Announcement

Collapse

It's Time to Move! (Open Beta)

You read it right! We are pleased to announce that the new forums have progressed from Closed Beta to Open Beta and everyone is invited! You can now join us here and begin leaving us feedback here! Thanks to the entire Episode community for your awesome contributions and being part of the Episode Community fam! - The Episode Community Team
See more
See less

Offering reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo free review!

Title: A Golden Apple
    Author: Nicole L. Day
    Ink
    Drama/romance
    "Lily is kicked out by her evil parents. Life turns into chaos all while love is trying to work its way in. Can she defeat evil? Will she fall in love?"
    IG: nic.day.episodes

Comment

• viidii
      viidii commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, you've already posted this No worries, I'd be pretty excited about free reviews too

Hey, thanks for this opportunity.

Title: Filling a Void

Genre: Romance

Episodes: 3

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4742249652682752

Description: An experience makes you shut yourself from the world, would you fill the void in you? Or miss the opportunity of a lifetime?

Comment

• viidii
      viidii commented
      Editing a comment
      HI Based on the first chapter, here's my review.
      It's good, overall! The directing is good and your backgrounds are great!
      But you dont need an introduction for every character/this much narration. I'd cut some of that. Readers like to find out about the characters on their own.
      The choices were good and felt meaningful, but maybe you could include one or two more.

• amber_episode
      amber_episode commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey alright, thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated and I'll look into it xxx

• viidii
      viidii commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome, I'm happy if I'm helpful!

Title: Dispatched
    Description: Janessa has had a rough past that she can't seem to be move on from. Moving to a new state is a start, but what's in store for her?
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4866171007533056
    Author: Briana.writes
    Episodes: 3 ongoing
    Genre: Romance, drama
    Style: Ink
    Instagram: briana.writes

Hi y'all!! It'd mean a ton to me if y'all gave my story a chance, i've spent hours on backgrounds and making sure the directing was good. Thank you!
    Last edited by bribri13; 02-05-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• viidii
      viidii commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi! Based on the first chapter, here's my review.
      The poem in your cover is a bit small and hard to read. Do you think you can make it bigger?
      You also have a small mistake in your description (you don't need "be") and I think I noticed a grammar mistake in your prologue. It's probably just something that slipped through the cracks.
      The beginning is very interesting. And the backgrounds are nice! And it really feels like you like these characters.

But here's the thing that I'm afraid might cost you a lot of reads. There's not a lot that happens in this chapter. And I know you want the reader to get to know the characters, but attention spans are short and readers love it when dramatic stuff happens. We need to actively work to keep them reading our stories. The vast majority stop after episode 1/episode 3. I always try to make sure that every scene and even every line of dialogue is relevant to the plot. Do you think you can add a cliffhanger to this chapter? Do you think you can add some choices? You don't HAVE to have them, but they'll definitely attract more readers.

Hi there, here is my story if yo want to review.

Title: CLOSE
    Author: Amy_Grace
    Genre: Drama, Romance
    Episodes: 3 (on going)
    Instagram: amz.g_episode
    Description:She lost three years of memory. He lost her completely. But what happens when she unexpectedly returns. Can she remember him in time before it's too late?
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5908645636997120

Thanks.

Comment

• viidii
      viidii commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi
      It's good and you've obviously put a lot of effort into it.
      You directing is also very good.
      I've noticed you don't have any choices. You don't HAVE to have them, but they'll definitely attract more readers.
      It's probably a glitch, but I can't see anybody during the customization scene.
      I'd start off the story and then go into customization a bit later. It's more fun for the reader to jump right in. But I'm not sure where you'd put the costumization.
      You definitely have some grammar mistakes. I'd suggest going through the story and working on the grammar again. Or, if you don't want to do that/aren't sure if you can, you could ask somebody on the forums/somewhere else to help you.

Hi viidii! If you're still looking for stories to review, I'd love for you to take a look at mine.

TITLE: Crimes of Passion
    AUTHOR: That1Chick
    GENRE: Romance/Action/Drama
    NUMBER OF EPISODES: 5 so far, 20 planned.
    STYLE: Ink
    DESCRIPTION: Our eyes met & I knew he was going to change my life forever. I just didn't realize that meant being pulled into a life of crime...
    LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4657598068031488

Thank you!

Comment

• viidii
      viidii commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi! Sure, I'm still doing these. I've read your first chapter.

I'm sure the plot will appeal to a lot of readers. I can see this getting popular.

A couple of suggestions. The directing could be more sophisticated. That will definitely bring you more reads and it'll make the story look better.
      You could have some more choices. The choices you have are good, but they don't feel like they have a big impact on the story. Do you think you could include something?
      The scene in his office moves a bit quickly for me. They meet and very quickly, they kiss. I think you could benefit from adding something here.

• that1chick
      that1chick commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the feedback! I'll read some more about directing. I've been trying to add more choices to my story. In episode 6 I have a choice that splits story lines. (Which is way harder to keep track of than I thought it would be.)

• viidii
      viidii commented
      Editing a comment
      You're very welcome that's super hard to keep track of, I feel you!

Hi! If you're looking for stories to review you can take a look at mine!

Title: Pregnant by The Ceo
    Author: Lady-Cinderella
    Episodes: 7 ongoing
    Description: Anya Smith is an average girl working as a secretary to her childhood best friend. However, things turn awry when her best friend's parents come into town and demands an heir.
    Style: Episode INK
    Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5742615368171520
    Instagram: @episode.ladycinderella

Comment

• viidii
      viidii commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi I read your first chapter. Based on that, here's my review.
      It's cute. But I have to say, it's very short. The cliffhanger is good, but do you think you could add something? Possibly more choices? Of course you don't HAVE to have them, but they'll always get you more readers.

Hi, I'm still doing this! I also have an Instagram account now, so you can contact me there too <3
    @vidi.episode

Comment

Brace yourselves for a brand new detective story like no other! Follow the adventures of rookie Special Agent, Noiruf as he navigates the dark corners of the criminal world in a quest to maintain law and order.
      1. Author : Vivek Prasad (AKA Vira Dash)
      2. Story Title : When The Clock Strikes 12
      3. Genre : Adventure/Mystery/Fantasy/Drama
      4. Summary : A group of friends attempted to break the natural laws in order to aid one of their grieving friends but when they failed, they unwittingly unleashed an evil force upon the Earth.
      5. Style : Ink
      6. Episodes : 9 (more episodes coming soon!)
      7. Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5174307789733888
      8. Instagram : @vivek.episode

Comment

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi! Since we're probably moving to the new forums soon and IDK if the thread will move too, I'll message you on Insta when I'm done with the review, okay?

• Vivek Prasad
        Vivek Prasad commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah sure.

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! The forums are still standing so I figured I'd use them instead. I'm sorry for how long this took, I was studying.
        The story line seems interesting and unusual. I couldn't predict what happens right now, that's great. The amount of choices you have is good. And the ending scene is intriguing!
        I do have a couple of suggestions. I don’t know if you need to have the main character introduce himself. It has a flair of telling instead of showing. I'd cut that and give that info through the circumstances and dialogue.
        I think you could flesh out the individual voices of the characters a bit more, show their uniqueness through their dialogue as well.
        you could add some scenes together so that the information and action of two scenes is presented in just one scene. that way, you could have less time skips.
        The directing could be more sophisticated (zooms, spot directing, background characters, things like that).

These are obviously just suggestions, but I think you might get more readers like that.

Hi!
      I would love to get a review of my story, if you have some time left.

Title: Waver conquest
      Author: Iris-cookielover (Iris)
      Genre: Adventure
      Chapters: 3 so far
      Description: You are chosen to go on a mission to the Blue Waver, the enemy of your spaceship. Will you be able to complete the mission? A story full of adventure and romance. CC,choices matter
      Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5110640848666624

Let me know what you thought about it!

Comment

• Iris-cookielover
        Iris-cookielover commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome!
        Good luck with your exams
        You can contact me on insta @irispluim2222 or here if this forum still works.

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, we'll see! Haha, thank you

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi! Since the forums are still standing, here's my review. I do hope you still see this, I'll message you a quick update on insta as well.
        The story has an interesting plot and wow, that cliffhanger is great! I like your choices as well.
        I do have some suggestions: You have some typos so you might want to read the story over again (stuff like let’s vs. lets).
        I think you should move into the main plot quicker and spend less time on her working out and practicing. It seems somewhat irrelevant to the plot.
        The directing could definitely be more sophisticated (more zooms, spot directing, background characters). You’d get way more reads if you did that.
        Some of the dialogue sounds a bit artificial to me. This is subjective, of course, but perhaps you’d benefit from saying the dialogue out loud at times and asking if it sounds real and natural. I know this is vague, I’m sorry, but I do hope you know what I’m talking about.

Hi, would you be interested in reviewing my story?

Title: Singer's Dream (Limelight,cc)
      Author: Kelly
      Story Style: Limelight
      Episodes: 4 (ongoing)
      Short Description: Layla finds out that the famous singer Charlie has moved into the city, will everything stay the same when he asks her to sing a duet with him? [CC]
      Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4633272012898304
      Instagram: @writerkelly.episode

Comment

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure, I'm interested. But if the forums are closed down by the time I'm done, I'll message you the review on Insta if that's okay?

• writerkelly
        writerkelly commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah of course, thank you!

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey. I'm finally done!
        Interesting story. First of all, I think you could get a lot of readers with the subject, it’s a popular one.
        I do have a couple of suggestions: I’d cut back on the exposition/narration a bit. Somewhat related, the pace seems a bit slow. It seems to me that you could cut out some of the dialogue/scenes and the story would still be completely coherent and in that case, you should.
        The directing/visuals could be more sophisticated (zooms, spot directing, people continuing to move their mouths after they’re done speaking). I know you’d get more reads like that.
        There are often long pauses between sentences. do you write “@X is idle_sad” here? I think you should replace that with “starts idle_sad”.

Hey viidii I'd be glad if you could read my story and tell me what you think about it.
      Tittle : Mr Bond's Murder
      Author Name: Mystery Maker
      Episodes: 5 (ongoing)
      Genre: Thriller (with content of mystery and comedy)
      Description: A snowy night, A few clues and a murder investigation, where no one is reliable to be trusted.............
      Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6705429627011072

Instagram: mystery.episode

Thank you

Comment

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, I'm happy to. But if the forums are closed down by the time I'm done, I'll message you the review on Insta if that's okay?

Author:Author trentino Story: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Story description: Susan Chamberlain is being abused by her husband Victor Chamberlain. Victor refuses to let Susan go due to her secrets of the past, will Susan be able to escape him and have a chance at true love Find out NOW ! Episodes 10 (ongoing) Genre: Action

Link :
      https://episodeinteractive.com/s/6058864065249280

Comment

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi! Since we're probably moving to the new forums soon and IDK if the thread will move too, could you tell me if you have an account there? Or some other way to contact you if the review takes a while?

I write my first story, read this my stroy . . My story is
      title :Arange marriage
      author :Anna
      genre : romance
      stroy stlye :ink
      short description : ware wolfs love stroy , anna don’t know she is ware wolf but her mate knows this , read and find out how he make her fall for him and make believe in she is his mate .
      Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6085020699197440

Comment

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! I read the first episode. WIth the forums still up, I'm sending it to you here, because I don't have a twitter.
        It seems to me you're invested in the story.
        But I do have some suggestions:
        First of all, you have a lot of grammar mistakes. It's quite hard to read. You might benefit from a co-writer or somebody to read the story over and help you with that. You could ask on the forums or somewhere else. I'm sure you'll find somebody who's willing to help with that.
        I wouldn’t interrupt the story and insert the author. You should either give that information through the characters’ dialogue or through narration, in my opinion.
        The episode is very short, so I couldn’t quite form a thought-out opinion. Most people like to read longer episodes. Is there anything you could add that would be relevant to the plot?
        The directing is okay. I saw that you put a lot of effort into it. But some of the dimensions are off in relation to the background I think .
        I do hope this is helpful!

• Tweety sparrow
        Tweety sparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you , i will improve my grammar, thanks for your feedback.

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm happy if I could help!

Hey guys..!! My name is Priyanka, and I'm sharing my new story link here...Please read it and comment about it...You can share your story too...
      And one more thing, If you read mine I'm going to read yours too...(All the episodes.)
      Thank you.

Title: Mistaken Connection
      Author: Priyanka
      Episodes: 4 (ongoing)
      Description: We all done so many wrong things in our life..But what happend when a best thing done by you unknowingly after a big mistake? *Customize Characters*
      Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6672705810202624
      Additional Comment : Please also read my other story “LOVE NEVER ENDS..(season 1 Complete)”
      Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4764065062846464

Comment

• priyankachatterjee
        priyankachatterjee commented
        Editing a comment
        it's totally fine...take your time....:-)

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi! So, I'm done, finally
        It's cute. The backgrounds are nice, the directing is nice (but there were some small mistakes like layering or focus).
        You don't have a lot of choices. You might get more readers if you include some more choices.
        And, most importantly, there's a lot of incorrect grammar/typos. You might benefit from looking on the forums for somebody to read the story over and help you with that. You could ask on the forums or somewhere else. I'm sure you'll find somebody who's willing to help with that.

• priyankachatterjee
        priyankachatterjee commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you so much for your review...I'll keep those points in mind....:-)

Title: Keeping It
      Author: Splot
      Genre: Drama
      Episodes: 2 (not published yet)
      Description: Keeping It centers on Emma Wilson, a teen who discovers that she's pregnant with her gay best friend's baby.

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4961808576806912

Comment

• viidii
        viidii commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! I read the first two episodes... Here’s my review.
        It’s visually great! It really is.
        The choices are nice and you manage to make them feel meaningful. Perhaps you might benefit from some more choices, but they’re already pretty good right now.
        The chapters have a nice length.
        Now, for the plot. Well, pregnancy plots are popular, so you’ll definitely find readers, especially with the visual quality. But you have to be very careful with regards to Will’s sexuality. I don’t know where you’re going right now, feel free to tell me, but I’m a bit worried.

• episodiam12490
        episodiam12490 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much! I appreciate you reading my story, but can you dm me on why your worried about where I'm going with the story regarding Will's sexuality so I could be sure to fix it, thanks again!
    Working...
    X