Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visually Unappealing

This has bothered me since Season 1 Episode 1 in the Mean Girl series

While I like how much the characters match their movie counterparts kinda well and that I almost like that the the cast has their own art style.

I just feel that when standing next to the characters that are in an INK style, it's just visually unappealing. They are so different in proportions and art styles, MC's head is HUGE compared to Regina and co's.

I have the hardest time believing they are supposed to be in the same world.

The classic style would almost look better next to the cast's characters, for this particular series.
    Last edited by DisneyFreak21; 08-14-2016, 01:40 PM. Reason: I felt I wasn't getting my point across, I hope this helps

I have actually thought that the Episode Mean Girls Regina looks the least like her movie counterpart. They did nail Gretchen, Cady, Aaron, Janis and Damian.

But Regina...

And Karen...

Do they look the same to you?

I do think that Regina and Karen in app are actually less appealing than in the movie.
    Last edited by Lelya; 08-14-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• DisneyFreak21
      DisneyFreak21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, I fixed my article, hope it makes more sense now.
      I will admit they look very similar to their movie counterparts.
      I just mean the two different art styles look weird when put together

I think they nailed it when it comes to all characters in the app, no complaints there.

However, I believe that INK Characters are visually unappealing, especially when paired with any of the mean girl characters. I think they need to touch up INK Characters a bit, in general, to make them look more realistic. I've seen some of Episode's Instagram/Twitter posts as well as advertising and characters look nowhere near as good.

Comment

Yes, my problem might have been comparing actor photos and art style... but something in me still says that some minor details could have been done better. But what comes to face in art, minor details can make a major difference.

My main issue with Ink style is this...

While it's more realistic than Classic, some proportions, as you can see, are way off. Maybe that's what your brain is trying to say is wrong.

And the guy on the right has an average body. When you compare an Ink avatar to something like this, the difference is even bigger.
      Last edited by Lelya; 08-14-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Irishprincess
        Irishprincess commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to say Ink was what brought me back into Episode. The guys in Classic have weird mouths, and creepy eyes. Their clothes never fit right. The girls are really weird. I know that Classic has it's own fan base, but to me Ink just looks better. I can't even finish a story in the Classic style. The guys creep me out.

• NatalieJade
        NatalieJade commented
        Editing a comment
        exactly! Irishprincess I feel that the looks of INK characters (especially the males) have a much more personal touch than Classic characters. Afterall, the classic guys only had three skin tones!

• Lelya
        Lelya commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried to find another picture of a male model to match the Ink posture exactly, but it's hard (but I won't be denying that it's been fun).

True, true, I feel the same way - original characters look better. But I have to say, I think Regina and Karen are made recognisable - they used some of main features without copying them completely. That's enough for me.
      But huge heads of INK characters, them being a bit bigger than classics, that makes it a bit confusing.

Comment

Totally agree. The Mean Girls characters heads are waay smaller. And I don't like how Regina and Karen look I'm a fan of both Amanda Seyfried and Rachel McAdams and it hurts me to see how ugly they're portrayed in Episode. I do like how Janis and Gretchen look, however.
        But on the other hand, the size of their heads is more realistic and I like how they have more variety in face features. This is something that could be brought to Ink style.
        I also noticed that in Sorority Rush they made different bodies for Cameron and Micah, I think they even have different height. I hope this feature will be available for all other stories.

Comment

• DisneyFreak21
          DisneyFreak21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well for Cameron and Micah's height all they did was spot them, which us users can do but it becomes such a hassle to constantly spot them

I hope one day the team makes it easier by letting us choose the height of the character

• lovelive_princess
          lovelive_princess commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with the both of you.

It bothers me too especially after the demi story's where the demi character looks like she fits with the other ink characters. I had to stop reading mean girls it bothered me so much. I think they should have made all the characters match the mean girls main characters or make them look like normal ink characters.

Comment

• DisneyFreak21
          DisneyFreak21 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the HARDEST time believing we're from the MC and other characters are from the same world as the mean girl characters. Just yuck

Yeah, the difference between INK and Mean girls style bothered me too. My character looked like a Bratz standing next to them!

Comment

• DisneyFreak21
          DisneyFreak21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh my god that's hilarious! I didn't even think of that! I totally see it now

Mean girls are the barbies and the INK characters are bratz

• Zaraemilia
          Zaraemilia commented
          Editing a comment
          I know right XD

Honestly, I think Regina is ugly, but the rest? It's alright. Yes of course, the INK characters and the Mean Girls Characters might look weird together, but I got used to it.
        They should create prettier boys, though. Micah? Ew. Cam? Not the apple of my eye. Ugh.

Comment

• DisneyFreak21
          DisneyFreak21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly with cam the only thing that bugged me was his nose.

I don't think they nailed Regina at all. She looks really ugly to be honest, her nose is off proportion, and looks way too big, very unlike Regina's movie counterpart. Regina is supposed to be gorgeous, but I had a hard time believing she could be considered a looker over even Gretchen.

Regina's look bugged me throughout the games.

Comment

I think that they didn't get all of the characters right, but I do think they at least nailed a few of the characters. Like, one or two, but still they at least got Janice somewhat right.

Comment

I was blown away by how SHOCKINGLY SIMILAR Cady in Episode App to how Lindsay Lohan looked in Mean Girls. Damian and Janis are SHOCKINGLY SIMILAR too.

Comment

Seems like you are such a big fan of this series,huh? Would you consider yourself a critique? You have a great observation

Comment

I agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                X