Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

New forum for portal issues!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. I am actually done with Episode 6 and 7 of my story: Pregnant By The Royal.
    The problem is, i tried to click update so both episodes would be downloaded, and they dont work.

Question:
    I tried to move some parts of Ep 7 to make Ep 6 longer, but it still doesnt update. Do i need to finish Ep 7 before i can update them or can i just update the 6th for publishing?
    I know ep 7 wouldnt work now because i cut a big chunk of it for ep 6. but still not updating. please help me out

Comment

• Lacey Woods
      Lacey Woods commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm so sorry, i dont know the issue, i would open a ticket. Although im not sure how: ( Are there any errors in the story? I know you cant update. with any errors.

• mixxotrophic
      mixxotrophic commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Lacey thanks for the reply. It took me 2 days to figure it out. I was desperate so i had to restart my browser. And it worked.
      Sad for me since i moved like a big chunk of episode 7 to episode 6. But no errors.. i just messed up the length thinking it would never work lol.
      Thank you thank you lots!

• Lacey Woods
      Lacey Woods commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, I try to help.

Hi I just recently started writing a story yesterday and I've published it and when today I decided I wanted to do a tester story since I'm still new to all the coding etc.. but I deleted the second story cuz I didn't feel like doing it anymore and now my first story isn't showing up..I logged into the episode app on my phone and In the create tab My first story is still there but on my computer it's not showing up..is it gone completely? Because I thought it was and I started a new story and started rewriting it today...is there any way to find my original story maybe?

Comment

• Lacey Woods
      Lacey Woods commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never had that problem, you may have accidentally deleted the wrong one. If it's gone I think it's permanent, always back up your script in word pad or Microsoft word etc.

I can't click on most of the buttons. I want to create a story, but it never registers that I've clicked the button. Most of the buttons are also like this. I've refreshed the page, I've restarted my computer, and I know it's not my internet or my mouse. Please help me out as soon as you can. I'm just starting out on this site and would love to get to writing my first story as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Lacey Woods
      Lacey Woods commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you click start new story?
      That is the button you want to hit.
      After you make your title, and characters, then I would read all the guides before you begin.

Hi, I've been trying to make a new story but i cant see anything on the preview section when creating the characters. its just an empty gray box where the character preview should be. please help!!

Comment

• Lacey Woods
      Lacey Woods commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at the bottom. There should be a way to choose classic, or INK.
      I think after you choose style it should work?
      If it doesn't you should report it on the official page to report bugs so a moderator can help.
      I think you have to fill out a ticket.
      Last edited by Lacey Woods; 11-28-2016, 02:50 AM.

Hi! I am on my third episode and trying to publish my final episode, but I am getting this super annoying error about my outfit not existing, when i literally deleted it, remade the outfit, and refreshed the page about a hundred time. someone help please?

Comment

• Lacey Woods
      Lacey Woods commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe rename the outfit?

• JoJoEpisode
      JoJoEpisode commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had this problem before, I usually refreshed the page if it popped up saying 'the outfit does not exist' Hope this helps x

• paradisex.o
      paradisex.o commented
      Editing a comment
      Im sorry , i actually misread the first suggestion and it worked ! thanks so much

Hey everyone, i have has some issues on preview. When i see my preview it sometimes doesn't do what i wanted it to do, dont understand? thats ok. This is what i mean : for example - I made 2 characters call on phone. When i preview it, sometimes they dont have the phone and sometimes they do. Its really weird. Will this happen in my story when i publish? Plz help me!

Comment

• Lacey Woods
      Lacey Woods commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you please copy and paste an example of your script?

• kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
      Editing a comment
      ok i just sent it down below

sure:

INT. ACADEMIC HALL - DAY

@JOHN stands back left in zone 2 AND JOHN faces front
    @LIAM stands back right in zone 2 AND LIAM faces front

@LIAM is talk_neutral
    @JOHN is talk_neutral

Charlotte stands back far left in zone 2 AND CHARLOTTE faces front
    @TOM stands back far right in zone 2 AND TOM faces front

Abbey enters from left to screen left
    Ella enters from left to screen center

@pan to zone 2

Ella enters from left to screen center

Abbey enters from left to screen left

Ella faces left

Last edited by kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk; 12-03-2016, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Lacey Woods
      Lacey Woods commented
      Editing a comment
      It says nothing about talking on phone? I'm confused, and yes it will show on episode if mistakes are made.
      May i suggest have one character talk on phone, and have the other talk as the narrator example:
      CHARACTER1 (talk_phone_happy_loop)
      Insert dialog
      @pause for a beat
      @CHARACTER1 is listen_phone_neutral_loop
      NARRATOR (CHARACTER2)
      insert dialog
      Do you get it, and just go back and forth like this. It is a good way for beginners to do phone conversations.

Closed thread. Folks, this thread was created to announce that this forum was created so you can post your issues in it. Not so you can post your problems in this thread. Please post any app or portal issues that you might be experiencing here. Thanks!

- JB

Comment

Working...
    X