Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Overlay won't appear! Help, please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlay won't appear! Help, please!

I've been getting this problem a lot of times now, and even if I restarted the app, it still won't appear!
    I wanted to animate a custom overlay of mine that I have uploaded and made in Photoshop, written in .png format.

When I tried out other overlays (the ones that are originally made from Episode i.g. CAR BUG REAR), they, too, won't appear when I test it out on the app!
    This was the code I was inputting when I was trying to test it out:

INT. WHITE - DAY

@overlay DIAGONALBOX create
    @overlay DIAGONALBOX shifts to 140 240
    @overlay DIAGONALBOX scales to 0.7 0.7
    @overlay DIAGONALBOX opacity 1

NARR
    To be continued...

Note that the overlay is custom-made and made by me. The overlay, though, won't seem to appear from that, so I decided to test it out again on a different code:

INT. WHITE - DAY with DIAGONALBOX in zone 1 at layer 1

NARR
    To be continued...

The same problem occurs. The Episode-made overlays are affected, too.

Some screenshots:
    capture-20171112-225020.png
    capture-20171112-225319.png

As you can see, no overlays appear. Just the narrator dialogue. If you think the screenshots are edited, they're not.

That's all the evidence I could show. I could try and record it to further prove it, but downloading screen recording programs are a hassle for me. Plus, they take up too much space.
    If anyone knows the solution to this, please let me know!

Overlays don't work with "INT. WHITE - DAY" or "INT. BLACK - NIGHT" backgrounds. You will need to upload your own white background and add overlays to that.

Comment

• Matryoshka
      Matryoshka commented
      Editing a comment
      Really? I didn't know that! Thanks for the help!
Working...
X