Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

New Ideas Thread [PLEASE READ]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stickied!

Comment

• Mehek
      Mehek commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

• AwesomeAnon
      AwesomeAnon commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you mind sticky-ing my "How to RP/SG" thread? If not, that's fine, but many people have told me it was pretty helpful...

• Jeremy
      Jeremy commented
      Editing a comment
      @Awsomeanon done and dooooooooooone!

RP IDEA UP FOR ADOPTION!!

So I probably won't go through with this because I'm too busy, but I had an idea/part of a blurb if anyone wants to adopt it and make it great :

Note to readers: 2016 was a wonderful year for RP, with many awesome ideas. This would be a year in review RP of sorts, combining some of the great ideas to make a single, new RP. The people I know deserve credit for this are Ypilson's High School Reunion RP, michael's RP Orphans, and catsharp53's RP Haunted. Honorable mention to the Archie comics since I borrowed the town name from there. There may be more RPs/SGs I don't know of that I've unintentionally borrowed from, sorry if there are and I didn't mention them!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class Dismissed ||RP||
    I don't have a full blurb because I hated and deleted every one I tried to write, but here's a premise: The Riverdale High class of 2002 graduated many years ago, and are now back in 2017 for their high school reunion. In 2002, just before graduation (I'm unsure how- whether it was an accident or orchestrated is up to the adopter) a group of students died. All of the dead students were rebels, outcasts, geeks, people shunned within the Riverdale community for being 'weird'. Months later, just about everyone had forgotten about the accident as they moved forward with their lives, as if nothing had happened. Now, in 2017, the spirits of those dead students still haunt Riverdale High, anticipating the reunion of those who lived- some just want to know how their fellow more popular classmates turned out in life, but others want something more. Revenge. These outcast spirits are determined to never be forgotten, no matter how. Will the class of 2002 survive this reunion or will it prove deadly?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I'm giving this away, I probably don't have much say in what happens to it, but the way I imagined it, players would create one living and one dead student, and I didn't come up with rules for spirits or anything either- whoever wants it can do that. Anyone who wants this idea can take it, and I'm putting in interest to join here if you want to gauge interest if you're taking it.

Good luck with this to anyone who wants it!

Comment

So, when I first joined the forums there was an RP I wanted to join called "The Hunt" but it died and I wasn't able to join. I was thinking of maybe starting a revival. I know only a few people who were in it and are still active on the forums: michael Mistystar88 TheBluGeek There could be some others too. So here is the plot, and if I get, maybe let's say 4-5 people who would sign up for it, I'll start signups.

Overview
      2000 years of peace were crushed when Mutants (part animal) start believing they were better than the humans. They created a civil war, in which the humans won. Now, no peace exists between the humans and mutants. The humans round up mutants, shove them in a dome, and hunt to the death. Can they survive and who will end up winning?

Story
      (Mutants)
      You have been taken and forced into this dome. Now the hunt is starting . . . try to survive or be slaughtered like the animal you are.

(Hunters)
      You are the hunter. Stop the war from repeating and kill off more Mutants. They are the ones that started it. . .

Now the mutants that the humans had managed to capture have been brought to the dome. The hunters will be released into the dome. The hunters are on the lookout to terminate the mutants. Watch out!

Comment

• TheBluGeek
        TheBluGeek commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd love to this again! Maybe some things can change for example,there are Elites which are previous Hunter (or Mutant if you want) competitors who won previous Hunts and they could maybe control the Hunt by helping the Hunters or setting the weather for the dome. Just a suggestion!

• Ky.
        Ky. commented
        Editing a comment
        I would join this!

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, since it would just cause clutter.

As an avid RP (which all inevitably die shortly after creation), I was wondering what kind of genres would you guys like to see more of?
      Romance, Fantasy, Horror, Action, etc..

Comment

• Mehek
        Mehek commented
        Editing a comment
        Romance and horror probably

• Cam Boulder
        Cam Boulder commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, I'd like to see more horror.

• j.mojicaxo
        j.mojicaxo commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantasy, Romance and Action definitely!

I just had this idea. Maybe we could do a RP/ SG awards! I would make a thread where people could nominate other people and then the nominations would be voted on. Please give feedback on this.

Comment

Hello! So I have an idea for 2 different RPs and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in one or both of them.

[ Idea 1:
      (Based on the book Unwind, By Neil Shusterman. If you haven't read it, I recommend it. It's amazing. Although, reading the novel isn't a requirement)

After the Heartland War, unwinding has become a very popular and accepted practice. Unwinding is when a person between the ages of 13 and 18 are sent to a "Harvest Camp." There, they are put into a "divided state" where all there organs are donated and used by other people. You have become an unwind. For whatever reason you got in that situation, you don't want it. So you become an AWOL.

For people who haven't read at least the first book, here are some important definitions:

Unwinds: A person who is scheduled to be unwound. Usually because your parent/guardian signed the unwind papers for one reason or another.
      AWOL: Aka Absents without Leave. These are runaway Unwinds
      Tithe: A person who has been raised their entire life to be unwound. Usually for religious purposes.
      Storking: When a mother leaves her unwanted baby in someone's doorstep. If they don't get caught, the baby legally belongs to the people at the house. If they get caught, they have to keep the baby.
      Muscle Memory: When someone who got a body part from an unwind receives any skills that unwind had in that part. (For example; If you got an unwinds hand, and he was good and juggling, you could suddenly juggle with that hand.)
      Clapper: "young terrorists" whose circulatory systems have been pumped with a chemical close in composition to triglycerides that makes their blood explosive. ... Clappers are exempted from unwinding on account of the explosive chemicals that are never entirely taken out of their systems. (Unwind Wiki)

Note: This would take place before the events of the first book. Mostly to prevent spoilers for people. (Including me, because I've only read the first book.)

Idea 2:
      In order to make there high-tech city even more advanced, scientist have created a super computer to make life easier, and make everything more efficient. However, this computer eventually developed its own mind, and turned against its creators. It became to obsessed with making everything perfect, it began changing humans. Anyone who got caught by the supercomputer would become a drone under the control of the supercomputer. These have come to be known as 'perfects' You are surviving, and will do anything to not become one of them.

To explain, if you get caught by a perfect, they will take you to the supercomputer to be changed into one of them. The perfects look almost the same as everyone else, so it is hard to tell a human from a perfect. (Pretty much, think zombie apocalypse)

Also, there are different types of perfects
      -Ones that are very strong, but stupid. Average Speed.
      -Ones that are very smart, but not very strong. Average speed.
      -Ones that are very fast, and average intelligence. Average Strength.]

Those are my two ideas. I'd like to here what you think. I'm hoping for about 5 interests on either one to start it. If I get enough people interested, I'm thinking about starting the Official Thread around March 10-ish. (The sign-ups will happen as soon as I get enough people interested.

Thank you!

Comment

• Themaystorm
        Themaystorm commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know if you're still planning on going ahead with either of the roleplays, but my personal choice would be the first. It's definitely something which interests me more than the second.

• L375
        L375 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it just me, or does the second idea remind me of Minecraft: Story Mode? Either way, have fun with the RPs!

• SillyCupcake22233
        SillyCupcake22233 commented
        Editing a comment
        L375 I was hoping someone would get the reference!

Does anyone know how to do the faceclaims without using google? I dont have gmail since I use a different social media.

Comment

• HaniaLee
        HaniaLee commented
        Editing a comment
        Shion Yup. Remember the idea I sent via PM. Im sorta editing it and I was hoping you can do the face claim for me. >///<

• Shion
        Shion commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure thing! PM me the details and I'll see what I can do. You could also just make a gmail account.^^

• HaniaLee
        HaniaLee commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont use gmail here and none of my friends do so its kinda a waste. But thanks for helping!!! I sent you a PM. xD

Hello!! I've wanted to start an RP last December but there were various RP's popping up and I decided to just wait for a while. Also I was a bit worried since some RPs stop after a couple of posts and I really want to make it last long cuz i love to RP. >///<

So here's my idea for the RP:
      Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality

The timeline is on 1855 England (Victorian/Steampunk Era). Finishing school trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette but for this particular school the ladies are trained in other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. The academy is for selected 15 year old girls only. They will stay within the academy's dorm for 2 years till graduation (if they survive that long).

Now your probably wondering why should these fine ladies need to learn to fight when they should be busy getting a husband, well that's because in 1500 vampires and werewolves had began to terrorize civilians due to food shortage brought upon the plague. It was an all out war with the humans gaining an upper hand by releasing a poison that was suppose to kill the supernaturals. Instead the vampires and werewolves toxins became lethal to women thus hindering their ability to produce more and rather than face extinction they signed a treaty with King Henry VII to absorbed supernaturals legally into the British Empire. All vampires and werewolves are male, gaining offspring's with humans. Only their sons inherent their abilities.

Although all 3 races have been living peacefully for the past century's there are still rogues who rudely attack civilians, breaking all standards of social etiquette. Not wanting the public to panic, Queen Victoria established the academy in secret to take care of these atrocities.

-----------------------------------------
      So basically that's the idea of the RP. I'm planning on placing events/missions/classes for the players to engage in that way it there is something for everyone to do.^^

Now tag some players:
      Shion Catarla TheBluGeek Mistystar88 Mehek DandelionKate AwesomeAnon Darling_episode kitty4322 Caylie Moore MotherFricknut catsharp53 NicoletteEpisode michael Mashia Taliakat EGG Cam Boulder Eluza #Yeah09 Angel101 SillyCupcake22233 Izzcream j.mojicaxo
      Last edited by HaniaLee; 03-03-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I'm putting this idea up for adoption- anyone interested can take it because I don't know if I want to start it myself, but I had this horror/romance idea I couldn't let go of...

Dating (in) the Dark |RP|

You are one of the contestants on the reality show, Dating In the Dark. In this show, there are two wings of the house where everyone stays- one for males and one for females, and the entire house, as the name implies, is shrouded in complete darkness. All the contestants are allowed to roam around, and sometimes have scheduled group meets where they can meet people and get to know their names and voices, and touch them, but never see their face since it is the dark. Once you find someone you feel you would be a good match with, the two of you have to try and sketch each other's face based on their voice and personality, with no descriptions from them whatsoever, and if you both come close, your faces are finally revealed to each other. The first couple to sketch what their perfect match is like gets a prize of one million dollars to split. However, this year, the show is a little bit different. A group of demons decided to sign up for the show, just to mess with some human men and women, and plan to kill anyone they can match with- that is if they don't fall in love first...

---

So the idea is a little sketch, I know, but the way I imagined it is everyone makes one male, one female- one human, one demon. The demons know who their fellow demons are, but the humans don't know who their fellow humans, nor who the demons are. It's up to whoever adopts it whether demons can date demons and humans can date humans or the matches should be demons with humans.

---

Good luck to anyone who wants it!

Comment

• HaniaLee
        HaniaLee commented
        Editing a comment
        This seems interesting

IDEA UP FOR ADOPTION
      Warriors of the Sun and Moon
      (feel free to change the title and plot)

There are seven gods that are beheld by all. Each controlling a different part of the world. One for the sun,moon,stars,sky,ocean,underworld,and the darkness. All the gods are dedicated to helping mortals except the god of the darkness. Originally he was the god of light until he became corrupted so the other six gods chose two warriors, a male and a female, to help vanquish his evil forces and thwart his plans to bring the end to humanity. However each time he was defeated the Warriors were killed as well which ensured that he would come back in 100 years. It has been 100 years since Ka'volu was thwarted and now the gods have bestowed their marks and a snippet of their powers unto their chosen warriors. But this time it is different. Ka'volu has risen stronger somehow and has drained the other gods' and goddess' powers so this is the last chance for the Warriors to defeat him once and for all. But what if Ka'volu isn't the enemy? What if it's the gods that are the enemy..?

Just a fun RP idea I thought of. It would make a good SG as well. Well it's up to the adopter anyways.

Comment

What would you folks think of this roleplay? It would be a sci-fi/horror/mystery RP, but of course there's always the possibility for romance.
        Eternity Disrupted
        What if your mind could live on within a server after death? You could continue to watch those who lived, and they could visit you, until they eventually joined you.
        Decades ago, a group of scientists and programmers managed to make it a reality. Demand grew until, eventually, entire industrialized nations were connected to the SoulNet servers. More recently, things have started to change. The neural implants that facilitate connection to the servers at death have begun to malfunction, sometimes with lethal consequences for their wearers. Personal information from both the living and the dead has begun to leak through the security systems. And a virus lurks within the servers, corrupting the memory files of the dead. When one of the main buildings housing the North American servers collapses in a suspected attack, it seems easy to blame everything on those who can't connect to the servers. But below the surface, there could be someone - or something - else behind all of it. Something not quite living or dead.
        When the world goes from a dream where the living and the dead can easily communicate to a nightmare where the dead remain in fear and the living are at risk of their consciousness being forced onto the servers too soon, how will you persevere? Will you further endanger yourself by trying to find the cause? How much can the truth harm you?

Comment

• AwesomeAnon
          AwesomeAnon commented
          Editing a comment
          Sound very interesting! I might be interested!

Invader Roommate?

Welcome to the year 2038,humankind has evolved in many different ways including in technology. The advancements made in technology have enabled humanity to go explore a most mysterious place. Space. This led to the discovery of many new planets and even aliens which led to the New World Program. The New World Program is simply a cover-up to allow aliens to visit Earth and study there. There are just a few requirements of course and one major rule. DO NOT LET HUMANS KNOW YOU ARE AN ALIEN! So other than that you are free to enter the program and visit Earth where you will be put into a New World Home with earthlings to help you learn about the culture and traditions of Earth. But what if the NWP isn't a cover-up for visiting aliens? What if it's so much more? If you want to discover the truth you have a long path to take including choosing on revealing your alien self to your human roommates or keeping it a secret? What could possibly happen?

Just a fun idea I thought of. Tell me if anyone is interested but I will not be making this right now as I have The Hideout and Palecrest Academy on my hands.
        Last edited by TheBluGeek; 03-12-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• purplezombieattack
          purplezombieattack commented
          Editing a comment
          I would absolutely join this.

• Ky.
          Ky. commented
          Editing a comment
          That seems fun!

Hello fellow RP pips!!!! I know a HOGWARTS/HARRY POTTER RP has been made but when I joined episode it kinda died down and sign up was closed so I wasnt able to join.

So I was wondering if you guys would be willing to let me remake this RP??? I want to know if people would be interested in this?

PLOT: I was actually planning on making the plot the same timeline with the books minus potter & friends so basically you guys will be going through what they did OR do you think I should do something like 20 yrs after?? That way its kinda like a fresh start.

I may have binge watched harry potter & fantastic beasts so....xD

Initially I wanted a shadow hunter theme (Cassandra Clare books) but they dont have much events to do unlike Hogwarts universe.
        Last edited by Shion; 03-13-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Shion
          Shion commented
          Editing a comment
          106 already lol!! :P

• Ky.
          Ky. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yesssss...

• HaniaLee
          HaniaLee commented
          Editing a comment
          Bam!!! 108

UPDATE:
        http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...sign-up-thread

Comment

BASED OFF THE ANIME OWARI NO SERAPH

Four years ago, a deadly virus infected the world, killing many adults. Everyone under the age of thirteen survived undoubtedly. After the fall of mankind, vampires made themselves known and took every child they found to be human livestock. Of the adults and children not taken by the vampires, the Moon Demon Company was born. It was started by the Hiragi family, made to exterminate vampires. After the fall, vampires weren't the only sinful creatures to appear. Beast known as Horseman of John appeared, devouring any human or vampire in its path.

A daughter of the Hiragi family experimented with weapons to earn more power. The discovered those with a strong enough mindset could be granted a special weapons from a demon that could kill vampires and Horsemen. These are the only known weapons to be able to do this. Sadly, she was possessed by her demon and took over thr sword she was given, the sword now resting in the possession of her ex-lover.

The vampires have one major queen and many nobles. The nobled are the strongest vampires and the hardest to kill. Nobles are the only vampires to be able to turn humans into vampires, which is an extremely rare occurance. Humans-turned-vampires can only become a fully fledged vampire after drinking human blood.

------------

The Moon Demon Company has gathered special Intel on the whereabouts of vampire nobled and they plan to attack. They see this as the perfect opportunity to wipe out the vampires once and for all. They move your squad onto the front lines, but before war, you are left to clean your area of Horsemen and small vampire groups.

The future of mankind depends on every squad, be it yours or someone elses.

NOTE: If anyone needs anymore information on this anime ask me or go to the wikia page!
          Last edited by MotherFricknut; 03-14-2017, 02:27 PM. Reason: lmao, thanks Anon xD

Comment

• AwesomeAnon
            AwesomeAnon commented
            Editing a comment
            She was pissed by her demon? What? XD

• MotherFricknut
            MotherFricknut commented
            Editing a comment
            Another note: So, on the girl pissed by demon now a sword thing, was rather lightly touched in the anime. I have only seen the anime, not reason the manga. So, Thats my small af understanding if what happened. (What I DO know is the girl diddly did with a gay guy and is/was sisters with one of the main characters)

• Fate
            Fate commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd totally want to take part in this. P.S I love your PP
        Working...
        X