just zoom the scene out, throw the character where i want it, record the numbers and bam You know, because I'm not mathy... lol

Comment

• EpisodeMichelle
      Editing a comment
      I do that sometimes too! Good tip.

Why didn't I think of this before? Thank you so much! You've just saved me from TONS of horribly directed scenes.

Comment

• EpisodeMichelle
      Editing a comment
      No problem! Happy directing

I want for my characters to be kissing while the transition fade in is happening but my characters are poping after the transition is done someone please help me!!!

Comment

• Dara Amarie
      Dara Amarie commented
      Editing a comment
      Use the ampersand sign &, not the at sign @, and put the kissing commands before the transition.

&CHARACTER blah blah
      @transition fade in

• Gabriela K
      Gabriela K commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much

All I did was this:

INT. WHATEVER SCENE - NIGHT/DAY
    &zoom reset and speechbubble reset and cut to zone 1
    &CHARACTER spot .758 -200 420 in zone 1 and CHARACTER moves to layer []
    @CHARACTER walks to spot .758 120 420 in [] and CHARACTER moves to layer []

&pan to zone 3 in []
    @CHARACTER walks to spot .758 760 420 in [] and CHARACTER moves to layer []

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just make sure to add 320 on the number in red to go to zone 2 (if your character is already in zone 1) and 640 to go to zone 3 (if your character is already in zone 1). And make sure you type the same time where I the brackets in blue to make it go in synchronized.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Can someone help me out here? I can get the characters to go to the spots I want them to, but one character, no matter what I do, keeps turning into a giantess. I've fiddled around with the directing helper so many times, but it remains the same in the preview. A little help please?

Comment

• WolfGamerGirl37
          WolfGamerGirl37 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you using the phone editor or the writer portal on the computer to make your story?

• Emeryael
          Emeryael commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm using the portal on the computer.

• WolfGamerGirl37
          WolfGamerGirl37 commented
          Editing a comment
          I read something about you can change the height by changing the 250 part of 1. 250 80 0. I can't remember where I saw it but it was in one of the sticky notes in Directing help and tips forum.
      Working...
      X