Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with reads!

Hello!
    I'm reaching out to any lovely people who could possibly read my story! EVEN IF YOU ONLY READ ONE EPISODE!
    I'm asking because I'm having severe self-doubt in my ability to write stories and would love some feedback from people to let me know what you think!
    The fact I've spent a lot of time on the episodes I've published but don't seem to be getting any reads is crippling my anxiety.
    I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHARE OUR STORIES AND READ EACH OTHERS TO HELP ONE ANOTHER OUT!
    I'll read as many as I can but would appreciate a read back!

I have some hearing problems so there is no sound and any stories I read with sound - I am unlikely to hear some of it!
    Title: Alba: Collecting Wolves
    Author: J A Eaton
    Genre: Fantasy/Romance/Mystery
    Style: INK
    Episodes: 10 (ongoing)
    Short Description: 4 Wolves with white eyes are missing, no one knows where they are, who took them or why? Maeve's next!
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6206516755562496

Hi J A Eaton,

The first part of ur story really scared me lol tht guy without a mouth >.<!!!
    I like Maeve the best lol she is to the point :P

If you could read and check out my story it wud help alot

Its called Love or Lust and its a horror/vampire genre by me Miya The Diva
    I'm new so I don't think it's really the best so any feedback for improvement will be appreciated thank u

link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4776144596500480
    Last edited by Miya The Diva; 10-05-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Miya The Diva
      Miya The Diva commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you so much I've added your story to my favourites as well

• JAEatonstories
      JAEatonstories commented
      Editing a comment
      I managed to read your story and I enjoyed it!
      I like the mystery that surrounds Michael - I found it kind of odd how close Grace and Michael were together having only just met though?

• Miya The Diva
      Miya The Diva commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I know that will be explained why in the next chapter :P why they are acting so close it's part of the plot actually thank you so much for your feedback much appreciated <3

I'll read your story now and send a dm

Title: 7 Step Guide To Solving A Murder

Author: Gisele M.

Description: Your dream job was to be a detective. When you're finally given a chance to solve a murder. Can you solve the mystery?

Genre: Mystery

Episodes: 7 (completed)

Style: Ink

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4602564426072064

Comment

Heya I'll start your story at some point today and PM you
    I'd really appreciate some feedback on my story too, I'm sure you are worrying about nothing, your story sounds great

Title: Lana's love
    Author: kittyKoala
    Style: Classic
    Chapters: 11 (Ongoing)
    Description: Lana is beautiful but her insecurities rule her life. Can one person change that; even with the secrets he's forced to keep?
    Genre: Romance fantasy.
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6072010427072512
    Thank you

Comment

• JAEatonstories
      JAEatonstories commented
      Editing a comment
      I will start reading yours either tonight or tomorrow! Its currently in my favourites waiting for me to finish the ones above.

• JAEatonstories
      JAEatonstories commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, I've just finished the first episode of your story! I love the idea behind your story but I can't bring myself to read anymore episodes because classic style creeps me out. I'm so sorry! Its just a personal preference, I think someone who likes the classic style would enjoy your story though!

• KittyKoala
      KittyKoala commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, it's fine. I'm the same with the limelight style. Thank you so much for reading

Hey there, I'll check out your story and send you screenshots as proof once I'm done!
    Here's mine:
    Title: The Darkness Within (Limelight)
    Author: Zayen
    Description: Tragedy descends the day your ability emerges. Will possessing such ability prove to be a blessing or a curse?
    Genre: Fantasy
    Episodes: 6 (ongoing)
    Style: Limelight
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5805209858867200

Comment

• JAEatonstories
      JAEatonstories commented
      Editing a comment
      I've realised that I already have one of your stories in my favourites!
      I'm reading Necessary Evil and I love it! I look forward to reading the limelight version of The darkness within!

• Zayen
      Zayen commented
      Editing a comment
      JAEatonstories Aww, I'm really glad to know that you like Necessary Evil! I hope you'll like The Darkness Within as well. Anyway, I'm going to start on your story today

Heya (:

EP. 1 -

Pros :
    You use well transitions, spot directing and zooms. It gives your story a professional look.
    English isn't my first language but I can tell that you're a good writer, I didn't see any mistakes.
    Your story looks great. There's not bugs in it, people walk when they walk, people talk when they talk.
    It seems stupid, but this is another thing that give your story a professional look.
    You use choices well. I appreciated the fact that you let us know that our choices will be remembered and that they have an impact on the story.

Cons :
    I wrote cons, but they're not really cons.
    By writing 'they seem a little dull', you show your anxiety. And I sooo understand, as I'm doing anxiety myself.
    You don't have to mention that, if people love the universe of your story, they will continue reading it. If they don't,
    even though you specified that the story will get better, they will stop reading it. If you feel that your first chapter isn't enough, edit them.
    But personally, I loved your first chapter and it is better that your story starts slow than too quickly.

EP. 2 -
    I love how you used overlays and custom backgrounds. When they lay on the grass, it's really cute!
    The 'Over. My. Dead. Body.' makes me smile, hehe. (:
    I don't have any cons, except the same thing that a mention earlier.
    Aaand now that I think of it, I was a little confused with the mindlink, I mean, I understand it, but I had a little difficulty to truly know when they were
    able to hear themselves. But I guess I will get better at this through the time. (:

EP. 3 -
    It was nice knowing a little more about her family by meeting Priscilla.
    I have nothing more to say, I liked this episode too. (:

OVERALL :
    I loved your story and I added it to my favorites. You absolutely should not doubt yourself. You did everything perfectly and it looks very professional.
    Reads are something we can't really control. If you enjoy writing your story, continue and -I know it is difficult-, but don't pay attention to the reads.
    However, here's some tips for helping you increase your reads : Do a lot of reads for reads, if you have an episode instagram account, use it to
    contact story reviewers. They will read and review your story on their page. It is helpful. (: Though, it is as much difficult to have a lot of followers on instagram
    than reads on your story, so don't worry with the number of followers. (; Just interact with others, have fun, and eventually you will naturally make friends who will
    help you and that you'll help too. (:
    Aaaaaand tips #1 : Don't doubt yourself hehehe. <3

That's all!

Here's my story, if you wanna check it out :

Name of the story ※ Haunted : Jamie & I
    Author ※ Jasmine V.
    Style ※ Ink
    Story description ※ What happens when your imaginary friend become a little more friend than imaginary?
    Nb of chapters ※ 3
    Genre ※ Mystery
    Linkhttp://episodeinteractive.com/s/4606174745985024

And if you have Instagram or you decide to make one, mine is : jass.episode (:
    I'd love to keep in touch with you.

Have a nice day xx

Comment

• JAEatonstories
      JAEatonstories commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for a very detailed review! I really REALLY appreciate it and your kind words have given me a boost of confidence which I am grateful for!

I think the anxiety is worsened with publishing the story because you are literally putting your time and effort into something that is basically a part of you for millions of people to judge.

With regards to the mind-link thing - I think if you haven't read many wolf stories it probably gets confusing but although my story is about wolves, it isn't primarily about the wolf abilities so once the story reaches its plot climax, mind-links e.t.c won't be included as often as they are currently.

The problem I have with read for reads is that I have a toddler so the only time I get to myself is at night so I don't really have much time to read any stories to be honest! But I will try and do as many as I can.

I do have Instagram but I'm like a 70 year old trapped in a 23 year olds body! I hate it, if I could rent out my account to someone so they could do it all for me I think I probably would! However I will follow you on it!

I will read your story as soon as I can! Hopefully tonight, if not it will probably be tomorrow.

I'll start reading it and PM you with some feedback!! I would love if you could read mine and give a review?? I feel the same with my story

Title:
    Changed
    Author: G. Lambent
    Genre: Drama/Romance
    Chapters: 5 (ongoing)
    Style: Ink

Description: Forever trapped. Forever engulfed in darkness. How do you find your identity when you've been stripped of one? Battles stereotypical views society holds on individuals and how perfection is in the eye of the beholder.

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5031726030782464

Comment

• JAEatonstories
      JAEatonstories commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey I'm just about to start reading your story and will send you a message with what I think!
Working...
X