Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

New Ideas Thread [PLEASE READ]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do currently have a SG going on (for all the members: Ch. 7 IS being written), which is why this is an idea for an RP with SG sprinkled in to move things along.

Misty Meadow Psychiatric Institution
    Before you say "Oh, Cat, we already have an asylum RP!" This isn't an asylum, this is a modern day psychiatric hospital. Each RP-er will be asked to create one doctor (doctors will be of different ranks, depending on hospital hierarchy) and at least one patient (with a psychiatric disorder: Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, tourette's, PTSD, etc. A list with more will be provided when sign ups are released.)
    The doctors will be the main characters, and the patients will come and go. There will be emergencies and such throughout the course of the RP.

Comment

• Rolo
      Rolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooooooo! I'm interested.

• Fate
      Fate commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG I love descendants of the sun! I'd be in ~

• catsharp53
      catsharp53 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm probably not going to go through with this idea, so if one of you guys want to take over and create the RP, let me know so I can join lol

Would anyone be interested in an SG about a day that repeats and repeats, and there's like 6 students that realize it's repeating and what they do is based off of what you pick? It also happens to be the worst day of their lives that they have to relive over and over again.

Would be in a High School Setting~

Comment

• Lily_Li
      Lily_Li commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd defs wanna join (:

• Cam Boulder
      Cam Boulder commented
      Editing a comment
      This sounds interesting, I'd join

• FallenAngelNight13
      FallenAngelNight13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Coolio! Maybe 1 more interest, and I'll do it.

So, I know I have a rp already (you can sign up here), but I have 2 other ideas:

1: Stardom
    Based on the idea of my first (and failed) rp, but instead of the plot line being auditioning and and having eliminations with a really complicated scoring system, it'll be all characters are trainees under one company and they are in groups and eventually all become famous and stuff (soz for vague description, pls ask if you have any questions).

2: Fortuna School for Royals and Nobles
    So basically a school for royals and nobles. At the end of the year the students will choose some one to get engaged with (with the option for arranged marriages). I'm thinking of either doing multiple year levels (in this case only the highest year level applies and the lower year levels will just move on) or just one year level. It's like school but there will be tasks and things to do as well.

So what do y'all think? Depending on what everyone thinks I'll either start one, none or one after the other lol

Comment

• Fate
      Fate commented
      Editing a comment
      I kind of like number two more ^-^ I'd be down for it if you do go through with it ~

Hi guys so I really want to make an rp about the divergent series since I really liked the movie when i watched it. Yet I'm not really good at starting rp's so I would want to do like a collab with someone and plus would y'all be up to joining if I created it?

If you don't know what it is about, here's a link:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergent_(film)

Please comment or pm me if you want to collab! Or I could just start it myself if people want to join
    Last edited by j.mojicaxo; 06-02-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Catarla
      Catarla commented
      Editing a comment
      j.mojicaxo Yeah I do haha. My username's just Catarla.
      Last edited by Catarla; 06-05-2017, 02:07 PM.

• Lily_Li
      Lily_Li commented
      Editing a comment
      j.mojicaxo I don't have Kik though...

• Fate
      Fate commented
      Editing a comment
      I do ~ It's sonorielle
      Last edited by Fate; 06-06-2017, 05:09 AM.

So I made a sign up thread for the second idea from before:
    http://forums.episodeinteractive.com...s-%7C-sign-ups

Comment

Perfect Frankenstein

Sadly, New Gods is slowly but surely dying. Luckily, I have another idea for a Roleplay. It's kind of weird and confusing but bear with me. It has sort of a horror-ish and sci-fi-ish vibe, with whatever other genres people want to mix in.

Here is the start of an introduction I've been working on:

Excerpt from the diary of seven year-old Raquelle Whalkie

“I always hated when daddy got drunk. We were always so close and happy, except when he got drunk all of us got scared. Or at least we did. None of my siblings or my mom could've been scared after that night. They were all dead.

Daddy was an inventor. He created all sorts of machines and cool gadgets and stuff. Mom was always worried that the chemicals were ruining his brain. And ours too. I didn't get it.

Whenever daddy’s inventions didn't work, he would drink away the frustration. I wish he didn't.

One night, I heard an explosion downstairs. Daddy was screaming in frustration. After a few moments he wobbled upstairs, obviously drunk. My momma and siblings didn't notice he had a gun before it was too late. I jumped out of the window before he could get me too.

Daddy was not good. Someday, I will be good. I will be the most perfect mother ever, with the most perfect children ever.”

When Raquelle grew older, she learned she could never have children. With her lifelong dream suddenly crushed, she had an idea. If she couldn't birth children, she would just piece together her own.

You have been kidnapped by Ms. Whalkie to help fulfil her wishes. She needs you to help build her perfect son(s) and daughter(s).Your job is to escape, before she can turn you into someone else entirely.

--
      The idea is that you have been kidnapped by "Raquelle" (Who has gone insane due to her past) because she wants to use something of yours (whether it be your brain, beauty, athleticism etc.) to create her perfect children Frankenstein style. Together you will try to escape before she can chop you up and make you a monster.

Is that a good idea? Or is it too confusing/cliche? Would anyone be interested in participating if I were to start it?
      Last edited by SillyCupcake22233; 06-11-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Cam Boulder
        Cam Boulder commented
        Editing a comment
        I like how this sounds!

• Ellaaaxp
        Ellaaaxp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeess i'll join thisss

• Femi 577
        Femi 577 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds cool!! I hope I'm not too late.

Hi guys! So I thought SGs sound pretty cool (but I've never been in one haha) so I decided to use two of my Episode story ideas.

––––––––––––––––––––

Miracle Workers is based in a world where a small fraction of the human population are magically gifted. And in that world, some of those magically gifted individuals formed the International Order of Thaumaturgy, an organisation dedicated to monitoring magic users, studying magic and the Arcane plane, and hunting down hostile magic users or Rogue Thaumaturgists. After a rift to the Arcane plane appeared, malevolent spirits and creature leak into the world and cause chaos.

It starts with a few characters (they don’t have to be magically gifted as other types of skills exist like Alchemy) applying for the positions and being accepted. They don’t have to be overly skilled in their gift (because they are able to be trained) or born gifted (there are alternatives but I'll get to that later). Your character's goal is to find out what or who's behind the rifts and permanently destroy the threat together with other Thaumaturgists. There are also little subplots for characters I've made for yours to experience depending on your choices.

I have more information on how magic in this story works and stuff but I’m not sure if this is a good idea so… Let me know what you think! If it’s confusing, feel free to ask questions.

I also have a mystery SG/RP idea (what I call Grandview Academy) set in a town involving a prestigious school with a dark history, multiple missing persons, vengeful ghosts, your characters with psychic powers, and all that jazz. Your character moves into town for whatever reason, snagging a place at the school (scholarship or your character's family is just plain old rich) discovering their powers and solving an old mystery.

Let me know which one you like the most and I'll post more details and an excerpt.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Would anyone be interested in joining an RP based on the reality TV show, Big Brother? And would anyone be interested in joining Are You The One? 2? Sorry I'm no really explaining what the RPs are about, but I can't type much right now, although I'll explain in the sign-up thread!

Comment

• L375
        L375 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't watched Big Brother, but I'd be interested in any RP that has to do with game shows! I'll be waiting for a sign up opportunity!
        Last edited by L375; 06-20-2017, 08:38 PM.

• Lily_Li
        Lily_Li commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd be interested (:

• Mashia
        Mashia commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd be interested!

Okay, here's my idea:

Months ago, at a school called Rednight High, a group called the 'Cobras' decided to lock a class of 30 teenagers in the school kitchen. Everything was fine, until the oven caught alight. The whole school caught in flames, but everyone made it out - apart from the teenagers locked in the kitchen, they all died. The police decided it was an accident, until the now.

Present day, the police have realised that the incident was on purpose. The group could go to jail forever if the police found out who they were. Some of the students at Rednight High are trying to find out what happened to their friends, but the Cobras will do anything to stop them from telling the police. Threatening, blackmailing, or even kidnapping.

Comment

So I just came up with a bunch of ideas for rp/sg's, see here.

Comment

Would it be alright to bring up and slightly modify a dead RP that was started by someone else?? I've sent a PM to the owner asking for permission but it seems that person is no longer active! 😣

What should I do? I really like her idea and felt sad when it died down only after a couple of pages.

Update: The RP I wanted to revive was Senses by Caylie.
        • PLOT •
        “Smile for the cameras. They’re watching.”

Human beings have always been entranced by the beautiful.
        By the attractive. By the unflawed. By the perfect.
        Likewise, they’ve always associated imperfection with that of fear.
        Fear for themselves. Fear for others. Fear for the imperfect.
        In a futuristic society where most humans have naturally evolved to be perfect and only perfect, you are the minority: you are the imperfect.
        And you have every single right to fear.

Every year, the government run what they call ‘Trials’ on a group of Matured Impers, the flawed who are between the ages of 18 and 21, those who have no hope at a future unless given their Forced Evolution through their then-mandatory Trials. They place them like drugged rats in actual mazes by taking away one of their vital senses. They force them through tests fit for those who are evolutionary superior, not for those who are new to the world of the blind or for those who cannot feel pain, not for those who were already so naturally Disadvantaged. They say that this is so that they can see who can really be worthwhile to society, who can really will themselves into something beneficial rather than disadvantageous to us all. Of course, that’s what they say. All the while, they put a name on that fear of imperfection. They enhance that fear. And they showcase that fear for all to see, including future generations of those who seem to be Maturing Impers and their families.

Will you be apart of the group that survives to experience their Evolution? Perhaps of a group that achieves something much more? Or will you be one of the forever forgotten Impers slain during your Trials? Only time will tell. In the meantime,
        “We’ll be wishing you the best of luck, Impers.”
        Last edited by Shion; 06-25-2017, 09:03 AM. Reason: update

Comment

• Cam Boulder
          Cam Boulder commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd like that! What RP would that be?

• HaniaLee
          HaniaLee commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with Fallen and Cam. If the owner hasnt been active then it should be fine. But just make an acknowledgment of the original one when you decide to post a sign up thread.

• HaniaLee
          HaniaLee commented
          Editing a comment
          Shion Go for it!

So I decided to put down my ideas (including existing ones) here again:

Warring Kingdoms (RP, might make it SG but most likely not):

The Kingdom of Camelia. A kingdom in the West. Famous for the fierce fighters that were born there, willing to fight for their country even if it means death. With large areas of land covered in tall mountains, it is said to be the barrier that no one can cross.

The Kingdom of Orchaia. A kingdom in the East. Famous for the way they welcome anyone with open arms and the peacefulness of the people living there. With beautiful scenery all around the kingdom, it is said to be the place everyone must see in their life.

One slight misunderstanding caused by a much darker power behind them causes the two kingdoms to go to war, and as a part of your kingdom, you will do anything to stop it and bring them back to what they once were.

Fortuna School for Royals and Nobles (RP):

Dear Your Highness/Mister/Madame,

Than you for your interest to enrol your son/daughter into Fortuna School for Royals and Nobles. At our school, your son/daughter will learn all the skills needed in the future when they take on your role, whether it be leading a country or helping those leading a country. At our school, your son/daughter will also have the opportunity to find their one true love that will be their partner in the future. You will also have the chance to help your son/daughter if they fail to do so themselves. At our school, your son/daughter will receive the best education there is.

Once again, thank you for expressing your interest!

Best regards,

The Principle

Soulmates (RP):

There are 7 billion humans in this world. We meet 10,000 people in a lifetime. Only one of them is the one destined to be with you. "The world is black and white until you meet your soulmate. Maybe the world turns to colour the first time you see them. Maybe it’s the first or hundredth time you touch them. Or maybe it’s after years of knowing them and the world turns to colour slowly and everything falls into place."

I know it's a very vague description but basically characters finding their soulmates and stuff.

Past Lives (SG):

Eight people. One dream. All calling them to one place. When the eight of them meet at the little cafe, they find out they aren't who they seem to be. Discovering the stories of their past lives, they work together to find out who they were in those tragic stories and finally be together with the one they are destined to be.

Sorry for another vague description but basically I will use 4 historically famous couples (I'm thinking of Xiang Yu & Consort Yu and Cleopatra & Anthony plus two more couples) that had tragic endings and each of the characters will be one of them in their past life, and will have to figure out who they are and be together.

Stardom (RP):

Don't have a full on description of this yet but basically a school where there are different departments of learning (acting, dancing, music, design etc) and students go there in hopes of becoming famous.

Crime Scene (SG):

Inspired by the show Crime Scene. (There's a Korean version and a Chinese version, it's quite good so watch it if you want)

Don't have the specific details yet of each crime case but this will be an ongoing sg where each time there will be a crime. Everyone is a suspect and following the clues they have to find the real murderer. I'm thinking of a monthly thing so each month there will be a different case and all the characters will have set backstories. (I'm bad at explaining so maybe watch an episode of the show for a clearer idea of this)

The Iron Bond (RP possibly SG):

In (place name to be decided), two exciting things happen to everyone's lives: one is when everyone receives their talents from the gods of (place name) when they turn 16, and one is when the selected lucky few gets to visit the gods of (place name). These are the things each member of the society looks forwards to. However, little do they know: the gods aren't real, the powers are just to fight against the enemies of (place name) and the rebellious ones within the society where they could die at any moment, and the "lucky" people are sent off by the government to get killed because their talents are either too ineffective for any use or too powerful to control.

In (place name) however, resides a group called "The Iron Bond" in which the members identify by iron rings. They work together to fight against the government. Will you find out what the government is hiding and reveal their secrets and lies?

Half Angel Half Demon (RP):

Before humans, there were angels and demons who roamed the land. After one great battle between the angels and demons, they ceased to exist. Centuries later, only myths remain. As challenges and problems rise, the characters slowly discovers their true heritage (of being half angel / demon). Will another great battle happen once more, or will everyone live in peace?

The Butterfly Effect (SG):

Again, no specific description but basically it will have the same beginning and the characters will make choices until the come to the ending of the story. Then it will go all over again where characters can make different choices if they wish to come to a different ending and repeat until everyone or most people are happy with the ending.

This could also be like my other idea Crime Scene where it will be ongoing and have a different storyline every time.
        Tainted (RP):

No exact description but a society where there are normal people and 'gifted' people who has control over one of the four elements (fire, water, earth, air). However some people developed to have control over two elements, and while some oblivious people got taken to the government to train to fight, often for wrong purposes, while others got recruited by a secret group to rescue those taken by the government.

Shadowhunters (RP):

This is pretty self explanatory if you have read Cassandra Clare's books but basically a rp in that setting.

Willow Town (RP or SG):

Willow Town has been long governed by a line of nobles, the Willows. It's a peaceful little town, however things go crazy when sudden unexplained deaths occur in town.

I know this is yet another very vague description but this involves vampires and stuff.

Cruise (RP or SG):

No exact description but the characters are on a cruise ship and they go travel together. RP will be half on the cruise ship and half at places all around the world.

Stars Align (RP):

Inspired by Fighter of Destiny (the concept of the storyline was good but the show was bad, although it had Luhan in it)

Everyone has a soul, the only difference is to what extent do you use it. There are 9 stages:

Cantrip -- simple tricks of the eye
        Incantator -- able to do small tricks
        Star gazer -- can tie their soul to a star
        Thaumaturge -- can use the elements of nature
        Hex -- can cast magic spells
        Channeller -- can channel magic to and from other objects or beings
        Sorcerer(ess) -- can make their own spells
        Celestial -- powerful enough to be godlike
        God(ess) -- literally a god(ess)

Of course, there are the simple people that don't have any aspirations to have any magical power.

There will be 3 different schools where the character can train in (more details later) and also a skills competition with a ranking system (or not).

Please comment if you see anything you like.

Comment

• losersam
          losersam commented
          Editing a comment
          i like soulmates, past lives, and stardom!

• TheSocialWeirdo
          TheSocialWeirdo commented
          Editing a comment
          I like Cruise & Tainted

It is the annual ball in the kingdom of Acruadia. Most princesses of Acruadia have princes to go with but some don't. SO Acruadia invites princes from Cridoda (A neighboring kingdom) the week before the ball so the princesses can find dates. Will they find a date?

idk just though of this..

Comment

Runaways

Teens runaway from home, because their life is horrendous.

Might add more, you get the idea though.

Comment

Ghosts (SG)
          It is common knowledge that there are agents working for the government everywhere. What the public don’t know is that these agents are split into the groups: White agents, black agents and ghosts.
          Ghosts are nameless, traceless, highly trained operatives with the ability to function under high-stress environments.
          Until today, it was never needed for ghosts to work together. When a high-status celebrity is accidentally the only witness to an international crime, these 6 agents must learn to work with others, and protect this movie star - all while keeping their true identity a secret from the outside world and each other.

Crimson Summer will be ending after the 4th installment, so I thought I should generate interest for this SG now rather than later.
          While this is separate from my Crimson Summer Trilogy, it will be operating the same way - meaning a specific number of participants, and you'll have a certain character template and gender to follow.

Would anyone be interested?

Comment

• Lily_Li
            Lily_Li commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm interested

• Cam Boulder
            Cam Boulder commented
            Editing a comment
            This sounds interesting

• spacefaringpotato
            spacefaringpotato commented