This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ideas Thread [PLEASE READ]

Hi there! So you might've seen my 'Cleaning Up The Story Games & Roleplaying Forums' post earlier, if not, feel free to check it out here.

This thread is an idea I suggested on the list. From now on, if you have a new idea for an SG/RP please post it here. This way, we're freeing up space and it saves you the time of making a whole thread/GoogleForm if not a lot of people have interest in your idea.

If you're just a regular RPer, I'd recommend subscribing to see new ideas that you may want to check out in the future. Interest doesn't have to mean commitment necessarily.

To make this more efficient for everyone, I recommend (but don't require) using the following samples as a format for posts- I'll use ORPs to explain the format a bit better, and I've used stuff I've created to explain it.

SAMPLE 1 [The Arcana Wars RP]: Hey guys! So I had a new idea for a roleplay (ORP: Explicitly state whether it's an SG, RP or whether you want to leave it up to the players). What would you think of a post-apocalyptic future where the only people left are the characters, and they don't know it, but they all have unique abilities, and they're destined to fight each other to the death until there's one left, and that one gets immortality, until the next game in a couple hundred years? (ORP: Explain your idea/concept clearly. If you've already written a blurb, include that too) I'm looking for exactly 22 characters and thinking 1-2 per person (ORP: If you have a fixed number of characters you will accept, specify that) I'll start it if I can get at least seven people interested (ORP: Include how many interest forms you want before you start). I'm not sure yet, but I think I want to start this at the end of February (ORP: Give a general start date if you can so people can plan around their busy lives). I hope you're interested!

SAMPLE 2 (no ORPs) [The Homecoming Masquerade SG]: Hey guys! So I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a new SG! My idea is basically having a prestigious private school in the capitol of a made-up country run by vampires, called the Prestiged. Every year, this school holds a masquerade at Homecoming where girls are given the chance to be a Prestiged. A girl shows her interest in being Prestiged by showing up in a black dress, and one girl is selected to join- the rest are killed. I'm not sure how many characters I want- as many as I can get, but they'd all have to be girls. I'm planning on releasing forms as soon as I can get enough interest!

Please actually use this thread to gauge interest so we aren't clogging up the SG/RP forums with threads for ideas that never get started. Definitely make signups separately if you get your desired amount of interest, but start here please! Also, feel free to post ideas that you like but may not start for a while.

Jeremy or Liz or Caylie Moore or Miss Molly or any other mod- can we get this thread stickied, along with the SG/RP tutorial created by the lovely AwesomeAnon pleeeeaaasssse?

Comment

Great thread! I will definitely end up using it sooner or later!

Comment

This is a cool idea! I'll probably end up using this soon since I'm thinking about starting an RP and I already have an idea.

Comment

This is pretty neat. I hope it gets stickied. That way the thread wouldn't be so messy.

Comment

DandelionKate you can post your black butler RP idea here.^^

Comment

Shion fancy! haha thank you!

{At Your Service RP}

Hi! Okay so the title is subject to change, but this is just a rough draft of the idea so far. The RP would be based off of Black Butler in the sense that each RP'er would make two characters (a butler and a master). The butlers are likely going to have the demon contract just to keep the butlers submissive. It would allow everyone to create their own backstory for their masters and their own motives for their butlers. I will pair up the butlers with masters which will determine what house you serve (as a butler). As a master you will receive challenges or something for you and your butler to solve and accomplish based on your backstory. So for example, if I made my master named Killian VanBuren then I would be matched with someone else's butler. Killian's father was murdered by the king of another country and his mother died of cholera. Therefore, Killian's challenges will be aimed towards getting revenge on that king and possibly that country. Butlers will serve their masters accordingly. There could possibly be overlap between houses if their challenges intertwine or if there is a ball or something. I will make sure to have interaction between houses at some point.

Anyone interested? Or have comments or things to change?

Comment

• Mehek
                Mehek commented
                Editing a comment
                You know I'm interested lol

• Ky.
                Ky. commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm definitely interested!
                I love your idea of pairing butlers and masters.

• DandelionKate
                DandelionKate commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks guys (; I'll start it up tonight or tomorrow

So I have this idea where 12 (11 from people signing up) teens (13-19) are "kidnapped" for an expirement. They are placed in this house and they must try and find a way out together. No one can be left behind, and, what they don't know, is that when they get out, they will be captured again and have their brains taken from their heads (RIP). I really don't know if it should be a story game or roleplay. Please give some suggestions

Comment

• Mehek
                Mehek commented
                Editing a comment
                It would have a better flow as an RP but I feel like you'd get more signups as an SG since they're less time-consuming on the parts of the players. Either way I might be interested- unsure though.

• AwesomeAnon
                AwesomeAnon commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm thinking SG.

• skelliott
                skelliott commented
                Editing a comment
                I laughed so hard at this "their brains taken from their heads (RIP)" x'''D
                Sorry, I'm a little twisted. That was hilarious.

Bump again. I'm sorry for the re-tag but Jeremy, Liz, Caylie Moore, Miss Molly or any other mod, PLEASE sticky this thread as soon as you can, along with the forums tutorial. I don't mean to sound rude, but guys, please also actually use this thread for its intended purpose- not to call anyone out, but some people are still creating signup threads with only one or two people interested- a problem this thread was supposed to fix.

Comment

• AwesomeAnon
                AwesomeAnon commented
                Editing a comment
                And could you also stick my RP/SG thread? It has ten or so likes and multiple users have told me it was helpful and they would have loved it if they had something like it when they joined...

"neighborhoods" is a bit slow so i'm contemplating making a new rp. took a couple of ideas from the other website i rp on - i don't know if you guys would be interested though.

idea one: angel city

lost in the city of angels
              down in the comfort of strangers, i
              found myself in the fire burned hills
              in the land of a billion lights

city of angels // 30 seconds to mars (as you can tell, i use a lot of songs in my roleplays. lol)

this is a hella old roleplay idea - at least 2-3 years old. essentially, the characters in the roleplay are all angels - at some point, they've died. once a year, all the angels are let out into Los Angeles, coined the "city of angels", which is the Earth base for angels. on this day, you step through the portal and get to have a little fun in the human world until you're back through the portal at midnight. everything's going well when you've stepped through the portal - you're having so much fun. but when the clock strikes midnight, nothing happens. you're not transported through the portal, and you come to the sudden realization that the portal has malfunctioned. while you try to figure out how to get back, have fun experiencing the human world once again as old secrets and feelings resurface. (i'll go into more detail if i do start the rp, concerning what angels can do and how everything works.)

idea two: trapped above-ground

dear friend, here we are again
              pretending to understand how you think your world is ending
              sending signals of red flags and waves
              it's hard to tell the difference between blood and water these days

lovely // twenty one pilots

it is 2617 - 600 years from where we are now. 75 years prior, our efforts to stop global warming were erased when a nuclear world war essentially tore apart entire countries and rewinded us to a stage where global warming was most prominent; some 400-500 years ago. a deadly red fog has begun to manifest on earth, and scientists believe it is the product of ruining our earth's ecosystem beyond repair. the world has declared a state of emergency. the red fog has already killed millions of people - especially those in mountain regions, where fog can reach easily, and it seems as though fog is taking the place of oxygen. eventually, world leaders agree to build refuge underground. but in the midst of people trying to save themselves, you're lost. the dust settles. the doors are locked - there's no way in, no way out. it's a survival game. how to stay alive now, when all you've ever known is safety? (again, will go into more detail concerning backstory if i do start the rp.)

Comment

• j.mojicaxo
                j.mojicaxo commented
                Editing a comment
                Both sound awesome! Tell me when you create the sign ups for either. Or please tag me in it!

• Mehek
                Mehek commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd do either, but I particularly like the first

• AwesomeAnon
                AwesomeAnon commented
                Editing a comment
                I would sign up for either!

Palecrest Academy
              Prestigious. Hidden. Vampires only.
              Until the day it wasn't vampires only.

You have been accepted into Palecrest Academy as part of the first human-vampire class! We only ask for a small blood donation every week otherwise nothing else. You'll be staying on campus and if you require anything simply ask!

Palecrest Academy is basically a fun idea where the whole school is full of vampires along with the new fresh me- I mean humans. Tensions have been high between the two races since the vampires were first born in 2048. Now Headmistress Swangood is attempting to vanquish that tension by allowing humans with a special blood condition to enter the school. The blood condition is special because it allows them to strengthen the vampire students greatly and helps them learn. The basic plot will be that the humans are trying to survive at the academy and the vampires will either try to befriend,kill,or simply hate them. There will be special events and such to keep the RP exciting! So what do you guys think? Is this a good idea?

Comment

~ Idols ~
              "People aren't honest about the horrors of fame. The downsides are so overwhelming that, for me, there is no payoff." - Sia Furler

All of the characters will be famous musicians. All of them are invited to take place on a variety/reality show type thing where they'll live together, be given tasks to complete, and stuff. People will get eliminated.
              You will be able to suggest missions.
              Of course, I'll develop some more things if anyone is actually interested, but this is the gist of it.

Everyone will have the opportunity to have romance (if so, they need to make a male and female.)
              I'm just not sure if it should be an rp or sg, so let me know about that.
              If you're interested, let me know so I don't waste anyone's time!

Comment

• kitty4322
                kitty4322 commented
                Editing a comment
                If it's more of a competition thing, it would be easier to make it an SG. But if you do want to make it an RP, you could do that too. Anyway, I'll sign up!

• Ky.
                Ky. commented
                Editing a comment
                I think SG would be better for this, but both work.

So, I've been thinking about starting this RP for a while, because I like this show and I also like romance themed RPs, but the problem is they usually die out. (Well, mine do too, but I want to make it last)

Anyway, I was thinking of doing a Roleplay called Are You The One? It's a reality show on MTV where 11 girls and 11 guys get selected to go and live in a house for eleven weeks in a chance to win one million dollars. Each person has a perfect match, and every week the contestants participate in a competition to win a date. Out of the two couples going on a date, the other people in the house have to choose a couple to go in the truth booth. The truth booth tells the contestants whether the couple in it are a perfect match or not. If they are, they stay in a honeymoon suite for the rest of the game. If they aren't, they have to go back to the house and mingle with others in hopes to find their perfect match. Later on in that week, there is a match/light ceremony, in which a girl or guy (it alternates every week) picks another member of the house that they think might be their perfect match, and they sit together. Once every member of the house is sitting down with someone else, there are eleven beams that light up according to how many perfect matches there are. If there is nobody sitting with their perfect match, that is called a blackout, and the million dollar prize is cut in half.

So, yeah. What do you think? Would you participate in this? I really want to do this role-play, so hopefully a lot of people want to do this and sign up! Also, I'd be accepting ten people (you have to make a girl and a guy) and try to be active if you sign up! (Because if somebody isn't active, that could mess up a lot)

I'm just going to tag some of my fellow episode members, even though some of them might not be active, but oh well.
              Mehek Mistystar88 DandelionKate TheBluGeek AwesomeAnon Shion Darling_episode catsharp53 MotherFricknut Catarla j.mojicaxo #Yeah09 Tropics EGG Caylie Moore HaniaLee michael Ky. losersam
              Ok, I went a little overboard, lol. I'm sorry for whoever I didn't tag!
              Last edited by kitty4322; 02-20-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• j.mojicaxo
                j.mojicaxo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for tagging me! I would sure like to join this, I love romance! I do suck at it though haha

• kitty4322
                kitty4322 commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha, no problem! And you don't suck at it! But it's alright, haha.

• Angel101
                Angel101 commented
                Editing a comment
                What's the RP called?! I really love this idea and would love to sign up!

Soooo problem. For the RP I talked about above, I don't have time to do it. I thought I did, but I have voice acting stuff and dance and baby sitting and a crap ton of school work. If someone else wants to take the idea and make it I would totally join. Either that or I can make the thread later in the year (likely over the summer).

Comment

You can make it later. Lately people have been busy with school and other stuff so I think summer break would be great. BUT thats just my suggestion. If someone out there wants to make this earlier then its all good. I'll sign up either way. xD

Comment

Working...
                X