Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanna clarify some stuff- if I start this idea, signups wouldn't even start until January 2018 or so. Also, there's a set of rules and stuff I wrote to make this work well, but since I'm testing for interest first, this is just the general plotline.

|Cafe Nemesis|
    An RP inspired by tumblr, contributed to by SillyCupcake22233 and created by Mehek

~~~

A Brief History of The Committee For Heroes and Villains
    Written by: Daniel Davis
    Current Placement: Committee Library Archives

Thirty seven years ago, back in 1980, Professor Diana Cruz at Yale University created what she'd believed to be a time machine that could transport not just people but entire cities back in time to anywhere they wanted to be. To test this out, the town of Casterville, Connecticut agreed to be transported back a week, just to see if it worked.

The experiment turned out to be a fantastic failure. All the machine did was conjure an unusually high number of bolts of lightning that struck many people and buildings, though no casualties were reported and nothing unusual had happened it seemed. Professor Cruz's reputation was ruined and life in Casterville returned to normal...

In 1981, the first "hero" sighting was reported. Annie Carson, who'd been nine when she was struck by lightning, conjured fire in her hands and managed to stop a school shooting. More and more sightings were reported as people made clones of themselves to stop robberies or warped reality to catch criminals. However, as the number of hero sightings increased, so did the number of villain sightings- people who used their powers to do wrong.

And what made things even more confusing was that it seemed as if rather than just affecting those struck by the lightning from Professor Cruz's experiment, it seemed as if Professor Cruz had released something into the air that affected some randomly chosen people, but not others and matured itself at random times in a person's life. Powered parentage didn't seem to affect the chances of a child having powers either.

Chaos was rampant by 1996, just fifteen years after the first incident, and as a result, some of the most powerful people who were neither hero nor villain came together to form The Committee For Heroes and Villains. They started as six people, but their powers were extraordinarily great- they could create or destroy anyone easily. As they grew and teamed up with the government, they became the law body for heroes and villains everywhere. Nobody dared disobey them for risk of being obliterated completely.

The Committee decreed that anyone could be a hero or a villain, but as soon as they discovered their powers, they must register with the Committee as either a hero, a villain, or a neutral soldier for the Committee. They assigned every hero one villain and every villain one hero to be their nemesis and said that the only person who could fight a hero or a villain was their nemesis, in order to give both good and evil a fair shot.

The system was perfected by 2008, and for the past 9 years, it has been functioning effectively.

~~~

You're just an ordinary person. Like every other kid your age, you go to school, get bored out of your mind, talk to your friends, admire that cute girl in front of you in French class, and then you go to your afterschool job at Dream Bean, the coffee shop you work at.

The only difference between you and virtually every other red-blooded teen in existence? The fact that you're a hero/villain. By night, you go out and try to stop your nemesis from getting the best of you, whether that means stopping a villain from committing a crime or stopping a hero from ruining your perfect crime.

Here's the crazy part though- just yesterday, you got a strange note from The Committee, telling you that the real identity of your nemesis is someone who works with you, and they gave you a hint too! And it's Truce Week too- you don't have to deal with battling your nemesis for an entire week, and they won't be in your way either!

This is just perfect- if you can just figure out who they are while trying not to get fired by one of your managers and maybe just impress that cute person you've been crushing on at work for ages, you'll be able to stop your nemesis more effectively!

Of course, there is the issue of you not wanting them to know who you are. And you can't really tip off your other coworkers to who you are either because that'd be a mess. How hard can it be?

~~~
    Last edited by Mehek; 12-12-2017, 06:16 PM. Reason: darn formatting

Comment

• Alissa Turner
      Alissa Turner commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I would like to join when the rp starts!!!

• j.mojicaxo
      j.mojicaxo commented
      Editing a comment
      girrrrrl.. you already know I’m interested :3

• Mehek
      Mehek commented
      Editing a comment
      So uh quick update- I said I'd open signups mid-January originally, but I've decided I'm gonna try to join the Spotlight on Love contest, and I wanna be 100% sure all the prep work I've done for this is airtight with no plotholes, so signups will probably be opened around the end of January/beginning of February. Power reserves also won't be open til signups are open.

• UNDERCOVER

You're a person who has just joined the Crime Service Agency (CSA), a secret spy agency that catches criminals. On your fourth day of work, you get your first mission. A group of high schoolers have been selling illegal drugs at their school, Silver Oak High, one of the most dangerous high schools in the country. Silver Oak is one of the most dangerous towns to even live in. Your job is to catch those high schoolers and put them behind bars. Will you succeed, or will you get defeated by them?

Hi, there! First of all, I am not releasing signups until my School for the Gods & Goddesses RP starts, which will start in January, Feb, or possibly March 2018. The actual RP will probably begin in May or June 2018, I have no idea.

Anyway, in this RP you will be forced to make two characters - one spy and one criminal, who is part of the group of high schoolers that are selling drugs. But you can choose their genders.

So, yeah, that's about it.

Comment

• Chidimma
      Chidimma commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I'm interested. Tag me if it happens!

• Fate
      Fate commented
      Editing a comment
      I mayyy be interested

• Queen Faith
      Queen Faith commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m interested! Tag me if it happens!

• Marked

You are the elite.
    A Social Celebrity or a Secret Contract Killer.
    Either way, you've all got a mark.

Basically, You would create two characters. A Famous Social Star and a Secret Assassin. I, as the head of the Contractors, will pair your Assassins with your Stars, and the aim is to have your Star survive and your Killer... Well, hit the bulls-eye, shall we say.
    I will be making things interesting for both sides, and it won't be easy. Feel free to work any way you like, be that through blending in and lulling your target into a false sense of security, or by outright hunting them. And, should you wish, feel free to team up! Have Killers with Killers, or even an Assassin working with a Star! Have scandals and romance, and use your skills to the best of your abilities.
    But beware, should you fail, the consequences will be dire.

I don't know when I will be starting this RP, likely in the new year, depending on what I do. This will be my first RP that I've made, but it should be fun.
    I will make sign-ups should enough people show interest, and leave them open. I'm more than happy to have people join in mid-way, and if people drop out, I'll fill in gaps myself, so nobody get's left out. But, hopefully, I'll keep things interesting enough for many to join in. I hope people would like to give this RP a try!

Comment

• night_owls
      night_owls commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a really neat idea! I'd love to join

• Ellaaaxp
      Ellaaaxp commented
      Editing a comment
      reserve meee

• Queen Faith
      Queen Faith commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m interested! Tag me when the signups are open!

• this is a really bad RP idea lol I am absolute trash
    [ ] Invader Roommate [ ]
    "Wait... are you an alien?!" "Uh.. can I say no..?"

Good day from the New World Foreign Exchange Student Program! We are happy to tell you that your application to the foreign exchange student program has been accepted and you have been chosen for an experimental foreign exchange program that will take you to...

Earth!

A planet full of life and rich cultures as well as a variety of life forms including the dominant species, humans. You may have heard of them and how some have even tried to kidnap or kill aliens. Fear not for the New World will ensure you are completely safe.

For a period of one Earth year, you will live among humans and observe their culture and lifestyle. You will return from the program with knowledge about a strange species and have hopefully grown as a being and such. We will provide you housing with adequate resources to suit whatever necessities you may need as well as food and anything else! All we ask is that you keep your true identity a secret and learn as much as possible!

Those who reveal their identity will be kicked out of the program and extracted. They will be ineligible for any foreign exchange programs for five years and possibly face severe fees or even jail time should there be a panic.

Please reply if you are interested in this program. Thank you!

In this roleplay you will be able to play as an alien or a human with aliens being the 'foreign exchange students' and humans being sort of like their mentors, living with them in a housing provided by the New World.

Aliens will blend in and learn human culture while keeping their real identities secret while humans will have to teach the aliens about their culture and lifestyles.

This will be in the form of an SG/RP where I will be controlling characters and throwing situations at them from time to time. There will be a limited amount of spots. I was thinking 3 aliens and 3 humans so reserve while you can!

Spots Left :
    Alien Spots Left: 0
    Human Spots Left: 0
    Last edited by TheBluGeek; 12-17-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Mashia
      Mashia commented
      Editing a comment
      Reserve for a human if there's a spot left!

• TheBluGeek
      TheBluGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      ScarletSwanHunter You did don’t worry

• TheBluGeek
      TheBluGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      All spots are taken! I may add more later ^.^

• This is more of a random RP or SG general idea than an actual RP or SG. I just wanted to see if anybody would actually be interested in doing something like this. So, it's...

Animal RPs or SGs!

Where you role play as an animal instead of human! You could be a horse, a cat, a dog, even a squirrel if the RP's about squirrels!
    So I was thinking, we have all these RPs about humans, why don't we role play as animals. The creator could chose what animal you RP as, and you make animal characters instead of humans. Or you could make an animal and a human. We could have a completely new scenarios in all those RPs.

I don't know what the rest of y'all would think about this, but I think it would be cool.

Comment

• SillyCupcake22233
      SillyCupcake22233 commented
      Editing a comment
      The reminds me of an RP I tried to start a while back about humans that were turned into animals. But anyway, I’d be interested if you develop the plot a little more.

• Kittenlove
      Kittenlove commented
      Editing a comment
      SillyCupcake22233 I'm not saying it's an actual RP, just a idea that anyone could make an "Animal RP" where you play animals instead of humanoids. I do have an idea for a animal RP though.

• EpisodeGirl5678
      EpisodeGirl5678 commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds funny! I would JOIN! SO MUCH! JOIN!

• I am thinking about starting a story game about romance, drama, and maybe even a pinch of fantasy?!
    It would be a story game, so I would release new chapters each week, and you would vote on choices characters make.
    Please let me know if you would read it?!

Comment

• LTea
      LTea commented
      Editing a comment
      I would happily join in, but I agree with Mashia, a plot may be useful. We can't tell you if we're interested, if we don't know what it is, after all. ^-^

• EpisodeGirl5678
      Editing a comment
      Mashia and LTea I have developed it more, but I am too lazy to change the post for,now. pM me if you have questions, please.

• SillyCupcake22233
      SillyCupcake22233 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t mean to be rude, but if you are too lazy to just tell us what the plot is, I don’t think I’ll want to be joining. SGs take hard work and dedication and if you can’t tell people what your actual plan is due to laziness, then I think it would be kinda difficult to write full blown chapters to release every week.

Also, even if you do have it more developed, I don’t know which direction you are going and I’m not going to join an SG I’m not interested in. Like LTea explained, I can’t exactly be interested in something if I don’t know what it is.

If you want help developing the plot I’d be glad to help!

• Originally posted by EpisodeGirl5678 View Post
    I am thinking about starting a story game about romance, drama, and maybe even a pinch of fantasy?!
    It would be a story game, so I would release new chapters each week, and you would vote on choices characters make.
    Please let me know if you would read it?!
    Anyone? Please?

Comment

• Mia Turner
      Mia Turner commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes!!! I love joining sg's. Reserve!!

• IDEA 1: Mission Impossible AKA The Clue Hunt (Which one is better?)
    Eastwood High is a normal high school. You have your populars, jocks, nerds, cheerleaders...
    But what happens when the mysterious Purple Raven starts texting the students about a treasure?
    20 clues lead to the treasure.
    And the treasure seems to be the greatest thing in the world...

IDEA 2: Dollhouse

You might want to know this idea was inspired by , who unfortunately does not seem active anymore. Basically, the characters wake up in a dollhouse, that is being controlled by a woman by the name of "Dementia" she has planted gidgets in their brains, and can now control their every move.
    Will they ever escape?

These are my story game ideas. Is anyone interested?

Mia Turner LTea Mashia Once Upon A Time
    Last edited by EpisodeGirl5678; 12-20-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Mia Turner
      Mia Turner commented
      Editing a comment
      I like to dollhouse one too!

• EpisodeGirl5678
      Editing a comment
      LTea and Mia Turner Thank you! I will start the sign ups soon.

• Alissa Turner
      Alissa Turner commented
      Editing a comment
      I would be interested in both if u do either or both!!!

• One Big Cliche
    I don't know if this counts as a "Story Game" or not, but it is kind of like a story game.
    It is poking fun at popular cliche's, but it will have lots of plot twists, and maybe even murder?
    Or fantasy?
    So, I will release chapters every week that I wrote, containing characters I've made up.
    And you get to vote on what happens next!
    Comment or PM if you are interested!

Comment

• brinn
      brinn commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd be interested! I'm trying to avoid signing up for things because of all the hectic school stuff going on right now, but as long as this won't take up lots of my time (it looks like it won't) then I'd like to join/be tagged on it.

• Mia Turner
      Mia Turner commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! Yes! Yes! I have decided to come back to rp and sg and this seems great!

• EpisodeGirl5678
      Editing a comment
      Mia Turner and brinn Thank you! I will start this ASAP! Making the thread right now.

• The end of ‘The Rainbow’
    2025: A young adult man starts fundraising to create a chemical that is essentially artificial happiness called “The Rainbow”. He is mocked by older people telling him that he’s putting his hopes too high, “A thing typical of recent generations “, he is also mocked because “His product already exists..., in the form of illegal drugs. - And the rainbow? It sounds like a drug itself!”. He claims that the chemical is entirely safe and can help with problems like anxiety and depression, or can just be used to enjoy life more.

2028: The man, eventually had enough and decided to use the small amount of money made from fundraising to create the first batch of daily pills and got his mockers to try them on live television. His mockers were incredibly surprised at how it worked really well. People started to get hooked on it, it seemed to be a great option for anyone. Most of the people who were mocking him, did not want to be proved wrong, so their arguments about it shifted to the moral standards on it and if artificial happiness was real happiness. He argued back that he believed it was perfectly safe and was improving people’s quality of life, everywhere.

2030: Around 98% of the population takes their daily pills of “The Rainbow”. Almost everyone seems to take their company’s motto to heart, “There’s not pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the rainbows beauty is the true reward”. The company says that there is an easier way for everyone to have the effects although it would include everyone in it, even the stubborn 2% who are not.

2031: After little persuasion, the 2% have been totally disregarded and millions of tons of “The Rainbow” are launched into the sky. It has been proven that the chemical can stay below the stratosphere for thousands of years. Everyone will feel no sadness whatsoever for the next 12 thousand years.
    2089: There have been several effects on humanity as a whole. The population has increased a lot and on average the population density is much higher and people live in homes with many people. To support this, people have started a lot of agricultural jobs, without feeling any negative emotions, people are completely content with this. Equality has increased too. As a negative, technology is much less developed as it could be. People don’t seem to want to improve things now, as they don’t need to.

You’ve just gotten a job working where they regulate “The Rainbow”, it’s nothing special though, Janitors, Personal assistants, Security Guards. You’re 21, You just entered the workforce, you wouldn’t expect anything more, This also means you’ve been on “The Rainbow” all of your life. On the first day, things seem to be fine, but after work, your accidentally sent an email from the team of scientists stating that due to some freak weather starting in around 2 weeks, the chemical could stop taking affect, a few more suspicious things are mentioned but at the bottom in bold there is a message not to tell the new employees about this, because they would be crucial in covering up and fixing the problem.

It could be the end of “The Rainbow”. Is there a pot of gold? And will you try to find it?

----

Welcome to the factory, The boy’s night room is at Wing O and the girl’s night room is at Wing P. Included in your pack there is a map of the factory and some food for the bus trip. Please board the bus at 9am flat and do not talk until you are seated, then head straight to the night rooms to unpack, your work clothes will be in the closet for the next day. The next day will be your first day of work and you will meet in Wing C at 7am.

----

My goal in this is to have the characters find different “clues” that may sway them a certain way on whether they would rather keep or get rid of “The Rainbow” before you say “Oh but Mia, who would say to keep it?” you’ve really got to put yourself in their shoes. They’ve never experienced any negative emotions in their life, they don’t know what it feels like to feel sad etc. They’ve always just been happy, they won’t want to be able to feel sad. Imagine someone removing your happiness, even if it were artificial. It would feel like real happiness to them.

Also if you were wondering what I meant by no negative emotions, I was going to leave it up to the creators of the characters and include that as a signups question. You could interpret that many different ways.

As for jobs, I’ll allow people to create their own (after i confirm) as well as include my own examples. All of these will be worked into the plot somehow. I would like there to be 2-3 people per job so people can have the same “clues”. By “clues” people will still be to know what they are OOC so it won’t be a secret.

This will start after boarding the bus towards the factory. The rooms are going to be pretty small as I mentioned that people are used to having many people together. All of the girls will share a room and so will all of the guys. This doesn’t matter on how many people will join.

----

I'll start the signups when there are enough interests for it to start and I will take a little bit of time to organize everything but likely less than a month. I won't have a limit on maximum characters but I still want a fair few minimum.

Another rule I would add is to make an even amount of characters, half f half m. Otherwise, the standard rules apply.
    Last edited by Mia the Duckling; 12-26-2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Mia the Duckling
      Mia the Duckling commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll start the signups before the end of the year.

• Mehek
      Mehek commented
      Editing a comment
      *slams the reserve button*

• Mia the Duckling
      Mia the Duckling commented
      Editing a comment
      Mehek the signups are already out

• Okay, I know I've already suggested an idea, and if my life doesn't get any more screwed up, I will start 'Marked' for those that showed interest. However, this idea is far more useful to me. It's based off the concept that my own novel takes, and I hope by starting an RP on it, I will find some inspiration and motivation to work on my novel. I may not even start it, because as I mentioned - my life is currently doing it's best to ruin me - but if people are interested I really do hope that this can help me. Anyway...

Crossed Hearts
    The Ancient of Corruption has grown bored, and as she does every six years when winter wakes, Addessa's hunting curse has begun. You have the mark - A cross-shaped scar over the heart - and like thousands of other chosen to die, it's only a matter of time. Will you be the first to find a cure? Will you survive the torture it brings, or give in to a gruesome death? And what of the other Ancients that watch from afar...?

Basically, the RP would take place before my book starts. It would take place in the court of Eclipse - one of the four kingdoms - and you would create a character that inevitably winds up contracting the Dessavir Curse - The Ancient of Corruption's hunting curse that tortures you with your worst fears before killing you in what she would deem the most entertaining way. Hallucinations, spontaneous episodes of pain and fear itself forcing you to tear your own family apart are some of the consequences to having the curse. Alternatively, Addessa's followers - The Addessan Mistresses - offer sanctuary to those that bare the mark. But don't take this lightly. As her doting servants, the Mistresses will torture you in your own way, and are looking for those that bare the mark.

As well as the curse, you would have the entire world of people and places to explore - and I would appreciate you doing so as this would help me explore and develop it myself. Unveil history, fight for yourself or your family as Eclipse descends into economic disaster, maybe even meet some in-book characters? As I have spent nearly four years developing this world, I can guarantee there is plenty to do!

I do understand that, as this is a lot to take in, I will be flexible on what goes on. Just because I understand everything doesn't necessarily mean you will, and while I will do my best explaining things, I will also try not to confuse or add too much. I'm happy to be lenient, which is why I'm placing this a good while before the books. I look forward to seeing what happens, and hopefully this will really help me achieve my dream of being a fully-fledged writer.

Comment

• Mashia
      Mashia commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooh, this sounds interesting!

• MADEpisodeCretor
      MADEpisodeCretor commented
      Editing a comment
      awesome , I'm in

• Kittenlove
      Kittenlove commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. I'm always down for an adventure RP.

• The Experiment

He looked on from outside a testing room as another test subject died. The scientists and assistants tried to recover him but to no avail. He sighed. Another death. The number of test subjects in the facility was decreasing at a steady rate. In less than a year, they'd likely have none left unless new test subjects are added. He turned away from the gruesome sight of the dead subject and walked back to his office.

He'd have to bring in some new ones right away, he mused. And he can't tell their investors about this as they might question the feasibility of the research and back out. He had enough influence with certain figures to bring in some people that likely wouldn't be missed.

-------------------------------

For your information, they have been using criminals on the death row as their research progressed enough to warrant using human subjects. They were also given those with long sentences when their subjects started dying and they first needed replacements.

This is an idea I've had for a long time. It will be a story game written by me, but the characters and their actions will be up to you. Characters can be brought in as test subjects willingly or unwillingly, but they'll likely discover that something sinister is going on and they have to escape so they explore and sneak around for possible ways to do so.

Some of the characters' actions such as sneaking in a room and eavesdropping will be based on luck, depending on their stats (i.e. strength, stealth) and special skills. The success of their actions will mostly be decided through rolling of dice. Characters' age can range from 16-40s.

There is no limit to the number of characters one can create, though I'd wish for the genders to be somehow even if one were to make more than one character, like 1 girl and 1 boy, or 2 girls and 1 boy.

Comment

• Alissa Turner
      Alissa Turner commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m interested in this when I start this!!

• Queen Faith
      Queen Faith commented
      Editing a comment
      Tag me when sign ups are open! I’m interested

• Victoria
      Victoria commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be starting this soon! Probably within the next 2 weeks, but hopefully earlier.

• Hey guys, it’s Imani. ( in case you didn’t know by now, thats my actual name. ) I am super sorry for my absences, but i has decided to join Drama, and I sort of found a different community to roleplay with.

moving on, I really liked my Dollhouse roleplay, but I realized it didn’t last as long as I wanted it to. So I plan on remaking it. The plot is pretty long, so I’ll link it. ( I’ll edit it in )

- Ztuff
    Last edited by MusicalVoyager; 12-29-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Kittenlove
      Kittenlove commented
      Editing a comment
      This seems cool! Can I reserve for Carousel?

• TheBluGeek
      TheBluGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      Reserve for Mad Hatter please (I really liked playing as Lewis that was fun)

• Queen Faith
      Queen Faith commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d like to reserve for Basic B! I love MELANIE

• Originally posted by Mehek View Post

I think this was a really cool idea that unfortunately never really happened- anyone down to give it a try?

If y'all want, we could do this and even have a different RPer host every round or something like that so it isn't all on one person and have a list of reserves for coming RPs so people know what type of plots are coming soon.

Hey dude!! I just checked back in on the forums and I was thinking about starting this up not going to lie. I haven’t been on in a while and I think I need something to resecure my reputation here haha. So! If you haven’t started it, I’m down to start it up tonight if you want to be a co-host with me? I could use help setting up the sign-ups and FC’s and coming up with plots? (: if you want. I miss you too so it’ll be fun haha

Comment

• Cam Boulder
      Cam Boulder commented
      Editing a comment
      KATE! HI I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE BACK! *dies fangirling*

• TheBluGeek
      TheBluGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      welcome back Kate! it was sad to see you be gone and i is happy u is back though i probs dont know me lol

*whispers* notice me kate-pai

• Queen Faith
      Queen Faith commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m up to help with anything if you still need it!

• Once Upon A Time Fate Hi! Yes, @Once, it seems I’ve made a name for myself on here. It shocks me to come back on and still have like 25 notifications from people talking about me. It’s crazy, but it’s nice to meet you as well. And hi Fate!! I missed you guys! I just thought about getting back on! I’m starting an RP up soon. You guys should join! I’d be so happy to get to know everyone again. I’ve missed telling stories with you all! It’s time for me to make some more heart-wrenching characters (;

Comment

• L375
      L375 commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember seeing your name in a few old RP's I've read. You. Are. Seriously. Amazing.
      Welcome back to the Forums! (lol)

• DandelionKate
      DandelionKate commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys are so sweet! Ah! So many compliments!! I love you guys! That’s so amazing to hear. I’m glad people actually like my writing and my characters? Thank you

• Mistystar88
      Mistystar88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, so the dandelion dragon returned? Lol hey Kate, long time no see. On behalf of myself (though I’m kinda like a ghost floating around, I don’t think too many people actually know me anymore haha) it’s great to have you back on the forums 😊
Working...
X