Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT TWR ANNOUNCEMENT

**~~ANNOUNCEMENT!~~** All The Writers' Room members please check the TWR forums for an important new thread! Your feedback is wanted for this exciting announcement & thanks for being part of the team! - JB
See more
See less

Story Review For Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story Review For Review

Hey!

A while back, I got a review for one of my stories, and I enjoyed reading it. I thought that it was very helpful and beneficial to what I needed to fix.

So, I was thinking about making a review for review system. (If this isn't in the right forum, my apologies)

Basically, I will review your story in exchange for some feedback on mine. If I feel that I have enough feedback, I'll probably continue without getting something in return.
    Review is Open.jpg

*Currently, reviews are open! I will update this post if this changes.

If you're interested, you can comment below, or PM me. However, if I don't check my PMs within 24 hours, feel free to comment "Check your PMs" or something like that. If you want everyone to be able to see and leave feedback for your story, I recommend commenting. If you only want me to see it, PM me.

Please note that the amount of episodes you want reviewed WILL affect how quickly your story gets reviewed. If you only want one episode reviewed, you will most likely get your story reviewed before someone who wanted 5 done, despite the order.

Notice: If you are looking for a range of episodes to be reviewed, I will only send you the first one. This will give you a chance to fix errors. At that point, your other chapters should already be finished. All you have to do is reply to the message, and you will have the rest of the reviews sent to you (all at once).
    This way, different users will get at least one episode completed, while I am working on others. This also saves time, as you will have improved, so I can spend less time on your episodes. Standard episodes (without using feedback) take 30 minutes or more to complete. If you have taken feedback, that time should be cut to around 15 minutes. How does this help you? If you are going to be submitting here in the future, your story will be reviewed much faster. See? You help others, and they will help you.

From now on, episode reviews will be submitted independently. Therefore, each episode will get its own private message. One of my reviews usually take 30 minutes, so times will vary. I try to get every single thing that I believe you can improve, and give the most specific review done.

Remember, stories do NOT have to be published in order to be submitted for a review!

Please format it like this:

Story Title:
    Author:
    Art Style:

Share Link:
    Number of Chapters:
    Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed:

Brief Summary:

You can put a range of chapters that you'd like reviewed. However, if you do, SPECIFY. (e.g. 1-3). If you want to submit something like Episode 10-11, make sure that I can skip to that point, unless you have gotten a review from me before that leads me to that point.

You can get more than one review from me!

If you have begun someone's review, like it so that they know! Even if I only see your review, I will like it to let you know it's going to be done.

My reviews are honest and should not be taken harshly. They are solely for the purpose of helping you. I do not mean to offend or hurt anyone.
    They will be formatted like this: (You can use the same format, or change it)

Plot: #/10
    •Originality: #/5
    •Interest: #/5
    Directing: #/10
    •Spot Directing: #/5
    •Smoothness: #/5
    Spelling + Grammar: #/10
    •Spelling: #/5
    •Grammar: #/5
    Choices: #/10
    •Importance: #/5
    •Amount: #/5
    Characters: #/10
    •Background Character Variety: #/5
    •Number of Characters Used: #/5
    Overall: #/50

Thank you!
    Rachel Quartz
    Last edited by RachelQuartz; 11-11-2017, 03:04 PM.

Here's mine!

Story Title: Guardian
    Author: Rachel Quartz
    Art Style: Limelight
    Share Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5961209245073408
    Number of Chapters:2
    Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed:1
    Brief Summary: After your family is murdered, you are left with their wealth. Instead of staying behind with the ruins of your family, you run away in hopes of finding justice. However, along the way, things change as you encounter multiple people with special abilities that change everything you thought you knew.

If I do not get to your review within 24 hours, I should notify you. If not, you can PM me, or something like that. But please take into consideration that each episode takes around 30 minutes for a specific and detailed review, meaning 3 episodes will take 1 hour and 30 minutes (or more). This also needs to correspond with my sleep schedule, personal life, and schooling.
    Last edited by RachelQuartz; 11-05-2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Here’s my story:

Story Title: Projection!
      Author: Karlon Artis
      Share Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6046875219918848
      Number of Chapters: 5 (ongoing)
      Specific Chapters You’d Like Reviewed: 3
      Brief Summary: Harry Stevens is looking for his big break in the world of musical theatre. But what will it take to get there?

Comment

• RachelQuartz
        RachelQuartz commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm just wrapping up the review for Episode 1. Would you like them submitted separately so you can see them as I go?

• kahotshot
        kahotshot commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be nice.

• RachelQuartz
        RachelQuartz commented
        Editing a comment
        Your review is now FINISHED! <3

Story Title: Cryptic Killer
      Author: Mia Turner
      Art Style: INK

Share Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5845486620770304
      Number of Chapters: 3
      Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed: 1-3 (is that is alright).

Brief Summary: Strange murders and a case bigger than you could imagine. As secrets spill will you want to discover the truth?

I will start reading yours once I get my hands on my phone

Comment

• Mia Turner
        Mia Turner commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind. Whatever suits you best RachelQuartz

• RachelQuartz
        RachelQuartz commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, thank you! I'll do it separately so you can fix things as you go!

• RachelQuartz
        RachelQuartz commented
        Editing a comment
        Your review is now complete! <3

Title: Killjoy
      Author: Lexi Lu
      Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5513115953004544
      # of chapters: 5
      specific chapters reviewed: 1-3 would be great!
      Description:Aubrey is your average girl- well almost. Now she's stumbling into the world of parties, boys, and trouble.

Comment

• RachelQuartz
        RachelQuartz commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll get that done! Thanks for replying! <3

• RachelQuartz
        RachelQuartz commented
        Editing a comment
        LexiDE, your first episode's review is up. Just message me once you've taken the change to fix some errors in Episode 2 before I proceed! <3

Bump!

Progress Update:
      kahotshot 's review has been completed.
      Mia Turner 's review is 2/3 complete. The 1/3 that has not been done will either be submitted tonight or tomorrow.
      LexiDE 's review is in progress.

Any more reviews (that are not one episode long) will be finished tomorrow. Thank you!

Comment

• LexiDE
        LexiDE commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Story Title: The BodyGuard
      Author: Amii Fayy
      Share Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4915780091248640
      Number of Chapters: 4 (ongoing)
      Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed: 1-3

Brief Summary: The worlds of Cambridge 3 most powerful families collide. What happens when their children starts falling in love?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• RachelQuartz
        RachelQuartz commented
        Editing a comment
        It's now complete!!!! <3 <3

• aicened
        aicened commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! You're awesome <3

• RachelQuartz
        RachelQuartz commented
        Editing a comment
        Anytime!

I'd be happy to help whenever you want!

Bump!

Progress:
      With an exception of LexiDE 's review, all stories have been reviewed!

That means I am open for more reviews!

Comment

Story Title: ForbiddenLove
        Author: GenahF
        Share Link:
        http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4908326887489536
        Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed: 1-3
        Brief Summary: When Tracy meets the love of her life, her town makes them a target. Together they must fight against all odds.

Comment

• RachelQuartz
          RachelQuartz commented
          Editing a comment
          GenahAleja , your first episode's review has now been submitted!

Here's my story:

Title: The Unexpected Magic
        Author: Ellyn
        Description: Adelynn never have thought that her life will change forever after she found out that her mother was murdered...
        Genre: Fantasy / Mystery / Romance
        Style: Ink
        Episodes: 8 (Ongoing) *Episode 9 coming soon!!
        Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4914722346500096

Your support and feedback will be very much appreciated!
        Thanks

Comment

• RachelQuartz
          RachelQuartz commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, Ellyn. Thank you for commenting on this post!

However, you didn't include which episodes you wanted to be reviewed. This is explained at the top of the forums. The way I do things might be different from other reviewers. So, make sure to read it carefully!

• _Ellynnn
          _Ellynnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Till chapter 4 would be great!

• RachelQuartz
          RachelQuartz commented
          Editing a comment
          _Ellynnn Your story review is finished!
          * Remember: I only send the first episode until you message me back letting me know that you've read what I wrote.

I'm looking for honest feedback for my contest story, so this is perfect!

Story Title: Star Power: Going Solo
        Author: DR
        Art Style: Ink
        Share Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5826874642137088
        Number of Chapters: 5
        Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed: 1-5
        Brief Summary: From NY to LA - Will your dreams of becoming a stylist come true or will a rising pop star become your main distraction?

Comment

• RachelQuartz
          RachelQuartz commented
          Editing a comment
          DR.Episode
          Your first episode's review is finished! ♥ Send me a message to let me know that you've read through and are ready to see the next two episodes.

I am after feedback please. Also some hints on how to get your story out there would be great.

Story Title: Joanna
        Author: HopelessRomantic
        Art Style: Ink

Share Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5140942971600896
        Number of Chapters: 20
        Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed: 1 - 9

Brief Summary: Follow Joanna through the trials and tribulations of first love. The awkwardness, the thrill and the passion

Am I correct in that you would like a review on your story in return or have I misunderstood. What is your story?

Comment

• RachelQuartz
          RachelQuartz commented
          Editing a comment
          My story is the first one commented

I'm actually taking a moment to fix up some mistakes in the first episode, so the episode below is just a draft of the completed version.

Here's the information again if you missed it:
          Story Title: Guardian
          Author: Rachel Quartz
          Share Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5961209245073408
          Number of Chapters:2
          Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed:1
          Brief Summary: After your family is murdered, you are left with their wealth. Instead of staying behind with the ruins of your family, you run away in hopes of finding justice. However, along the way, things change as you encounter multiple people with special abilities that change everything you thought you knew.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for commenting! I’ve been slower than normal due to work, but I’m trying to get back on top of my story reviews.

If you have requested a review, each one of them will have already been looked at.
        Quick reminder: BE ACTIVE ON THE FORUMS. I ONLY REVIEW THE FIRST EPISODE UNTIL YOU NOTIFY ME THAT YOU HAVE SEEN THE REVIEW. This saves time, lets me get to everybody’s stories, AND gives you a chance to fix the next episodes. Otherwise, I end up writing the same thing over and over again, which is a waste of time for both of us, as I’ll have to write it and you’ll have to read it.

A review will take a week at most.
        But in the future, it may take longer. I hope you understand!

Thank you!
        Last edited by RachelQuartz; 11-13-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Story Title: The BodyGuard
          Author: Amii Fayy
          Share Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4915780091248640
          Specific Chapter(s) You'd Like Reviewed: 4 (UPDATED)

Brief Summary: Cambridge's 3 most powerful families world collide. What happens when their children start falling in love?

Comment

Working...
          X