Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

The Forums Move, and What It Means For Us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forums Move, and What It Means For Us

For those of you who have not already heard, the forums are moving to a new host, and pretty much everything we have in this subforum will be lost- you can find details on the move here.

We will clearly be HEAVILY affected by this, and I think it's really important that we talk about what we should do now.

As
    y'all know, we have a lot of active RPs/SGs going, and in t-2 weeks, all of them will be lost. So what should we do about this? I know it will be beyond painful, but we need to choose how to move forward.

I plan to archive the New Ideas Thread, including every single idea on it, used or unused, and repost them all when we make the move. I also plan to archive every RP/SG guide ever created just in case they don't get moved with us, and they'll be reposted.

However, as for our active RPs and SGs, I want to hear your thoughts. Signups can be moved with little difficulty- all RP/SG creators, just make sure you save everything you have from your threads that are in sign-ups still and repost when we get there. For our active RPs/SGs though, we can either 1) try to continue where we left off, even though we won't have the history of the threads, 2) just let them die, 3) let creators choose to attempt to try to continue or just give up, or 4) any other alternative. This thread is to talk about that. Please voice your opinions on this-this is absolutely urgent.

~~

And this thread is an emotionally founded one too. I know this is probably really tough on a lot of us. A year and eight months of memories I've made and writing I've developed and RPs I'll never forget are being buried here. I'm barely holding back tears at the thought of not being able to see so much of this place again. Some of you have been here for more or less time than me, but it's like losing a piece of ourselves for probably all of us. I just want to say that we RPers are a family. Whether this move ends up being for the better or the worse, we stick together. We kick butt with our writing. We will find the best way we can through this. And we will never forget what we have here. This place is amazing memories and even more amazing friends. If you need a place to rant, a virtual shoulder to cry on, this thread is here for that too.

Tagging active RPers- if I missed anyone, please tag them for me.

AwesomeAnon
    Cam Boulder
    Once Upon A Time
    michael
    EpisodeGirl5678
    Kittenlove
    Once Upon A Time
    FallenAngelNight13
    LHT
    Mashia
    Mia the Duckling
    ScarletSwanHunter
    Cricket Master
    L375
    Catarla
    Fate
    Darling_episode
    Ellaaaxp
    Mistystar88
    LTea
    TheBluGeek
    SillyCupcake22233
    Purple Rose
    DanicaBescae
    Chidimma
    j.d.episode
    Ypsilon
    Mia Turner
    Alissa Turner

Comment

• allyy20
      allyy20 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm an active roleplayer on The Switch..

Thank you for tagging me. This is hard on me, too.

Thank you for archiving Fairy-taled.

I will miss this thread so much.

Also holding back tears.

Comment

Well, my best RP ever began and ended here... RIP Orphans, you will be missed - but I'm also a little bit excited for the new forums, it looks nice and I'm debating on making something along the same genre of Orphans... but we'll see!

Comment

• Mehek
        Mehek commented
        Editing a comment
        As of now, Anon and I are planning to save all the posts from installments 1 and 2, and I think we'd definitely be able to link them to you! If it's not too much work for you, feel free to save 3, otherwise, that's alright.

I don't know if this will work at all. This is just a suggestion but, if the creator of said SG or RP saves the past history in a doc and puts it on the new website or whatever it will be. That way you can continue it and have the history of what happened... Just an idea.

Comment

• Mehek
        Mehek commented
        Editing a comment
        I think this is a good idea, and if possible, we should ask creators if they'd be willing to move their RPs or general RPers if they'd be willing to if the creator can't and they want it to stay still.

I already have 'The Arena' and 'Kingdoms' recorded on google docs (wasn't a waste of time after all. XD ) so I'm good to move. I'll make a note of the waiting list on my review thread, and I'll save my weekly suggestions. I already save my tips and trix articles... To be honest, I'm more than keen for this move, so I can change a few things and get a fresh start. While I will miss some of the memories I had, I'll still remember them. Plus, I didn't make that many, besides a few hilarious games and Fairy tale-d. Though I will miss those posts, I really like the idea of a blank slate. means I can re-start things with a clear organisation, now that I know what I'm doing.

Also, if you want help recording anything, just let me know. I have a lot of spare time, besides my own procrastination projects, so I'm happy to help if you need it! ^-^

Comment

• LTea
        LTea commented
        Editing a comment
        The whole thread? *checks back over post count* uhhhh... 0_0
        I could throw it all into a google doc for you. Should be simple enough, might take me a while though.

• EpisodeGirl5678
        EpisodeGirl5678 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much. I just need you to copy and paste every post and funny comment on a doc in order I am also trying to, but won't have access to docs for a whole weekend. I will take care of organising and making it pretty the top priority is to get it all down, so we don't lose any! Want to PM about this? Thanks again!

• LTea
        LTea commented
        Editing a comment
        I can get it all down. I'll have a good karaoke sesh as I go. X)

Some of us are gonna be taking on our old favorites or new current RPs to record- I'll make a masterlist of who's doing what as far as I know- please tag me with additions for it.

New Ideas + RP Guides: Mehek

Fairy-taled: LTea
      Orphans: AwesomeAnon
      Heroes And Villains School: Cam Boulder
      The Switch: Scarlet
      Fairy-Taled Signups: Scarlet
      The End of the Rainbow: Mashia
      The Mystery of Sacred Hills: Anon
      Amor Nervosa: Catarla/Cam
      Galileo: Once/Purple/Fallen
      Orphans 2: Ella
      The Hunt: Fallen
      Runaways: Fallen
      DICE: Chidimma

(All RPs that are currently just signup threads are being left to the creators to handle or delegate to someone else)

Things that still need to be claimed (feel free to add to this):
      Orphans 3
      Last edited by Mehek; 02-08-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I've almost been on the forums for a whole year, and the RP/SG section for almost half a year. In this amount of time, I have loved, enjoyed, and cherished every moment. These memories will never leave me or be forgotten. It was in this RP/SG section that I had improved my writing more than I could ever have imagined, made and bonded with new friends, laughed and cried about characters, and more. I don't remember how my life was like before this to be honest. You've all been so understanding and accepting towards me all along, you've all certainly put up with my cringy moments. This? This is much more than just a random website. This is a community, a family. I will always be here to support each on of you, and I'm so proud and lucky to be a part of such an awesome group of people. I can't express how disappointed I was when I first heard about this forum change. The forums, and the RP/SG section in particular was always my comfort places and I the fact that this was changing didn't settle well within me. However, I know for a fact that we'll all grow closer with this experience.

And so, for all those reasons listed above and more, I want to try to help anyone anyway I can. I'm open to help save and find posts, copying posts for later use, searching for threads, and more. Tag me, PM me, or comment if you need any help. Keep in mind though that two weeks to save everything is short, and I might not nessesarily be able to salvage everything. What I recommend is asking some of the RPers in your RP or SG to help you, split up the pages and the post, and this will be finished much quicker. I wish everyone the best of luck of keeping all of these pages and posts.

Advice for those that already have sign up threads, and are planning to start soon: Don't. Don't start before this new change of websites. If you do create the official thread, your RP/SG thread might not be moved over, and that'll decrease the chances of others thread being moved over.

Idea:
        Start a blank Google Document on Google Docs specifically for saving RPs/SGs, post it on the Forums, and allow access to everyone. We can all help each other out. Whenever we have time, we can go and help each other with copying and pasting posts. This way, the RP/SG creator isn't the only one saving these wonderful posts. Everyone is contributing.

Last edited by Once Upon A Time; 02-07-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I'm super sad about this. I know I just started roleplaying when The Switch opened, but really seeing and making my characters react to others was really fun. I really enjoy watching EpisodeGirl5678 with Kittenlove ... It was truly a great first experience and it's so sad seeing my first roleplay memory going to be gone, just like that.

Comment

• EpisodeGirl5678
            Editing a comment
            I am too. I will miss our RP, but I may be able to restart!

I volunteer. I know I'm new, only been on her for a month, not even, but I love this place. All the people here are amazing. I can try record The Switch (If I can or if EpisodeGirl still wants to continue it) or anything else you want to assign me too. I don't want any of this to just disappear. I have so many RP's that I had planned to go through a read. Assign me to anything Captain Mehek I'm here to help in any way I can.

Comment

• EpisodeGirl5678
            Editing a comment
            I would really appreciate you doing the switch, and if you can, Fairytaled Sign Ups. Thanks again, if you can't that's okay.

• ScarletSwanHunter
            ScarletSwanHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            EpisodeGirl5678 Of course. Anything I can do to help, I'll do it! Mehek You'll have to tell me how exactly you want it to be done.

• Mehek
            Mehek commented
            Editing a comment
            ScarletSwanHunter As far as formatting goes, I'd say a Google doc probably, and how you copy it over (IE: post by post, copy whole pages, something else) is up to you and EpisodeGirl5678 so long as it's saved and accessible

It will definitely be sad to see the current Episode Forums go. I remember joining a couple of years back just so that I could ask for directing tips and such. On the contrary, the past few months (maybe a year, even) in the RP/SG and Forum Game communities has helped greatly develop as a person. I wouldn't have met so many amazing people, I wouldn't have experienced so many iconic RP/SG moments, and I wouldn't even have a place to look forward to visiting every afternoon. The Episode Forums have become a big part of my life, and it'll really sad to see so much of them go.

I'll gladly help back up some forum threads, just tell me which. If you'd like, I can compile any existing RP signup threads into one document, along with reserves, information, and such. I'm here to help in any way possible, Mehek.

Comment

• Mehek
            Mehek commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for offering your help L3! Hecka appreciated ^-^
            I'd say ask Fallen about Galileo, or Mia about The End of the Rainbow, and if neither needs your help there, I'd suggest taking on Orphans 2

I've just kinda began all these RP's and SG's, and you guys already feel like family. Thanks for inviting me in with open arms ;( you are all so friggin talented and it's been an honor getting to know a lot of you! BUT LETS NOT LET THIS BE AN END!! Mehek, you are honestly amazing for trying to get all this together. Again, thank you everyone ❤️❤️ hope this all gets worked out.

Comment

Damn this is sad. Everything will be lost, every thread I made and contributed to. I honestly think maybe option 3 may be best, idk. It such a shame though that all these amazing rps and sgs will be lost

Comment

Darn it, I literally can't even remember what I was doing with my life before the forums. It's sad that we're gonna lose all these memories
              I can try to help with some RPs and copying them down but I can't promise I'll be able to finish. Knowing me, I'd probably procrastinate but I'll try nonetheless!

Comment

• Mehek
                Mehek commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Mashia! Mia's let me know that she wants to archive The End of the Rainbow, since it's a bit of a shorter one, could you do that?

• Mashia
                Mashia commented
                Editing a comment
                Sure! I'll try to start doing it as soon as possible. Do I just copy them on to a Google Docs?

• Mehek
                Mehek commented
                Editing a comment
                Mashia yes! On the account Anon made on the next page

I'll try to copy down an RP as well, but I don't know which one I should do...

Comment

• Mehek
                Mehek commented
                Editing a comment
                Could you and Once Upon A Time could work together on Galileo since it's a bit of a longer one? Once has let me know she'd be willing to help as well, so you two could coordinate.

• Purple Rose
                Purple Rose commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay I'll do it.
            Working...
            X