Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review for Review/Read!

Hey guys!

I'd like to read and review your stories. In return for my review you can either review my story as well or simply read it.

Here's what you have to do to get a review:
    1. Give my story a read. It's called 'See the Real Me'. Here's the link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4674412178309120
    2. Take a screenshot that will prove that you've read my story (you don't have to read the whole of it if you don't want to. One episode is enough)
    3. Post your story details in this thread:
    Story title:
    Author:
    Genre:
    Link:
    Instagram name:
    4. ATTACH the screenshot (see step 2) to your message here!
    5. Wait for your review!

NOTE: I'm not going to review your story if you don't attach the screenshot.

If you’d like to do review for review, please review my story and PM to DM it to me. I’ll be sure to do the same in no more than a day.
    My Instagram is @arina.episode

I'm going to review 1-3 chapters of your stories (depends on how much I like it). I'll post your review here. Don't expect me to be too harsh or too soft, I'll try my best to give you thorough critique.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm very excited to read your stories!
    Last edited by Arina1998; 01-05-2018, 02:55 AM.

I'd love to do a review for review!
    I'll read your story tomorrow, dm you on Instagram and give you some feedback!

My Story: What happened to Sage?

Author: Bree Ambers

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Romance

Story Style: Ink

Episodes: 4

Short description: One year after the mysterious death of a popular student, you return to Allington.
    What happens when you fall in love with her former boyfriend?

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5562868873953280

(Instagram: breeambers)

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I’ll be happy to hear your thoughts on my story and tell you what I think about yours
      I’ll be waiting for you to DM me ✨

Hey everyone!

First of all, nice idea of making this topic!
    Second, I'd like to promote my story called Upside Down. It's my first story. I've not been able to write for a few months now because of personal events going on.
    But since writing is my passion, nowadays I'm revamping my story and after that I'll republish episode 1-5 and publish a new episode (6). Also the new cover (see attachment) will be introduced! I hope I'll get some reads! Would you like to read my story?
    If you see any mistakes, please let me know. I try to correct all during the revamp but I'm only human so I can still miss things...

Title: Upside Down
    Author: Alphan
    Genre: Romance, Drama, Mystery
    No. of Episodes: 5 (ongoing)
    Story Description: June escaped her previous life. Will she meet people who will love her or will her old enemies destroy her again?
    Link:
    http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6390501417418752

basiscover1.jpg
    Instagram: alphan.episode --> Follow me for updates and for read for read/review for review!

Any messages? I'll be faster to see it and react on Instagram, so don't hesitate to contact me!

Bye,
    Alphan
    x

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Alphan! I'll be happy to review your story after you attach screenshots proving that you've read mine
      You can also DM them to me.

Hi I just add your story to favorite
    Name: King's desire
    Author: Piyi Orfanoudakh
    Genre: Fantasy
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6717842728157184
    Instagram name: piyiorfanoudaki

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey! I'll be happy to review your story after you attach screenshots proving that you've read mine

Story title: Spotlight: Glimpse
    Author: Margaret A. Knox
    Genre: Romance
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5968485623136256
    Instagram name: margaret.knox.episode

Hey! This is my Spotlight on Love contest entry (it's a sort of first draft, so any and all feedback would be appreciated). I'm sending you your story screenshot in your DMs I'm reading it as we speak, so I'll send it in the next five minutes or so!

Comment

• Margaret A. Knox
      Margaret A. Knox commented
      Editing a comment
      I PMed you the screenshot of your story

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll start doing your review now!

Arina1998 Hi! I read your whole story and would love to share mine here. I love your plot and will continue when you update.

Story title: Demon God
    Author: E.Z.
    Genre: Fantasy
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4678673313693696
    Instagram name: @e.z.episode

I got four screenshots of See the Real Me here.
    Check it out.

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reading my story, I'll send you your review today!

Story title: Sophisticated & Deceived
    Author: Briana M.
    Genre: Romance
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5716365262585856
    Instagram name: brianam_episodes

Thanks so much! I don't have screenshots of my story, but you can check out my Instagram to see sneak peaks if you'd like

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey! I'll be happy to review your story after you attach screenshots proving that you've read mine
      You can also DM them to me.

• Briana M.
      Briana M. commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay that’s fine!

Margaret A. Knox here's your review! It's based on the first three chapters.

- PLOT
    I find your plot pretty interesting. You managed to make me wonder what is gonna happen in the next episodes and that's the key to making the readers continue reading your story.

- CHARACTERS
    I love Adelyn! You managed to tell a lot about her without actually stating that she is this this and that. You showed us her character through her actions. I like that she's kinda down-to-earth, caring and creative.

- DIRECTING
    All I can say is WOW! The beginning of the first chapter is so cool, can you teach me how to do such an animation?
    While the story is written in Spotlight, you still did a great job at directing your story. The intro looks good, your custom backrounds are very appealing.
    The only thing I found a bit confusing is that sometimes you use other anitmations instead of talking ones. It's completely alright to do so from time to time, but you seem to do this a lot. I personaly would've preferred to see more talking animations when characters are communicating with each other.

- CHOICES
    Again, WOW! All the choices feel very meaningful and the majority of them actually does impact the storyline. I liked that when we make an important choice there're stars appearing. But maybe they should appear before the actual choice, and not after? Anyway, you do as you like, it's just me being me.
    There's only one choice I found useless - the one when we have to decide who Adelyne will sit with. It doesn't matter who we choose - we'll still sit with Aiden, right?

- SPELLING & GRAMMAR
    I didn't notice any mistakes while reading. Great job!

- ALL IN ALL IMPRESSION
    You've gained yourself a reader!
    I know you asked me to be harsh, but there's practically nothing I can be harsh about. I'm definitely going to keep reading your story because I found it very interesting and well worked out. As I understand, you're an experienced writer and it really shows through you story. Good luck with the contest, you have every chance at winning!

Comment

• Margaret A. Knox
      Margaret A. Knox commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for this review! I honestly am kinda conflicted with the talking vs. idle animations part. I was given the impression that Spotlight was supposed to utilize more idle animations rather than talking (kinda like the Choices app, if you're familiar with that). Also, with the stars thing, I meant the shift to a black and white filter to signify a major choice, and the stars to show that the choice will have consequences (kinda like Life is Strange). Still, thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate it.

Castino here's your review! It's based on the first two chapters.

- PLOT
    I can't say much about your plot as it's not 100 per cent clear to me, at least at this point of your story where I am. But you managed to build suspence, making readers wonder what is actually going on with the MC.

- CHARACTERS
    I can't say anything about the characters. I wish you had given us a but more backround on the MC - maybe show us a day from her life before she was taking by the Demon?

- DIRECTING
    Your direcing seemed somehow confusing. As I understand, you use spot directing and it looks like you don't specify the number of seconds in which the action is done. It makes the characters move abruptly - this looks awkward. Another thing is that you make backround go from the one the action takes place in to a black one. It was kind of strange.
    Also I felt like you use transtioins too much.

- CHOICES
    There are no choices in the first two episodes aside from one outfit choice. That's not a good thing, I suggest you should add a couple of choices.

- SPELLING & GRAMMAR
    I didn't notice many mistakes. Great job here!

- ALL IN ALL IMPRESSION
    I have an impression that everything is a bit abrupt. I do wish we could have more knowledge about the MC just so that we could feel for her. I really didn't, to be honest. But even with that being said, I guess your story has a lot of potential. So keep working on it, keep improving. Try to add custom overlays and backrounds, for example. Good luck!
    Last edited by Arina1998; 01-05-2018, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Castino
      Castino commented
      Editing a comment
      Arina1998 Oh i didn't notice you've tagged me for days! Sorry.

Thanks for your specific feedback. It means a lot for me to get an audience's perspective of my story. I know my story is not so fast on letting people know much about the background information of MC, that is my intent because the background is too complicated. Audiences can get to know everyone of the MC bit by bit as the story proceeding. I don't think it's good to throw out too much information in only first 2 chapters. Idk, maybe that is just my personal view.

For the directing part, I didn't quite understand what you mean...could you please explain it more specifically? Did you mean the first scene at the beginning of chapter 1? If so, it is not a spot directing moving but because Ray is not human and can move instantly.

I am really appreciated for all your words above, and am always trying to perfect my story by all means. : )
      Last edited by Castino; 01-08-2018, 02:02 PM.

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Castino Well, not only Ray and other creatures move abruptly, but the MC as well. And she is a human, right?
      As for the MC’s background, I didn’t mean that you should throw out all the info at once. But at lease something besides the fact that she’s ‘ordinary’ would be good. Again, this may be my personal opinion, you do you.

• Castino
      Castino commented
      Editing a comment
      Arina1998 I still have no idea how that comes out...cuz I did pay attention to avoid abrupt movements and each movement had been added to specific time limit. If you could tell me the scene (if you still remember), I'd be more than thankful.

I'll start reading now!

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay! I'll start reviewing your story as well!

I really need to get eyes on the story I'm currently working on and I'm also in search of some new ones to read so if you could read and give feedback on what I've got so far, I'd love to do the same for you! I would like you feedback to me...

Title: Complicated: with Bad Boy and Ugly Duckling

Author: Mona K

Genre: Romance/Drama

Description: Cathyln is constantly picked on by her peers. Boys make fun of her and her "friends" make her do errands for them. Revenge her peers, betrayers and what if guy changes or not?

Episodes : 3 - ongoing on..

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6610085609078784

Instagram: @monak.episode

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Mona, I’ll be happy to review your story after you have sent me screenshots proving that you’ve read my story

• Mona K
      Mona K commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Arina, I love your story because it’s is beautiful move sorry about blind guy and girl. It is Romance. It so hard life for boy has difficult in past and present. Great directing skills and great script too! 😊 I’m going post your screenshots.

Arina1998

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Mona! Thank you for reading my story, I’m happy you like it! Do you want me to just read your story or do a review?

• Mona K
      Mona K commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Arina, Both and screenshots too!

Mona K Your review is ready. It’s based on the first three chapters.

This time I decided to point out things I liked and didn’t like about your story.

Positive aspects:

+ your use of transitions is quite interesting;

+ your directing, though needing lots of polishing, is more or less good.

Negative aspects:

- your English. Yes, I know you mentioned that your grammar is not good. And still, this fact didn’t let me enjoy your story. Really. It’s practically IMPOSSIBLE to understand what you mean because your grammar is messed up. Sentences don’t even make sense sometimes.

- your story seems unrealistic. Like, very unrealistic. The MC is bullied by everyone. Everyone! Somebody even STEPPED ON HER! And nobody gives a damn about it! How is that possible? Teachers? Parents? Principal? Anyone?
    Sorry to say this, but it is unrealistic and inappropriate. I can’t believe that everyone at her school hates her for no reason.

- you tried to give info on everyone (those four guys and three girls), yet there is practically nothing I found out about the MC besides the fact that everyone bullies her. I got bored when you started to tell about every single person from that group of popular guys.

I don’t mean to be discouraging, but reading your story felt kinda… awkward. Sometimes I couldn’t understand what you wanted to say.
    Please, don’t be offended by what I’ve written here. These are only my thoughts about your story.
    I hope that you’ll manage to make your grammar better and write a good story on Episode.

Comment

• Mona K
      Mona K commented
      Editing a comment
      Arina1998 Thanks you so much for the feedback! Appreciate it very much! I'll hard try my best. I will change my grammar better in the episode because it's so hard to me. I add episode 4 and 5 chapters because it's denser and detail. I will make again revamp soon and later.

Hey there! I'd love to do a review for review. I've added your story to my favorites, and I will check it out later tonight. I will send you screenshots to your Instagram once I've read it if that's okay.
    Story title: Breach of Contract
    Author: Chelsea
    Genre: Action
    Description: Fixated on revenge, she becomes a deadly assassin living by a strict set of rules. Will she be tempted to break them?
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5056498540216320
    Instagram name: episode.chels

Thank you so much!

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Chelsea! I’ll be waiting for you to DM me review on my story, then I’ll review your story as well

Can I send you screenshots on Instagram?

-Title: Damsels and Doppelgängers
    -Author: LameCast
    -Genre: Fantasy, Romance
    -Description:All the evils of the past have returned.
    The fate of the future can only be found in fairy tales.
    -Story Style: Ink
    -Episodes: 2, 3 got messed up when I was updating
    -Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6316428752584704
    -Instagram-lamecast.episode

Last edited by lamecast88; 01-08-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Arina1998
      Arina1998 commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, you can

• lamecast88
      lamecast88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Arina1998 Ok, read and reviewed. I DMed in Instagram!
Working...
X