Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Read for Free!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read for Free!

Hi!

i won’t require a screenshot this time. It’s fun reading the different ideas out there, and I love giving constructive criticism,...

but it it’d be nice if I can get some back. Lol

If you prefer comments PM’d... let me know!

Title: Personal Taste
    Author: Grace
    Genre: Romance/suspense/comedy
    Description: What if you think the guy you fall for is gay...
    What if you’re using the girl love...
    Do you get a happy ending?

Episodes: 4... ongoing (2 a week)

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5861027575103488

hi all! Just wanted to let you know.

i Read Sunday-Wednesday and write Thursday thru Saturday so if I don’t seem to get back right away, I’m not ignoring you.
    Last edited by aislinn21; 11-13-2017, 07:06 AM.

I invite you to try my story. I will also take a look at yours as it sounds very unique.

Title: Speak
    Author: J. Miley
    Genre: Drama (has elements of romance, mystery, and comedy)
    Style: Ink
    Description: With a dark past surrounding her parents' death and unable to speak, Liz tries to find a way to move on with her life.
    Episodes: Just published Episode 38 (Update 1-2xs a week)

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6660427486068736

Comment

• aislinn21
      aislinn21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi! Your first episode was great so far! Just so you know, the roommate scene has errors.
      First you can’t see Elizabeth and when Gregory is about to leave, you can’t see Gregory T-T

• StillyMom
      StillyMom commented
      Editing a comment
      In episode 1. Elizabeth walks off screen. You still see her speech bubbles, but you don't see her. That is intentional.

• aislinn21
      aislinn21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooooooh. I c

I'll read your story and pm you
    Title: 7 Step Guide To Solving A Murder

Author: Gisele M.

Description: Your dream job was to be a detective. When you're finally given a chance to solve a murder. Can you solve the mystery?

Genre: Mystery

Episodes: 7 (completed)

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4602564426072064

Comment

• aislinn21
      aislinn21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi. So far I’m liking your concept!
      However, I’m really confused.
      Did “your” parents buy jimmy the apartment? Or his? And did he lose his job? I’m trying to use context, but your discussion could use a little more solidarity

I’ll keep reading and posting.

• Ravenelesig
      Ravenelesig commented
      Editing a comment
      aislinn21 The main character's parents bought Jimmy the apartment which she now lives in with him. He didn't lose his job he works at the pizza place There is a whole backstory but I only mention certain parts of it so the user can kind of create their own backstory.

I'll add your story to my shelf and get started on it soon, I hope you can check mine out

Title: Finding Ourselves Together
    Author: Kat Valentine
    Genre: Romance/Drama
    Chapters: 9 (ongoing)
    Description: See that girl, what's her name? Lia. She's changed a lot, not in a good way. What happened to her? Well...
    He happened.

Link- http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6269696848166912
    Instagram: @kats_episode

Comment

• aislinn21
      aislinn21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Episode 3 where the to be bf kisses her... or hug i think
      Episode 2 where the to be bf kisses her cheek.

He's in front of her.

:/ LOL

• Kat.Valentine
      Kat.Valentine commented
      Editing a comment
      aislinn21 Oh ok, I think they're both kisses on the cheek because they don't properly kiss or hug until later episodes. I put him in front intentionally otherwise he would be kissing the back of her head lol

• aislinn21
      aislinn21 commented
      Editing a comment
      lol that would be hilarious

Grace is dance_groove
    !!!
    Thank. I’m excited to read yours too.
    pst. I have a list.... lol

Comment

Hi, this is my story and I hope you can give it a read.

Title: The Job Of Love
      Author: R.episodeofficial
      Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6340998113001472
      Genre: Drama (Mix of Drama/Romance/Mystery)
      Episodes: 23 (ongoing)
      Style: INK
      Description: Will she open her broken heart to a cocky lawyer despite all the secrets he's keeping?Passion, lies and betrayal await.

Instagram: r.episodeofficial

Thank you

Comment

• r.episodeofficial
        r.episodeofficial commented
        Editing a comment
        aislinn21 Hi, thank you for reading my story and sharing your feedback.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hair changes for guys"... maybe you're confusing my story with another one.
        I've just checked chapter 3 because I didn't remember using the words "and then" but I couldn't find them in the script. Could you please send me a screenshot of the scene or tell me in which scene you found that? I really would like to correct them.
        Also, why did you find the zoomings and timings rough? I'm not complaining, just asking to better understand what I can improve.

Thank you
        Last edited by r.episodeofficial; 11-07-2017, 01:06 AM.

• aislinn21
        aislinn21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol it was small.
        Christopher’s hair change. Really made a good character build. Slacker in college, business clean after...

I will find the and then points later and send to you and give you an example of when it’d be better smoother.

• r.episodeofficial
        r.episodeofficial commented
        Editing a comment
        aislinn21 Oh, Christopher's hair! You're right lol

I'm so glad you liked it. I tried my best to build all the characters as I wanted them and I tried to put it on the screen with physical features and personalities. <3

Hey !
      I hope you could also read mine.

Title : Deep Desire
      Author: Jalen
      Genre: Romance/Drama
      Episodes: 5 (ongoing)
      Style. INK
      Description : Innocent girl meets powerful and attractive CEO. Is she be able to resist his charme or will she hopelessly fall for him?

LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5618460256239616

Instagram: jalen_episode

Thank you!!!

Comment

• jalen_episode
        jalen_episode commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey!
        I'm sorry I just read your message!
        Thank you so much for reviewing our story that really helped alot!!
        This is actually our first story and we're not natives, so we still have our problems with the language :/

We're definitly going to change some things you recommended but it would be a little too much to change everything for example the POV, because we already wrote 12 episodes...:/
        We realised that our first episodes were not as advanced as our recent ones as we continuously learn more .

And could you maybe tell me how to change the speechbubble from lukas for example to unknown?
        So that he could still do the emotions. Because I just know that you can change the Narrator bubbles name...
        That would be awsome!

Thanks again!!
        It's really great to read a constructive message and we were really happy that you found the story interesting!

And of course we would be glad if you read chapter 2!
        Last edited by jalen_episode; 11-10-2017, 11:03 AM.

• aislinn21
        aislinn21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for taking my suggestions in the spirit they were given. It was amazing regardless of the language mishaps
        I think the easiest way to narrator unknown is create a character that looks exactly like the one with the name and name him unknown...

That’s the way I’d do it, then again, I’m a newbie too lol. Hopefully anyone else more experienced reading these posts can help give us both a better idea if they have one
        My reading days are Sunday-Wednesday and my writing days are Thursday-Saturday So!!! I’ll read chapter 2 next week!

• jalen_episode
        jalen_episode commented
        Editing a comment
        That's actually a very good idea for making the unknown speechbubble. But unfortunately i think it's not possible for my story as the customization takes place and there I have to put the character Lukas in and he has to stay afterwards because of the changes that were made by the reader. But for other instances it can be applied , that's good to know!

Thank you again!!!
        Have you already published something? You seem pretty good at it, so maybe I could read something from you too.

Hello, I would love for you to read mine! I also appreciate HONEST feedback. I can take it! I can't get better unless I know what is wrong!!

Title: RANSOM
      Author: Jo7679
      Episodes: 5 and counting!
      Description: When Bryson heads on out a hit job he has no idea he would find a kidnapped girl. But why doesn't she want to go home?
      Style: Limelight

LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6314769482121216

Comment

• aislinn21
        aislinn21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi @Jo7679!

I finished chapter 1 and I’m very intrigued by your storyline. And I like how you intro’d into it.
        A few things I would definitely work on:
        Transitioning your characters on and off screen. It’s hard to feel a flow in your story if the characters seem to apparate into different places.
        Also, at one point, it looked like they grew bigger from the floor instead of coming into the room.

Another thing I would work on is the characters reactions to each other as they speak and try encounter events.

Like even though Addison found herself at the house of her moms murderers, there was no reaction, outward or inward.

Also, Addison complained about walking on her feet but she was standing in place while she did it so it was hard to track how the situation was evolving.

It’s a great plot and I’m thrilled to keep reading.
        There were too many grammatical errors for me to go through them all, and if you’d like to send it to me, I can try to keep your style and just fix it...

Also, let me know if you’d like me to keep going and send you my review for chapter two.

Addison’s my kind of gal!

• Jo7679
        Jo7679 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for aislinn21 for all of your feedback! I am VERY new to Episode and have been having some issues getting all the kinks worked out! If you are willing I can send you it, but I don't know how! I am sure that it is a mess to deal with!LOL! It would probably be a great help for me to see it fixed properly so I can kind of use it as a template. I am definitely getting better as time goes on but have a ways to go.

I appreciate ALL the feedback! Especially the "constructive negative" as that is how to get better. Please, if you are interested in it I can send it to you to see how to properly work it.

Thank you
        Jo7679

Here is my story! Hope you'll enjoy it
      Title: The Darkness Within (Limelight)
      Author: Zayen
      Description: Tragedy descends the day your ability emerges. Will possessing such ability prove to be a blessing or a curse?
      Genre: Fantasy/Mystery/Thriller
      Episodes: 6 (ongoing)
      Style: Limelight
      Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5805209858867200

Comment

• aislinn21
        aislinn21 commented
        Editing a comment
        You’ve got a very compelling story here. And I appreciate that you used the background option for your back story.

I’m not very into horror/thrillers (Stephen King burned it out of me) but I wanted to give it a try so I can give you constructive feedback.

I’m not sure if it’s limelight or if it’s my eyes, by the font in the convos felt very small...

I might just be old though...

Good usage of zoom and items.

There wasn’t much for me to go on so I will gather my courage and continue on chapter 2 tomorrow.

Deep breath.

• Zayen
        Zayen commented
        Editing a comment
        aislinn21 Thanks for checking it out and I appreciate your feedback! I will adjust the size of the speech bubbles wherever necessary

Hi
      Let me know what you think of my story!

This is my story:

Title: Desire
      Author: Sam
      Genre: Comedy (Mix of Drama/Romance/Comedy)
      Episodes: 7 (ongoing)
      Description: Follow along Damon as his world turns upside down when he meets mysterious Elena...
      Instagram: desire_episode
      http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6576512796721152

Thank you so much!

Comment

• aislinn21
        aislinn21 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got lost.
        And it’s not your fault only because sooooo many of us make female leads. Lol
        Can you refer to Penelope as Damon’s sister not “your”?

• aislinn21
        aislinn21 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just realized my post never got finished. Lol

So im reading along. Your writing style is great and sense of humor is one I can relate to.

I definitely like the interaction between main character and writer.
        It’s just a suggestion because there’s such a strong relationship between reader and main, but how do you feel about erasing everyone else’s thoughts? I think the reader would feel like they are truly reading from his perspective.
        Props on a male main character too.

As far as the directing goes, I would smooth out the transitions from daydream to reality. The moving around makes it hard to interpret.
        Also, there are some sliding especially from one scene to the next, and while the zooms are nice and appropriate, sometimes, I think there is too much time spent on one zoom area.

Lastly, there are enough typos existent that they are very distracting from the story.

I like what you’ve done so far and look forward to more

Hi Grace! Thanks for checking out my story. I just followed you on the app so I can check yours out as well. Feel free to follow me on Instagram @ DR_Episode

Title: The Night Of
      Author: DR
      Episodes: 5 (Complete)
      Genre: Drama/Romance
      Summary: Anna moves to the big city. But her first night doesn't go quite as planned when she learns her roommate's dark secret.
      http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6017654277144576

Comment

• aislinn21
        aislinn21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi. So on chapter 1, you got my attention which was good, but i feel like it could have been a little more developed... and I’m not sure if I’m the only one to think this way, but I don’t think anyone would just go into the closet of someone they just met.... :/ maybe her roommate could give it to her in case she changed her mind or something....

And the first scene and the last do not match.
        Backgrounds, and also characters...
        So I think you should either add in the guy at the beginning or maybe do a zoom in, and choose only one background...

On to #2

• aislinn21
        aislinn21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay. Chapter 2 helped and I figured out the background from chapter 1.
        I think you did a great job naturally introducing Jax and raven into the screen great directing

Chapter 3,... what do you think about her trying on the dress from the right side, since that’s where she was admiring the dress from?

I finished
        Just in general, it was a good plot thought, but as a story, it was difficult to get engrossed in this one. :/
        There wasn’t enough to feel a connection to the characters, and I’m not sure they acted or reacted in a reasonable manner...

Like cops would not condone rock throwing, nor would they use violence as a first choice...
        A bouncer wouldn’t just figure that Anna and mason were at fault.
        Nor would a stolen dress show up on a radar, even if it is a Dior...

I’m figuring this is a test the kinks in the Episode kind of story, but I think it has the bones of a story that could be great.
        Last edited by aislinn21; 11-14-2017, 11:30 AM.

I'd love to!
      Title: Killjoy
      Author: Lexi Lu
      Description: Aubrey is your average girl- well almost. Now she's stumbling into the world of parties, boys, and trouble
      Link - http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5513115953004544

Comment

Hi Thank you su much!!

Title: The Past Shapes Us
        Author: Solete
        Description: Samuel is a young detective working on a series of murders while trying to find himself, will he follow the right path or will his dark past stop him.
        Genre: Mystery/Crime
        Chapters: 10 (ongoing)

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4735516289007616

Comment

Hello! I'm a new writer in the episode app, and I'd love to receive from you feedback and advice on my story.

I'm starting but I promise you will not be disappointed, I have lots of ideas for this story and I'm exploring several points of view, several personalities.

I'm gonna take a look, your story looks good

Title: Death The Girl
          Author: Catthegirl
          Description: You have been trained all your life to avenge the death of your parents. But will you fall in love with the enemy?
          CHAPTERS: Seven (ongoing)
          LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5063136836190208
          Instagram: catthegirl.episode

Thank you

Comment

Title:COMPLICATED
            Author: Noemi_aka_Nena
            Description: Can you truest a criminal? Or is it really a criminal?
            CHAPTERS: 13 all finish
            LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6440830963417088

Comment

Working...
            X