Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm legit interested in starting this one myself because I can- I might hold off a bit on starting because there's a lot of RPs out rn, but I'd like to get interest. This RP is based off the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver.

Amor Nervosa |RP|

//my lungs will fill and then deflate
    they fill with fire, exhale desire,
    I know it's dire; my time today//
    -twenty one pilots, car radio

December 29, 2017:
    The crowd buzzed with energy, some enthusiastic and others angry at the news that was being announced that day. Everyone not in Sydney, Australia that day was watching from a livestream around the world- for their own reasons, but nobody wanted to miss this moment. A woman stepped up to the podium, amidst cheers and boos worldwide. To the apprehension of some, and the joy of others, she announced the cure to the disease that'd been plaguing the world for years, Amor Nervosa, and she announced the cure as well as the set of laws politicians worldwide has approved to enforce them. Tears of joy dripped down the face of some, tears of sorrow from other eyes.

The year is currently 2097. It has been 80 years since scientists found the cure to the disease that plagued the world- love. Everyone is administered the cure as a child, and they lose the ability to love others, and arranged marriages are given to them so that they can continue reproducing and have families. However, unbeknownst to society, the cure is a little faulty...

The Scientific Journal of Doctor Adrian Leung, 2/14/97:
    Today, I had the chance to see a few of the people the cure doesn't work on- if one could even call them people at this stage of primitiveness in their minds. Some were flat-out mad, having gone absolutely crazy and were mumbling incoherent garbage, others were crying and claiming they just wanted to go back to their families and the people they claimed to have 'loved'. One managed to beat her head on the metal wall of her cell over and over until it killed her, and wrote the words 'love was worth it' in her own blood on the very same wall- which was of course obliterated before any of the test subjects could be inspired by her actions. It's odd how these people believe that the very disease society has worked so hard to cure, to rid the world of, is revered by these people, and treated as a beautiful thing rather than the horrible monstrous abomination it is...

You are one of the rare few the cure didn't work on, but rather it had an effect on that no scientist knows of. Rather than making you closed off to love, it had the opposite effect, making you feel love hormones even more strongly. Will you be able to keep your secret from the other kids in your school? Or will you be destroyed by your ability to love?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So more or less, that's the plot of this RP. I'm thinking I'll ask people to make at least one character that can love and one that can't to create a little drama, make it more realistic and even out genders, but if you guys would rather, you can use characters that can't love as NPCs instead. This would also probably involve a dystopia-esque uprising at some point so it isn't boring. Also, at some point I will come up with better words than 'people who can love' and 'people who can't love' but right now it's late and I'm tired so deal with it. Is anyone up for this?
    Last edited by Mehek; 03-16-2017, 09:24 AM. Reason: fixin' that lyric for senpai fricknut ;)

Comment

• DandelionKate
      DandelionKate commented
      Editing a comment
      oh dang haha um well i might be able to take it later in the year. after exams

• AwesomeAnon
      AwesomeAnon commented
      Editing a comment
      DandelionKate Mehek started a thread asking which of four ideas she should start. This is one of them!

• kittylover777
      kittylover777 commented
      Editing a comment
      A few months ago I started writing a Story about people with mechanical hearts

The Mythicals
    "
    They say you are that you are here to recover and regain what you've lost.
    They say you are suffering from memory loss.
    The say what they claim is the 'truth' but you just cannot remember.
    They are liars.

"
    For as long as you can remember you have been at a camp designed to help you recover from memory loss but that is far from the truth. You are not plagued with memory loss or anything else. You are blessed. The people at the camp are trying to hide you from the truth you've longed to know of. You are a Mythical, someone who is the reincarnation of an ancient mythical beast such as a Gorgon or Basilisk. However there is a mysterious company that will do everything in their power to take your power for their own evil uses. Can you survive and escape from the camp? Even if you do, will you be able to survive in the modern world and hide?

So what do you guys think of this? Would you be willing to join?

Comment

• MotherFricknut
      MotherFricknut commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds really cool!

• Fate
      Fate commented
      Editing a comment
      I would totally join this!

• FallenAngelNight13
      FallenAngelNight13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would join this 100%

Lately I've been binge watching on local tv shows and got hooked on this one show, Weightlifting Fairy, depicting the struggles of college student athletes. RP was inspired by this show, no need to watch it to join in.

This RP will be focused on the everyday realities of college life. Students who struggle with balancing school work, athletic activities and life. Basically something all of us can relate to (even if not all of us are in college yet. lol!)

BLUE MOUNTAIN STATE

This University is for athletes who dream to make it to the Olympics or gain fame and fortune by doing what they love. The school is well known for producing top athletes and is difficult to get into. You are one of the chosen few that managed to get in the Blue Mountain University but maintaining your position is harder than it looks. You work hard to achieve your goals but can you make it big before your graduation or will you fail to balance your life? When given a choice what would you prioritize first? Who or what are you willing to sacrifice?

Family, friendship, love, work, commitment and envy. How far will you go to achieve your dreams?

---------------------------------------------------------
    So basically this will be the plot. No supernatural stuff. There are already a lot of RP's that have that so I want to try something different. Will you guys join this?
    Last edited by HaniaLee; 03-27-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Fate
      Fate commented
      Editing a comment
      HaniaLee KDRAMAS WOULD MAKE SUCH GOOD RPS NOT GONNA LIE!

• TheBluGeek
      TheBluGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      Fate LOL also we need to make this a thing someday

• Fate
      Fate commented
      Editing a comment
      TheBluGeek Yeah not even joking we must when we have the time

This isn't like an RP idea, but what would you guys say to me making a General Chat promoting RP to try to get some new players to join us? Yay? Nay?

Comment

• Mehek
      Mehek commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, I'll post it later

• j.mojicaxo
      j.mojicaxo commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds interesting! We should totally do that.

• Lily_Li
      Lily_Li commented
      Editing a comment
      YAYAYAYAY definately

Just a couple of ideas I thought of or read about and I thought I'd leave them here for you guys to have in case I forget about them in the future! Some I've read about online and other's have been inspired by something I've watched.

1. Avatar themed (I don't have a title for this or a detailed idea)
    Fantasy | Adventure? | Romance (since you guys like romance, you can always add it )

Basically it takes place in the World of Avatar and there is the Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, Water Tribe and Air Temples. Depending on you guys it could take place before Avatar Aang was even born or after Avatar Korra passed away and a new Avatar is born.

You can then make a certain scenario happen, maybe the avatar is missing and the characters set off to find them but then there are a group of people who don't want that to happen so the rp or sg can have two groups of people.

2. Escape from Steampunk City (I saw this on tumblr)
    Fantasy (kinda, it's more magic than fantasy) | Post-Apocalyptic | Horror (I mean they're tryna assassinate y'all)

In a world in which magic and Steampunk collide. Wizardry is a common art, and although not many possess the gift, the ones that do don't have much power. They can cast a few illumination spells or cause a spark at their fingertips but that's it. A few children, however, are particularly gifted and the tyrannical government has gotten a hold of them. In order to escape the grasps of the assassins dispatched to wipe them out, these kids/teens must scramble across a Steampunk, post-apocalyptic world in search for freedom, liberty and justice.

I'm thinking that there can be two groups for this, the gifted teens and the assassins.

3. True Cross Academy (Based of Ao no Exorcist the anime) - This is probably my favourite
    Fantasy | Romance | Mystery (if you want to add some mystery, I would)

The True Cross Academy is a place where students are trained to become Exorcists. It is controlled by the True Cross Order (the main organisation of exorcists). True Cross Academy lies within True Cross Campus Town in Tokyo. It works as a normal school, but also contains a "cram school" for Exorcists. The cram school offers a range of different courses, and is only accessible with a magical key.
    I really liked the whole Exorcists idea about this and they have many abilities and cool things they can do e.g You can have demons as a familiar. In this RP, students choose to attend True Cross Academy in hopes of being an exorcist for many different reasons. Despite being Exorcists in training, at the end of the day the students here are still STUDENTS which means they're going to have normal everyday problems that they struggle with too
    Maybe start off with everyone entering the academy or old students returning and then add a few events to spice things up! Or maybe there's something sinister going on...

There are two 'realms' in this story you must know about.
    Assiah: The material world in which humans live. Demons can pass into this world by possessing anything that exists within it Specially-trained humans in the world of Assiah can exorcise Demons back to Gehenna through various methods. Any kind of contact between the two worlds is normally impossible, except for Demons who live in Assiah by possessing objects. Gehenna: the world in which Demons live. Satan is the god of Demons and the ruler of Gehenna. Currently, not much is known about Gehenna, as it hasn't been seen yet. It has been stated that there is no material present in Gehenna. It is said that the only direct way to the Demon world is through the Gehenna Gate which only Satan can open.

There is also something called Mashōor Temptaint refers to wounds or illnesses that are inflicted by a Demon. Once a person sustains a mashō, they become able to see Demons for the rest of their life. As such, it is a rite that all prospective Exorcists must go through, if they had not done so incidentally prior to becoming an Exorcist. One doesn't have to undergo mashō if they have Demon heritage.

Yeah I tried not to write too much about the True Cross one but if you want more info check out the Ao no Exorcist wiki because it's super helpful and I just copied it for the realms because I'm lazy >.> or just ask me because I'm a fangirl and I know stuff so if any of you want these then by all means go ahead you can change it up if you want they're just ideas. PM if you want any more info and if I find or come up with more things I'll add it to this ^-^

Comment

• Mehek
      Mehek commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm way too busy for more RPs rn but I like #2

• AwesomeAnon
      AwesomeAnon commented
      Editing a comment
      The third one seems good, but the second one is probably my favorite

• Fate
      Fate commented
      Editing a comment
      I can totally see a lot of action in the second idea! It could be kinda badass ^^

"The End of Our Days...", that's what they called it.
    "Monsters rose from the ground," they said.
    "Earth's population went from billions to millions in seconds," some say.
    "My family was destroyed," says many.
    "Then they saved us!", says others.
    These 'they' who saved us were called tamers.
    They won the battles.
    But lost the war.
    And were forever lost.
    Or so we thought...
    ---
    Just an idea I would probably add on to it in the future... It would be a RP btw ;3;

Comment

• TheBluGeek
      TheBluGeek commented
      Editing a comment
      Why does this sound familiar XD

I was think about making an RP inspired by Recovery Road:

Basically a house where drugs addicts live

I might add on more, that's just the idea.

Comment

I've been watching Pretty Little Liars a lot, it's my favourite show, so here's my idea:
      One year ago, Jade Adriella was buried alive (yes, she actually died). She was the most popular girl in school. She had relationships with everyone in some way, enemies, friends, boy/girlfriends. Either way, she knew everyone's secret. Some of the liars suspect that she's A, until the police find her body. So who is A? Did Jade tell someone else everyone's secrets?

The Liars
      The liars are the people who live in Rosewood, and they all have secrets. Ones that could get them into a lot of trouble. You think no one knows that secret, until you start getting anonymous texts threatening to tell their secrets. The liars come together to try and find out who the anonymous person, who goes by 'A', is.

-A
      A is the name given to the anonymous texter who threatens the liars. A is manipulative, smart, and always has bad intentions.

Aim of the roleplay
      The aim is to figure out who A is, each week when the A has been discovered, there will be a new A

So, I thought this RP might need more explaining? Idk.. Should it be a RP or SG? Would anyone be interesed in joining?

Comment

• Themaystorm
        Themaystorm commented
        Editing a comment
        Even though I've watched the first couple of episode of Pretty Little Liars and loathed it, it would still make for a good rp or sg. I think a mixture of both would be quite good, as in everyone is free to roleplay but there may be some moments when it becomes a bit like a story game.

• AwesomeAnon
        AwesomeAnon commented
        Editing a comment
        I love pretty little liars! Lol I am a sucker for anything that involves mystery so the show instantly clicked with me. I'm interested in joining!!

• Arabella
        Arabella commented
        Editing a comment
        I would definitely join! And each week maybe starts out with one person's secret being revealed? So then throughout the week you kind of see how their secret impacts everyone else, and as the story goes along there are less and less people with secrets left. And I agree with Themaystorm a mix of both RP and SG would be best since it might get too off-track with solely RP, but wouldn't be as active as only SG.

Rivals Reboot

As many of you may know, earlier this year I had an SG titled "Rivals." The basic summary was this:
      Blossom Burroughs Academy is your typical high school. Inside the prestigious academy, you'll find a stressed out principal and two cliques going head-to-head for no reason other than the fact that they could not hate each other more.
      What could happen when they're forced to work together?

This ended simply because there were too many characters for me to keep up with.
      So, I was thinking that instead of an SG, it would be more of an SG/RP where I would be leading the scenes with minimal character control, while you guys would be able to RP in between main key points (until something were to get off topic and I'd steer you all back.)

What would you guys think of a new and improved Rivals SG/RP, and how many would be interested in joining?

Comment

• Catarla
        Catarla commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, okay. I think that's my only question lol.

• Bai Hu
        Bai Hu commented
        Editing a comment
        This sounds interesting! I would definitely join ~

• Lily_Li
        Lily_Li commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting... I'd love to join although I haven't played the original (:

I know I just posted an idea like yesterday that's going to be starting soon, but I had another idea based on a drama and I wanted to see if anyone was interested before I started planning anymore!

So, based on the fact that I can't keep up with SG's containing a large amount of people, this idea centers around a small group of students.
      The general synopsis is this:
      Seaside Academy is for the most elite of students - with the top 1% in academics attending. In order to remain this way, the school board banned all activities other than studying and students are allowed one 8-day break a year where they can either go home or remain at the school and do as they please.
      To accommodate, Seaside is built on its own island - with transportation to the mainland only available to carry students returning home for the holiday (unless transportation is arranged by visiting parents beforehand - although parents seldom visit.)
      A week before break, seven students receive a threatening letter. Along with one supervisory teacher and a stranded civilian, they’re stuck on the island alone for the next 8 days while they must figure out why they were targeted.

This will be kind of a mystery/horror rp with maybe a bit of romance thrown in - I'm not sure about the romance part.

Anyway! There will be limited spaces so it'll definitely be first come, first serve. If you're interested, let me know so I can continue planning after Rivals gets going.

Comment

• catsharp53
        catsharp53 commented
        Editing a comment
        I may have a user dropping out, so if anyone else would like to take on the role of Disturbed Musician, please let me know.

• HaniaLee
        HaniaLee commented
        Editing a comment
        catsharp53 Unless its ok to sign up for two slots then I want it!!! *raises hand so high up in the air*

• catsharp53
        catsharp53 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been filled, so I've gotten chapter 1 almost complete and will probably go up soon.
        I'm already planning a sequel as well because this genre has me super excited.
        Also, how do you tag in comments because it never lets me?!?!

Would anyone be interested in the following RP ideas? I've gotten some fun plots in mind for them but I want to see if anyone is interested first before I start tinkering out the details.
      • Werewolf Pack RP
      • Quarantine RP
      • Warriors RP (From the series by Erin Hunter)

Comment

• TheBluGeek
        TheBluGeek commented
        Editing a comment
        FallenAngelNight13 It's basically two werewolf packs with traits from the Warrior series. The packs are called Clans and there are jobs and terms that are taken from the Warriors series. The main plot would be that there is an old Clan that lives in a forest but another Clan has come looking to take over their territory.

• Lily_Li
        Lily_Li commented
        Editing a comment
        cool (: (10)

• FallenAngelNight13
        Editing a comment
        okay, thank you, I would def join.

As I am officially most - likely back I prolly should start with my own RP. I want to bring back Hannah_Lewis's SuperHero School that I and her had created. So it would kinda be a re-vamp. With a few changes. Instead of Evil / Good separation I would like to do it by "Ranks" where there's like 4 levels of strength (and the highest only maybe 3 people can be) because of one of the issues was characters were super strong (lol like 3 / 4 of mine were totally over powered!)

There would still be Evil / Good superheroes at the school.
      • Some Drama could be the "low" ranks want to kill all the high ranks, or steal their powers or like do something ( like class rivalry) .
      • Another is simple Good / Evil rivalry
      • Maybe a death and a good person is trying to blame the bad kids.
      • Maybe some evil force trying to kill them all?
      Anything helps support / suggestions?

Comment

• WickedSinger
        WickedSinger commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like the idea, it could be something like the movie Sky High! It would be a mix of rank rivalry and good vs. evil.
        If you do this defs count me in

• AwesomeAnon
        AwesomeAnon commented
        Editing a comment
        WickedSinger I love your name and profile pic!!

• WickedSinger
        WickedSinger commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha thank you AwesomeAnon ^_^

New Goal for the Night : Think of something new!

Comment

• FallenAngelNight13
        Editing a comment
        Or bring back my favorite one I ever made! YEAHHH!

Okay (1st I post wayy to much)

2nd - My favorite Rp that I ever created was Limbo and I'm going to do a revival of it if enough interest is there.

Basic Summary:

People who had died from all different era's of time arrive at limbo where Good Spirits try to make them move on, and Bad Spirits try to make them become a Bad Spirit. They good spirits have a week to complete their goal.

- usually how it's done is the dead people who arrive have tragic pasts and don't want to forgive the people in their past. The Bad Spirits are fun to play as because they are like demons but more childish than bad. Teenagers gone rouge

I would make everyone make 1 dead person and 1 Good or Bad Spirit so that the number of dead people is larger than the spirits.

Any suggestions or support?

Comment

Oak Grove
        Based off of: The Thinning

10teens (this number can change) are sent to a school in the middle of the woods.

They are fighting for student of the year.

After each week, 2 students will be dead.

Idk, I will add more just an idea

Comment

• Ellaaaxp
          Ellaaaxp commented
          Editing a comment
          i know this is late, and your probably over this, but i was just looking though all of the posts - this looks so cool! I'd join
      Working...
      X