Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Overlay won't appear! Help, please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlay won't appear! Help, please!

I've been getting this problem a lot of times now, and even if I restarted the app, it still won't appear!
    I wanted to animate a custom overlay of mine that I have uploaded and made in Photoshop, written in .png format.

When I tried out other overlays (the ones that are originally made from Episode i.g. CAR BUG REAR), they, too, won't appear when I test it out on the app!
    This was the code I was inputting when I was trying to test it out:

INT. WHITE - DAY

@overlay DIAGONALBOX create
    @overlay DIAGONALBOX shifts to 140 240
    @overlay DIAGONALBOX scales to 0.7 0.7
    @overlay DIAGONALBOX opacity 1

NARR
    To be continued...

Note that the overlay is custom-made and made by me. The overlay, though, won't seem to appear from that, so I decided to test it out again on a different code:

INT. WHITE - DAY with DIAGONALBOX in zone 1 at layer 1

NARR
    To be continued...

The same problem occurs. The Episode-made overlays are affected, too.

Some screenshots:
    capture-20171112-225020.png
    capture-20171112-225319.png

As you can see, no overlays appear. Just the narrator dialogue. If you think the screenshots are edited, they're not.

That's all the evidence I could show. I could try and record it to further prove it, but downloading screen recording programs are a hassle for me. Plus, they take up too much space.
    If anyone knows the solution to this, please let me know!

Overlays don't work with "INT. WHITE - DAY" or "INT. BLACK - NIGHT" backgrounds. You will need to upload your own white background and add overlays to that.

Comment

• Matryoshka
      Matryoshka commented
      Editing a comment
      Really? I didn't know that! Thanks for the help!
Working...
X