Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

New Ideas Thread [PLEASE READ]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures in Avalon
    (SG/RP)

You are part of one of the groups consisting of adventurers that wander around Avalon, as bounty hunters, rogues, or people that crush evil. You will go on adventures to find treasure, quests to earn gold, and random wandering because you can!

In Adventures in Avalon you will be assigned a group that you interact with and form relationships to, and other groups that you can interact and fight with.( Or run away with) You will fight monsters that I throw at you and decide the best course of action as a group! Have fun, and stay alive!

So, what do you think?
    (it will be a lot more detailed with story add and stuff)

Comment

• LHT
      LHT commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it's interesting

• Kittenlove
      Kittenlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, since I've gotten 4 interests, I'm gonna make a signup thread.

• catsharp53
      catsharp53 commented
      Editing a comment
      Please please tag me in the sign up thread, this sounds so fun

• ~Hey Everyone~

I would call the RP Fairy Tales. It's based off the show ONCE UPON A TIME on ABC. Where fairy tale characters are going to be stuck in our world, and they don't know it.

I'm very hyped.
    Last edited by ChloeDraws; 11-10-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• LHT
      LHT commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I love that show but haven't had the time to catch up unfortunately ._.
      but tag me !

• donutlover05
      donutlover05 commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds cool!

• Kittenlove
      Kittenlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! Tag me on the sign up post.

• Willow Tree (SG)

PLOT

You, along with numerous other teens, have been sent to the Willow Tree Treatment Center.

Here, you will be "helped" with your problems. Atleast, that was the idea was when someone sent you to this place.

Willow Tree is completely fenced-in with high security, scheduled meals, support groups, and strict patrol officers.

Your only comfort will be the other teens in Rehab with you. But you can never forget, even they are unreliable.

Will you find friends, love, and fun in this messed up place?

Each character will have their own issue(s), such as a mental illness or addiction.

Characters' addictions will not be things like "addicted to cats"... if you want something light and cute, Willow Tree probably isn't the right place.

This was the plot for my Rehab RP a while back, but I want to bring it back in the form of an SG. I'm dying to put some of my creativity towards something that will entertain you all!

I have a lot more information ready to put out there, like I literally have already written the sign-up post and the forms. But I know that I have to post my idea here first.

Would any of you be interested in this?

(I am happy to answer any questions!)
    Last edited by Arabella; 11-11-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• DanicaBescae
      DanicaBescae commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd also be up to participate in mostly any SG!

• Kittenlove
      Kittenlove commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd like to participate, mostly because it's an SG and I would love to have an experience with those!

• Arabella
      Arabella commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, the sign ups are up and running!

• I have an idea for an RP that I think would be really fun, and now I would actually have time for it because the school musical is almost over. However, I want to hear input and see what everyone thinks and see if anyone would be interested in participating.

Blast From The Past (Title may change eventually if I come up with something better):

She loved History and he loved her. His talent for science and inventing seemed like the best way to catch Her eye before they graduated.

He built it, a time machine, and set it up by the museum near the school. What better way to learn history than seeing it yourself.

He tested and tested to make sure it worked out and it did, then He invited Her to come see it. But His nervous, clumsy self ruined it all.

Instead of them going to the past the past came to them. People from all around the world from all different time periods came walking out.

She was in awe at first, the smile painted on her face was so wide. His was too, especially after She kissed Him on the cheek.

But then, she collapsed to the floor, as a hooded creature that came out of the machine stood over her with a bloody knife.

He knelt down and said goodbye through tears before bolting away. The hooded figure walked away slowly, not in the mood to chase, right after breaking the machine.

Now people from the past were stuck in the present with no way back and no idea what is going on.

So there is a little introduction thing I made! I’ll probably add a few things and/or change something’s if I actually start the Roleplay.

I’m thinking I’d have about 20 characters or less with owners having as many as they want but that isn’t a set number.

You’d all play character from different times which I think sounds super fun and a bit challenging. It would require a little bit of research (or a lotta bit depending on what era you want to do and your prior knowledge and stuff) But Yeah I think it would be really fun. I mean, can you imagine a an Egyptian pharaoh talking to a medieval peasant. It just sounds so cool and adds a lot of creative opportunity. So whaddya’ll think?
    Last edited by SillyCupcake22233; 11-12-2017, 04:18 PM. Reason: Autocorrect isn’t my friend

Comment

• Mashia
      Mashia commented
      Editing a comment
      Id sign up! Sounds interesting!

• DanicaBescae
      DanicaBescae commented
      Editing a comment
      *hits yes like I hit the gym after a Wendy's Baconator*

• Unicorn Kisses
      Unicorn Kisses commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooooo cool

• So this isn’t an RP idea but another idea for Faceclaims. Idk how good it is but I had to use this platform for a school project and I thought it would be interesting to use for Faceclaims and might be better than the current slideshow presentation things, but idk. It’s is called elink and here is an example:

https://elink.io/95cf181

Comment

• AwesomeAnon
      AwesomeAnon commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea! Very convinent.

• ChloeDraws
      ChloeDraws commented
      Editing a comment
      I likey! Very clean and well organized!

• Mashia
      Mashia commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh, cool!

• The Company (RP)
    Like a high school RP... but for adults.

Welcome to The Company.
    Here you will enter the fierce world of adults all competing for the Employee of the Year award, doing various tasks to bump your brownie points in the eye of the CEO.

It'll more than likely be a video game company, just so it can be fun haha.

Your characters will be given tasks, varying in difficulty depending on which level you're at, ranging from intern to office manager.
    There will be different offices, but parties and events where all of the offices will be together.

Comment

• Kittenlove
      Kittenlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, cool!!

• brinn
      brinn commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd be interested!

• catsharp53
      catsharp53 commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, I've changed my mind about this. If somebody else wants to do it, please feel free.

• Another RP idea for adoption...

~~~

SABOTAGE SEASON

Congratulations! You have been invited onto the reality show Sabotage Season. In this show, you will live in a mansion with a whole bunch of other people and compete for $1,000,000 dollars AND the mansion! But, how exactly do you win? By sabotaging the other contestants!

Yeah, that's right. You will be sabotaging other people, trying to get them to quit the show. And if you are the last contestant still remaining...then YOU WIN!

Will you survive, or not? You decide.

~~~

If you want to take this idea, you can.

Comment

• whatup RPers, yes I've got an RP going rn and all but I wanna start this (or another reboot I'll post later) in January 2018 if enough people are interested. asking for interests now so that I can slowly work on the pre-setup which is a lot of work.

~~
    The Arcana Wars |RP|

It is November 30, 2016. The apocalypse, an event forseen by none has officially occurred. You are one of the survivors. You are far more than human, you are one of twenty two Arcana, or tarot cards, destined to fight in a deadly battle from which only one victor will emerge, but you don't know it quite yet...

THE GAME:
    Transcript of Abbey Thomas’ dying words, May 4, 2016
    “You called me crazy all my life, but all I speak is the truth. My name is Abbey Thomas. I am recording this before I commit suicide, but enough about that. I am a Tarasova, the last one. I am the only one with records of the last game, which reminds me.” -pause- “There. I burnt them. Sorry. Not.” -laugh- “Anyways, the games happen after every apocalypse. Oh yes, there’s been many of them. Last one was a flood across the world- High Priestess had fun with that. But you don’t know what I’m talking about. Guess I really am crazy.” -laugh- “After every apocalypse, at least 22 humans remain. Well they’re not humans I suppose. They’re Arcana. They thought they were human, probably until recently. A coming apocalypse tends to bring out the powers in them. Every one can do things that would make you tremble, shake, beg for mercy, and they’re pitted against each other in a deadly game. Last one standing is immortal- until the next game of course. The others reincarnate, none remember anything of the previous games- well except the Fool and the survivor of the last game. A new apocalypse is coming. I feel it in my bones. Hate to say I told you so, but let’s see who has the last laugh when it does. I amn’t the crazy one.” -laugh- “See you in hell.”

THE APOCALYPSE:
    -Excerpt from the diary of Arthur Lane, November 27, 2016-
    The apocalypse happened. I do not know if anyone will be left to ever see or read this account. I presume most of whoever remains- is gone. Nobody should see this except maybe anyone attempting to survive whatever horrors come next, but I am dying so no point in trying to make what’s left of this hell last longer. Today morning was ordinary, like any other. At exactly 5:06PM, the end began. I’ll call it the Flash for lack of a better word, because that’s really what it was. Hundreds of flashes of light, all larger and brighter than anything the world has ever seen. Even seeing them in peripheral vision would’ve caused blindness, if not death. It went on for what could’ve been days, hours, minutes. I don’t know, every device was taken down and the seconds felt like years. The world was (and still probably is) in an odd twilight state. The sky is a dark, deep shade of blue, almost purple, and there is no light, but everything is still visible. I left the house once I was fairly sure no more flashes would occur. There are odd creatures out there, grotesque and zombie-like. They seem to thirst for water, blood; moisture from anywhere they can get it, even humans apparently. I made the mistake of getting too close to one and it chewed my leg straight off. I barely got away from them. I have not seen any other humans, but I hold hope that they exist as I lay here, dying. I hope humanity isn’t doomed. Whatever this is, it happened for a reason, I know that. I just wish I knew why, but I can tell, something far greater is at play, whatever it may be...Should you be reading this, whoever you are, good luck. In this new world, you’ll need it.

THE BAGMEN
    -Excerpt from The Scientific Post-Apocalyptic Journals of Doctor Reshma Lawrence-
    Post-apocalypse, all that are left are Bagmen, zombie-like creatures, a handful of humans and the Arcana. All civilization is destroyed, including technology. The Bagmen feed on moisture- blood, water, body fluids, anything they can find and are very dangerous. They are the remnants of humans unfortunate enough to not die as a result of the flashes but who were still affected. One bite is all it takes to transform anyone into a Bagman; if the bite doesn’t kill them first. Scratches hurt but are usually harmless. The few remaining humans remaining, us being fortunate enough to be part of that group, are moving from place to place to hide from the Bagmen and try to make our own way in a world where it’s every man and woman for themself. Many are resorting to killing their friends, their neighbors, even their own brothers and sisters just to survive another day themselves. Nobody, nowhere is safe from the Bagmen, despite all the death around us.

Can you win this deadly game in a dangerous new world? Or are you destined to fall like so many others will?

~~

This might sound familiar to some of y'all- I've done this before and a few of the current active RPers were in it, but I think a reboot of it might be fun. There is a limit to number of players- twenty one max, but it can go under. Y'know as long as there aren't like two players. So anyone up for this?

Comment

• Mia the Duckling
      Mia the Duckling commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd definitely join <3

• Hail the Mxx
      Hail the Mxx commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen this old roleplay thread around, and I'm interested in it!

• Once Upon A Time
      Once Upon A Time commented
      Editing a comment
      Duh. Of course I'm joining! The first one seemed cool. :3

• Alrighty so I have three ideas for most likely rps (I don't have much experience with sg's)

Here's the first one:
    Stay Quiet (this name sucks but whatever):
    PLOT
    You go to Willcrest High School along with your other classmates. It's the beginning of your junior year when everyone in your grade sees a mysterious article on the junior news website. The article claims that there is a "GameMaster" who knows every junior's deepest, darkest secret. They would like to play a game. If you contact the GameMaster, you will get assigned a secret. Your goal is to discover who's secret it is by the deadline. You can't tell anyone the secret you've been assigned. If you do, you will be disqualified from the game and your secret will be publicly exposed. If you are one of the first seven to discover the owner of your assigned secret, you will be granted one wish from the GameMaster. There are meetings held every Friday afternoon for the students to discuss new updates in the game (ex: Who's been disqualified, revealed secrets, winners, etc.). Within a week of the game being released, the entire grade is swept up in the drama of the game. A tense atmosphere looms over the halls of Willcrest. People are suspicious of everyone and no one can be trusted. Whether you're finding a secret or not, your secret is out there, and someone is getting closer and closer to finding out that it's yours.

RULES AND STUFF:
    There is a website for each grade in the school for convinience purposes (just roll with it idk)
    Here's some basic stuff about the game:
    If you are considering playing the game, you email the GameMaster who will give you a list of basic information that you must fill out and email to them in the next two days. If you miss the deadline of two days or you decide against playing, you won't be assigned a secret and your personal secret will be assigned anyways. If you fill out the information and meet the deadline, you will recieve an email containing rules and your assigned secret.
    The rules are:
    1. You can not tell anyone your assigned secret. If you tell someone, you will be disqualified from the game and your secret will be announced at the next meeting.
    2. If you overhear someone telling someone their assigned secret, you must tell the GameMaster. If they decide so, you may recieve help proceeding in your quest.
    3. There will be an assinged deadline for you to find out who owns your assigned secret. If you do not find the secret in this time, you will not win.
    4. You may use any method to find out the owner of the secret. (Except for methods that break rule #1)
    5. Final guesses on the owner of your assigned secret must be emailed to the GameMaster. If the guess is wrong, you will be disqualified and your secret will be revealed.
    6. Sometimes the owner of your assigned secret will have their secret publicly released. Depending on how early we are in the game and how many secrets we have, you may be assigned another secret.
    7. Wishes must be realistic and achievable by the GameMaster.

You would probably make your character in a google form with your secret included. I'd assign secrets through pm's and tell people when their secrets are assigned the same way. We would need quite a few people for this to work, but I really like the idea.

My god that was long. NEXT IDEA!
    The Witch House (again, terrible name):
    PLOT
    You are part of a collection of witches and wizards that all live together in some sort of strange house-like academy. You all specialize in certain powers, some more powerful than others. You might prefer using hand magic or possibly channeling magic through special jewelry, there are many options! Living with a bunch of different magical people is extremely chaotic. Of course there is also a fair share of mysteries and drama in this place. Like for example, what is behind that strange talking door in the basement?

This one isn't as developed as the other one, but it's just an idea. It might be to similar to the HP stuff here. I'm not expecting it to take off.

Now let's look at another option, which is ridiculously similar to the one before this!
    A Chemical Kind of Clockwork:
    PLOT
    You live in a Victorian-Steampunk world. Werewolves, ghouls, and other unfathomable creatures roam through the slums of the city, some much kinder than others. You are part of The Raven's Society of Sciences, a group of people who are experts in their field. You all live in The Clocktower in the center of the city. Sadly, people fancy you all mad and despise a fair amount of your little group. What the commonfolk don't realize is that you and your comrades are keeping the city safe from all of the monsters, using research and skills to save people who have been cursed and killing monsters who have gone too far. All of you are so talented! It's a shame that some experiments have, very bad consequences.

This is somewhat based off of the webcomic The Glass Scientists without the Jekyll and Hyde aspect. (It's so good read it here: http://www.theglassscientists.com/) I wanted to make a steampunk rp and I noticed there didn't seem to be many. If you wanted to, you could join and be an enemy of The Society, or possibly be a friend who isn't a member, or the chef or a maid. Some people could also be cursed monsters that join the society and still have to keep their secret from the others. The roles could really vary with this one.

So that's all of them! This is my first time doing rp stuff on here, so I'm totally open to constructive criticism. Let me know if you want to do any of these and if enough people join, I'll make it happen! We would need around seven people for the first rp, maybe four to start the other two? I'm not very sure. Anyways, I'm not expecting many people to want to join these (but I mean if you do please tell me haha) but I just wanted to put these out there to get some feedback. If you like the plot of one of these but have some tweaks you can suggest stuff, even if you wouldn't want to join, it's appreciated. Also if you wanted to do something with a similar premise, you can tell me and you can use the story to start your own rp. Anyways, I think I've typed on for much too long. Let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by night_owls; 11-17-2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Mehek
      Mehek commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Stay Quiet and I think A Chemical Kind of Clockwork could be fun too!

• Audrey Austen
      Audrey Austen commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm really liking the first one !
      Last edited by Audrey Austen; 11-19-2017, 02:55 AM.

• L375
      L375 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd be willing to join any of them!

• Just finished making the sign up page for Stay Quiet! Once I get enough people I'll make the official thread! I'm so happy that so many people reacted positively! Can't wait to rp with all of you guys!

Comment

• Right heres my idea, i'm not sure if there's already an existing roleplay like this - I'm not saying this is an original idea. I haven't seen it done, but i feel like it's too good of an idea to be my own xD
      The Experiments

It is 2045, technology has improved immensely, and all dangerous drugs in the world have been wiped clean. Until, one day, scientists were given an unusual package, from god knows where, they were filled with loads of different drugs. These scientists were slightly crazy, they decided to test these on humans. They went to the local hospital, where there were hundreds of newborns. A few of the babies were taken to the lab, to be tested on. Each baby had a different one of the drugs injected into them. There was no immeadiate effect, so the scientists assumed the drugs did nothing, and took them back, but they were going to watch on them their whole lives.

These babies were taken back to the hospital, then to their parents, who were unaware of the testing. They grew up, unaware themselves of what had been injected in them. But the drugs did have an effect, each of them were modified in different ways, given powers. Like water, fire, telekenises, they all had a different power. The scientists don't know about the powers yet, but when they find out, they will definately take the children back.
      This obviously doesn't have much detail to it yet, but that's the main idea. If anyone wants to use this, feel free, if no one wants to take it, I might do it. What do you guys think of this? I know it may not make a lot of sense, I'm sorry. So, if anyone wants to take this, please do. I want to be a part of this if it became a roleplay, but i don't think i'll be able to handle owning a roleplay :/

Kittenlove Mehek ​​​​SillyCupcake22233 Mia the Duckling MusicalVoyager ChloeDraws Mia Turner Once Upon A Time LHT FallenAngelNight13 Cam Boulder EpisodeGirl5678 Alissa Turner certified goofball L375 Chidimma PechaBerry BiFrostWolf DanicaBescae Lily_Li Erkia Maisha

Comment

• DanicaBescae
        DanicaBescae commented
        Editing a comment
        *raises hand*

*puts it down*

Man, if I weren't already working on my own RP/SG...! I would be interested in it for anyone who takes it, though

• Mia the Duckling
        Mia the Duckling commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm... I'm not sure if I'll join. I have joined quite a few RP's already and it sounds very similar to Edanola.

• EpisodeGirl5678
        EpisodeGirl5678 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like to take it, if it's still for sale...

• Hey! I wanted to make an RP since I'm back, but I have no idea what to do. In the past, I've done romance reality TV shows mostly. So what type of RPs would you like to see? Here are some options, comment what you'd like to see below or any suggestions.
      - Romance
      - Mystery
      - Horror
      - Reality TV show
      - Fantasy
      - Sci-fi
      - School

Comment

• AwesomeAnon
        AwesomeAnon commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m down with anything except reality TV. Horror, mystery, and romance would be my top picks just because I haven’t done any of those in a long time.

• Lily_Li
        Lily_Li commented
        Editing a comment
        Romance, fantasy, tv, mystery, some sgs would be good

• kitty4322
        kitty4322 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for all the suggestions! I posted a kind of idea I have for a horror RP because that got the most votes. Let me know if you would join so I can make a sign-up sheet and a thread for it if enough people would.

• Most people said horror, so what does everyone think of this idea? (I copied it from online)
      Desperate for some cash you take up an offer from a prestige business owner who promises you that they will erase your debt and make sure that you are set with all your wildest dreams coming true as long as you play their game. I won't go into much detail of the game because I like it to be a surprise for the roleplayer and the character themselves But let's just
      saying you'll be fighting for that grand prize for your life.

I'll have more details on it later cause I actually have some ideas, but would you guys join?

Comment

• AwesomeAnon
        AwesomeAnon commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd totally join!

• Kittenlove
        Kittenlove commented
        Editing a comment
        I might, but I'm in way to many rps

• brinn
        brinn commented
        Editing a comment
        I shouldn't join any more RPs but yes!

• Hihi, me again!

I was wondering if anybody wanted to co-create an RP with me?
      Since I'm currently in the middle of starting an SG, I won't have as much time to guide an RP, so I'm looking for some help.

I don't have any ideas for one (because all of mine die out after 2 days lol), so I was thinking that you and I could bounce ideas off one another until something comes to mind.

If you're interested, PM me.

Comment

• Lily_Li
        Lily_Li commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel you aha none of my rps last long I had a whole list of rp ideas if you want you can choose from that
    Working...
    X